• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Joe = Old Joe

JackB1

Joe Johnson's shooting since he's been back has been just as horrible as it was before he went out for the surgery.

Did we rush him back too soon? or is this just Joe?

Joe is still not playing smart and within Drew's offense. He is still forcing up shots instead of letting the game come to

him. He doesn't need to jack up 15-20 shots per game. Learn from Horford. If the shots not there, pass it up.

I think Joe wants to prove he's still "the man" in ATL, but he needs to accept that there is "a new sheriff in town" and his name is:

BOSS

Edited by JackB1

• Moderators

But we will live or die by whether Joe gets into scoring form. If he keeps attacking the basket that will help but when the game slows down in the playoffs it will be Joe trying to create something in crunch time. Horford is great but his greatness is on knocking down short range jumpers more so than working his man on the block.

• Premium Member

Joe Johnson's shooting since he's been back has been just as horrible as it was before he went out for the surgery.

Did we rush him back too soon? or is this just Joe?

Joe is still not playing smart and within Drew's offense. He is still forcing up shots instead of letting the game come to

him. He doesn't need to jack up 15-20 shots per game. Learn from Horford. If the shots not there, pass it up.

I think Joe wants to prove he's still "the man" in ATL, but he needs to accept that there is "a new sheriff in town" and his name is:

BOSS

Old Joe = before the surgery?

You guys need to give him time. It's 2 games back ...15 days after a surgery that requires 4-6 weeks of rehab. For a problem that he dealt with at least 4 months. On top of that.. all this criticism after 17/5/6... Let the man get his mechanics back.

• Like 4

Old Joe = before the surgery?

You guys need to give him time. It's 2 games back ...15 days after a surgery that requires 4-6 weeks of rehab. For a problem that he dealt with at least 4 months. On top of that.. all this criticism after 17/5/6... Let the man get his mechanics back.

What he just said.

If Crawford and Mo were healthy then JJ would not have rushed back. He is sacrificing for the team right now. We have no other healthy SGs on the roster. Sure Marvin and Damien CAN play SG but that is not their natural position.

What he just said.

If Crawford and Mo were healthy then JJ would not have rushed back. He is sacrificing for the team right now. We have no other healthy SGs on the roster. Sure Marvin and Damien CAN play SG but that is not their natural position.

I understand that he needs to play, but I don't understand his shot selection. He is taking way too many shots for someone just coming back and needs to defer to his teammates more for now.

You can see he still has the same mindset as he did before. He needs to ease himself back in and stop trying to be SuperJoe.

I actually like the new Joe. He's not being so selfish anymore, he is playing great defense, and giving up the ball a lot more. With all that happening, his shot will be back soon. I'm pretty sure we will see a better Joe than we have before. That's just my opinion.

• Premium Member

I understand that he needs to play, but I don't understand his shot selection. He is taking way too many shots for someone just coming back and needs to defer to his teammates more for now.

You can see he still has the same mindset as he did before. He needs to ease himself back in and stop trying to be SuperJoe.

Uhm? He's still leading our team in assists.

It's a new system to all Hawks. After 5 years of being the goto guy, Joe has to learn this new role. He's getting it. Nobody said that change would be easy.