• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is it possible?

Wurider05

I have been reading several stories about Melo going to the NETS with the promise that they surround him with talent. There will probably be a 3-6 team trade involving anybody's guess. Is it possible for them to become a contender this season if they make the right moves. I mean they have money and a good coach. How could we get in on this if its going to be a multi-team deal. I think that this going to be a big trade.

Could they leap frog us with the right moves or we shouldn't worry about them until the next season?

I have been reading several stories about Melo going to the NETS with the promise that they surround him with talent. There will probably be a 3-6 team trade involving anybody's guess. Is it possible for them to become a contender this season if they make the right moves. I mean they have money and a good coach. How could we get in on this if its going to be a multi-team deal. I think that this going to be a big trade.

Could they leap frog us with the right moves or we shouldn't worry about them until the next season?

I don't really see worrying about them right now even if they were to add Melo, but in Prokhorov they have got the Russian multi, multi-billionaire owner who is absolutely dead-committed to making them not only relevant again but an NBA force to be reckoned with, and he plans on making the Nets an international brand and marketing the living sh*t out of them internationally. I wouldn't bet against him either, because it cannot be emphasized enough how much he wants to win with the Nets just as he's won in his business career. It ain't just lip-service, baby. He's a definite 'doer', and he's the type of owner any fan would dream of, one with deep, deep pockets and the drive, desire and willingness to do whatever it might take to win, and money be damned. So based upon that criteria, I'd feel pretty damn excited about the future if I were a Nets fan. With an owner like that and the move to Brooklyn, you sort of feel like the sky might be the limit for that team.

I say good for them, and I'm envious of their position. For me it's always nice to see a traditional dreg team finally get a break or two in life and get an honest shot at making a great leap forward, and that is what they seem poised for with an owner like that.

Jamal Crawford- To Denver- Denver wants cap space, that's why that want Murphy from NJ. Crawford gives them that, as well as a scorer for the rest of the season.

Marvin Williams- To Denver- A piece that denver can start rebuilding with. Marvin should be coming off the bench here. He should be starting in Denver.

Mike Bibby - To New Jersey- With NJ giving up a pg, they'll need one in return. Bibby has been big this year, and would fit well with Melo.

2011 1st Round Pick- To Denver (Lottery Protected)- Part of Denver's rebuilding process.

Travis Outlaw- To Atlanta- Is essentially Marvin. Don't think it will be as much pressure to start him if we want to move josh to sf.

Devin Harris- To Atlanta- We get our pg. Can score, dish the rock, and should be an improvement on defense. Teague better get used to coming off the bench.

Derick Favors- To Denver- Nice young piece. Extreamly raw but has rare potential. Could be a star for Denver in the future. The guy Denver seems to want.

2011/2012 1st Round Pick- To Denver- Denver must hope NJ doesn't make a run to the playoffs this year. Possible top 10 pick Denver will use to start rebuilding. Next years pick sweetens the deal.

Carmelo Anthony- To New Jersey- The Melo days are over in Denver. Of course Denver would like a star in return for Melo, but it's looking like that's not going to happen. He can bring them back 5 young pieces (3 via draft picks) and cap space. Don't the cavs wish they would have done something similar. Will Melo sign an extension?

Arron Afflalo- To Atlanta- Filler salary to make the deal work, but he's not only that. Very servicable player, would do well filling crawford's role coming off the bench.

Hawks Get: Devin Harris, Travis Outlaw, and Arron Afflalo. We get younger and better at the point.

Nets Get: Carmelo Anthony and Mike Bibby. Nets get who they want to sell tickets (as long as Melo signs extension) and they keep murphy's expiring contract.

Nuggets Get: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams, Jamal Crawford, and 3 1st Round draft picks. Nuggets get f***ed. Maybe...

14- that is an interesting idea. You did a lot of work to make that even out. I like the trade ont he ATL side. The Nets seem to get what they need and keep Murphy to go into another trade. Denver gets a good talent in Favors and a ton of picks. Just might work, but probably won't happen.