• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Joe.....

benhillboy

Under a month to go. So far, he's right at 44% shooting, amazingly, and he was by far the worst player on the floor at the All-Star game voted on by coaches who evidently haven't seen him play much. Woo-hoo! His assists have even dipped below 5, shooting 80% from the line and .302 from three as the 69th most efficient player in the league with only two guys above him standing to compete with his salary the next few years in Kobe and Melo. How much can Dwigt Howard ask for? 300 million based on what Joe makes?

Is there anyone on this board who doesn't realize this guy is a total bum yet after years of me speaking the truth? Diesel? Ex?

His assist have dipped because his teammates have stopped making shots they made more consistently in the past. His scoring had dipped because his 3pt short isn't falling and teams are doubling him all game. Joe isn't Kobe but Dwight Howard may be the only player in the league who sees more double teams. I understand that part of your purpose is to dog him beyond belief, but you have started to go beyond reason. When his teammates start consistently making teams pay for the constant double teams, his numbers will go back up.

• Like 1

i am tired of the damded excuses for joe, the best player on the team, i cant really say that right now b/c it seems to me the guy that makes the most impact right now when he is on is josh smith, atone time i was on the bandwagon of lets trade josh for a competant center,

but hell josh hits us 3or 4 jumpers in a row, gives us 6 assist swats 3or4 balls out the paint and occasionally hits us 2 or 3 3pt. baskets.at this point id rather trade joe than josh.

for 120 million this guy should be more prolific like a durant pumping in 27 a night. so we dont have that & i realise that lebron and wade on slumps but for dam near whole monts at a time. i was at the millwaukee game when joe put on one of the greatest shooting clinics of the season.

WHY CANT I GET THAT 2 TIMES A MONTH. if he can just give us 1/2 of what he gave us that night i would be satisfied. hell give us a loud 16 anight where you hit 3 or 4 straight jumpers in a row during a team run. or hit some dagger shots to stop the opposites team run. hit a wide open 3 when no one is on you . this should be the least your 120 million dollar man should do. joe is beginning to scare me b/c at the end of that contract he is going to look worse than bibby if he doesnt get prolific with his jumper.

their is another nock on joe, horford said something about the team a while ago,"at times we are too laid back,sometime its a detrement & sometimes its a benefit".team intensity comes from your leaders and joe is too laid ack to bring intensity. i know you cant lay all of it on his shoulders but you can lay 1/2 of the lack of intensity to his account. If this team is not competitive against newyork in the playoffs , giving us at least a 6 game series, i say blow up the team and put every one on the scrapheap and maybe try to keep horford if you can ( look at the THUNDER for motivation and hope we draft right next time)

• 4 weeks later...

I was spot on. He shot 44% and was voted to the All-Star Game. Awesome. Barely 80% from the line. One rebound per quarter. .297 from three? He should abandon it altogether. Assists down. 83rd in PER sandwiched between Barngiani and J.R. Smith.

Please. Somebody wake me up when he is moved. I wish the Hawks well in the playoffs, but seeing as this is our "leader", not looking forward to much at all. He's only gonna make more money for doing less next year. Unbe-f$&kin-leivable.

Joe Lovers, save it. I know your excuses. He was injured. He had to adjust to a new system. His minutes are down. How can I be so uncompassionate for our 29 year old mega-millionaire?

Suckers. I'm done giving my 2+ years education on this dude's numerous flaws and his ridiculously poor value. You're welcome.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I was spot on. He shot 44% and was voted to the All-Star Game. Awesome. Barely 80% from the line. One rebound per quarter. .297 from three? He should abandon it altogether. Assists down. 83rd in PER sandwiched between Barngiani and J.R. Smith.

Please. Somebody wake me up when he is moved. I wish the Hawks well in the playoffs, but seeing as this is our "leader", not looking forward to much at all. He's only gonna make more money for doing less next year. Unbe-f$&kin-leivable.

Joe Lovers, save it. I know your excuses. He was injured. He had to adjust to a new system. His minutes are down. How can I be so uncompassionate for our 29 year old mega-millionaire?

Suckers. I'm done giving my 2+ years education on this dude's numerous flaws and his ridiculously poor value. You're welcome.

He should give up the 3 for sure. He's the worst 3 point shooter on the team. He was beat by Smith, Crawford, Hinrich, Williams and even Teague. The rest of the guys didn't shoot any to speak of.)

He should give up the 3 for sure. He's the worst 3 point shooter on the team. He was beat by Smith, Crawford, Hinrich, Williams and even Teague. The rest of the guys didn't shoot any to speak of.)

Give it up? Huh? Why should a player give up one of the better features of his game just because he's struggling for the first time with it? That would be crazy, and totally counter-productive.

Even taking into account his 29% this year, he is still hitting 3's at a .366 clip for his career, which is pretty decent. It's not world beating stuff, but it's pretty good.

He's only 29, so it's not like he suddenly got old and lost the ability to shoot, so I can only assume he is not physically correct or 100%, whether that's his elbow or his thumb or what, I have no idea. I just don't think he's right, and that's why he's been so off.

• Premium Member

I don't know which group is more delusional out of the Joe Johnson fan club members or the Josh Smith fan members. Hell even the Zaza fan club people are willing admit their favorite player's flaws.

There is no Joe Johnson "fan club"

As the resident Joe Hater, yes, it is. If I had a nickel for every baseless and blindly supportive reply to my posts bashing him. I understand the Hawks allegiance, but I never even considered Joe a Hawk. Just a renegade who got ultra lucky financially when he landed with his third, ridiculously dumb franchise who decided to give him a King's Ransom while both teams that let him go went on to either play in a Conference Final, win one, or the Finals altogether, with numerous players that they drafted lower than Joe's position, mind you. His fan club just has been posting less and less with each passing week as his numbers plummet. Even they are starting to come around, even though he's the exact same player stylistically as the one who averaged over 25 amongst other respectable, yet bloated stats and led us to the lottery numerous times years ago. I fully expect him to be as poor as last season in the playoffs, he'll get booed, and no one will care nationally. Much more compelling what the three teams below us will do to leapfrog us next season, or whenever this lockout ends that Phil is certain of.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Joe got paid elite money and hasnt delivered - what else needs to be said? Is it Drews Fault for changing the offense that always started and ended with isi Joe ? Is it managements fault for not realizing Joes numbers were related to him always being the first option ?

To be fair ,where are the extra points and touches going ? Als taking more shots, Josh is taking WAY more shots .We paid Joe based on his numbers which were built around him dominating the basketball, did anyone think that the numbers would rise if that changed ?

• Moderators

As i said in another post his contract starts right now. Are you going to feel the same if he averages 30 in the playoffs and we go to the finals. I'm not predicting this but I'm willing to wait a few more weeks before even approaching 'total bum'.

My main question though is what happened to ChickenStanley?