• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yao Ming anyone?

Joker

Yao Ming to the Hawks?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He'll bring Doraville and Norcross to the games and Chinese media and cable deals to ASG as well.

Craw for Ming (discounted insurance).

He probably won't play much but it's more business than anything else. What do you think? I am 40/60 on it.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

I am not willing to take an injury risk on someone like him for his price. Oden at a cheaper price is a more reasonable gamble but if you miss on Ming you destroy the Hawks.

Good point but you make money. That's something the Hawks could do and still lose money. I am not high on the deal but making money is good and Atlanta doesn't seems like they want to make money.

Good point but you make money. That's something the Hawks could do and still lose money. I am not high on the deal but making money is good and Atlanta doesn't seems like they want to make money.

That is very true, but they could have brought alot to the city if they signed Shaq. He is still a media favorite and a cash cow. That plus he would have actually been a factor on the court.

That is very true, but they could have brought alot to the city if they signed Shaq. He is still a media favorite and a cash cow. That plus he would have actually been a factor on the court.

Yao brings in sponsors from China and media from China as well as a Chinese following. Shaq doesn't do that. Huge difference.

Yao brings in sponsors from China and media from China as well as a Chinese following. Shaq doesn't do that. Huge difference.

I never said our implied that they were the same. I was only pointing out that they could have had Shaq for a much cheaper price and he is also more kindly to help on the court. Yao definitely brings some monetary value but hopefully they can use that cap space for someone more valuable to thea court

If Yao comes at a lower price than go for it.

I never said our implied that they were the same. I was only pointing out that they could have had Shaq for a much cheaper price and he is also more kindly to help on the court. Yao definitely brings some monetary value but hopefully they can use that cap space for someone more valuable to thea court

If Yao comes at a lower price than go for it.

Yep, that's true.

I absolutely despise everything that Yao Ming stands for in a basketball sense other than outstanding free throw shooting for a "big" man. Soft as a newborn baby's bottom Yao Ming. And as a life-long Atlantan, trust me, nobody wants to see him get his shot blocked by Nate Robinson, fail to get his dunk attempt over the rim, and get dunked on by Power forwards who are a foot shorter than he is.

Didn't Yao just break another bone and is probably done for his career? I see no point in bringing in a guy that won't play. Why not go after Yi if you're interested in a Chinese player. At least he can somewhat contribute. Heck, he'd fit right into the Hawks with soft work on the boards and shooting 18' jumpers even though he's 7' tall.