• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Most Encouraging/ Disappointing

benhillboy

Just wanted to get a pulse of the best and worst of the season so far. I would think that Al progressing on schedule is by far the most pleasing thing going on right now with this squad. There are a few more with Bibby's three ball or Josh's jumper that will still take about two years to convince me of it's effectiveness and consistency. But what doesn't live up to expectations? For me it's easily....

Jamal (thought I was gonna say Joe, huh?). Just like Joe, I give him no pass on being injured or having a lack of focus because of his contract situation, which he foolishly admitted to. I guess I was the foolish one to think he could duplicate last year's historic performance. He looked like a championship piece last year, this year he's just ole career-losing, poor shooting, journeyman, bench-warming Jamal. 9 4-pointers, by far our best driver, cold-blooded game-winning three on the road, our most frequent and best free throw shooter last season. Went straight at defenders necks. He has had, what, 1 game worthy of last year's version? I have faith in the guy and want to believe that last year was no fluke, and I understand that his role and style had to change a bit under Drew, but damn, I just don't see the combo of focus and fire that he showed almost the entire campaign last year. Plain and simple, someone in our backcourt needs to step up and I feel Jamal is the most able, but with each poor shooting, multiple turnover night I grow more weary. There are enough candidates to go around: Teague's slow progression, Marvin still being Marvin, no contributions from Jordan, Mo being worse than usual, career-worst production from Zaza, not having an impressive win over an elite team yet, etc. Thoughts?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Just wanted to get a pulse of the best and worst of the season so far. I would think that Al progressing on schedule is by far the most pleasing thing going on right now with this squad. There are a few more with Bibby's three ball or Josh's jumper that will still take about two years to convince me of it's effectiveness and consistency. But what doesn't live up to expectations? For me it's easily....

Jamal (thought I was gonna say Joe, huh?). Just like Joe, I give him no pass on being injured or having a lack of focus because of his contract situation, which he foolishly admitted to. I guess I was the foolish one to think he could duplicate last year's historic performance. He looked like a championship piece last year, this year he's just ole career-losing, poor shooting, journeyman, bench-warming Jamal. 9 4-pointers, by far our best driver, cold-blooded game-winning three on the road, our most frequent and best free throw shooter last season. Went straight at defenders necks. He has had, what, 1 game worthy of last year's version? I have faith in the guy and want to believe that last year was no fluke, and I understand that his role and style had to change a bit under Drew, but damn, I just don't see the combo of focus and fire that he showed almost the entire campaign last year. Plain and simple, someone in our backcourt needs to step up and I feel Jamal is the most able, but with each poor shooting, multiple turnover night I grow more weary. There are enough candidates to go around: Teague's slow progression, Marvin still being Marvin, no contributions from Jordan, Mo being worse than usual, career-worst production from Zaza, not having an impressive win over an elite team yet, etc. Thoughts?

I agree with your list. Regarding Marvin, he did not play well against GS the other night, but prior to that it seemed like he'd been playing better since he'd been benched, so maybe that's what needs to happen in order to light a fire under his *ss. If he starts disappearing out there on the floor again, then sit him down to start a game, even if Mo Evans sucks (and he does).

Mine would be our inability to beat an elite team. Yeah we can beat the 76ers, the Pacers, the Raptors, but we get creamed against Boston, Miami, etc. I don't put much stock into the wins over the Magic either. Game 1 half the guys were coming back from a virus, game 2 the trust traded away two starters and their backup big man. They should have let JJ walked and got a better coach.

Marvin has been doing well lately.

Edited by Wurider05