• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Another good team, another loss!

Wurider05

Why?

So Joe could have gone 8-29 (instead of 6-20)?

This team needs someone who can keep a PG out of the paint!

Marvin needs to get his arse out of ATL and back on the court. I personally got up from many falls worse than his (even on asphalt) and continued to play that same day and daily afterwards. This is pathetic, in my opinion.

He insults every one of us who play (or have played) for the enjoyment of the game. (i.e -- a large percentage of the fan base.)

Sorry, I'm not buying him being too injured to play. Jordan or Bird would never have considered missing a game after leaving the court with the ease that Marvin did. And neither would I. And I never made $100,000 a game (for staying home and watching TV --- so maybe that's why?)

He couldn't even make the F****ng the TRIP!! Unreal.

CS

I don't really know what to say... It's ridiculous to think Marvin's a p****who could have played tonight. I broke my patella after a quite similar play

This team tried hard tonight but it wasn't enough...again. I'm starting to think we're just not good enough to beat good teams. The list is getting bigger every single week : Utah, Dallas, Boston, NO, Oklahoma, San Antonio ... We're competing but can't win those games.

Don't get me wrong, I love Joe. But come on, 6/20 is pathetic. What bothers me the most is that every time he goes to the paint something good happens. But he prefers those jumpshots that doesn't fall.. His laziness costs us a lot . I give him credit for his 11 assists though but that not enough in my opinion.

The other problem is rebounding. We're one of the worst team in that aspect . It won't allow us to win playoffs games. I just don't see much room for improvement in this team.

We re not an elite team and won't ever be with this core

The hawks front office needs to get off their A**** and make a trade. This current team is not going to get it done. Trade Marvin for Prince which is possible, then find what pieces to move in order to acquire Camby, only people who need to be on this team are Joe, josh, and Al, the rest can go....sorry Zaza and Bibby. I love Jamal but if we need to move him to get Camby it needs to be done. with these trades we still would need a point that's if Teague is not included in one of the trades. if so then we have to give JC2 the burn at point. Now before everyone head's explode, I know he's not a true point but I know that he can hold that position until they figure out which way to get a true point. also I think that Pape, or I hope that he can be the future pg. come on a 6'6"-6'7" pg is rare. but something needs to be done. I'm not in panic mode like some people but lets just face facts this current team has plateaued, it's time to cut dead weight.

Why are we still blaming Marvin, seriously have we not moved beyond him?

Marvin doesn't win or lose games for the Hawks - he's largely inconsequential.

Yeah.... We should have a 18/4/9 PG instead.

The hawks front office needs to get off their A**** and make a trade. This current team is not going to get it done. Trade Marvin for Prince which is possible, then find what pieces to move in order to acquire Camby, only people who need to be on this team are Joe, josh, and Al, the rest can go....sorry Zaza and Bibby. I love Jamal but if we need to move him to get Camby it needs to be done. with these trades we still would need a point that's if Teague is not included in one of the trades. if so then we have to give JC2 the burn at point. Now before everyone head's explode, I know he's not a true point but I know that he can hold that position until they figure out which way to get a true point. also I think that Pape, or I hope that he can be the future pg. come on a 6'6"-6'7" pg is rare. but something needs to be done. I'm not in panic mode like some people but lets just face facts this current team has plateaued, it's time to cut dead weight.

Joe sucks. He deserves to go just as much as Marvin, but nobody would be dumb enough take take Allan Houston II.

Joe's shooting is off, that's a fact. I don't know if he has problems with his hand (some shots looked really horrible) but he needs to limit his outside shooting because he's hurting his team. His misses were a big part of Hawks bad start which found themselves quickly to be behind in double digits and trying to dig out of that hole.

Al forced things a little bit too much on offense. Drew needs to set up some better plays for him, because good defensive teams won't leave him wide open just like that. Those picks should be run closer to the basket at times. Horf wasn't hustling for defensive rebounds that allowed Thunder to score some second chance points.

It would've been really nice game from Josh if not those turnovers.

One of the best games from Jamal this season, he really picked up his defensive game. I wish he could create also for others.

Teague's episode - turnover, wide missed floater and a foul (nice block though).

Hawks played decent D, but you can't stop KD when he's hitting those threes. Damien showing once again that he's really good on man defender. Mo is not, why can't coaching staff get it?

• Premium Member

I don't really know what to say... It's ridiculous to think Marvin's a p****who could have played tonight. I broke my patella after a quite similar play

This team tried hard tonight but it wasn't enough...again. I'm starting to think we're just not good enough to beat good teams. The list is getting bigger every single week : Utah, Dallas, Boston, NO, Oklahoma, San Antonio ... We're competing but can't win those games.

Don't get me wrong, I love Joe. But come on, 6/20 is pathetic. What bothers me the most is that every time he goes to the paint something good happens. But he prefers those jumpshots that doesn't fall.. His laziness costs us a lot . I give him credit for his 11 assists though but that not enough in my opinion.

The other problem is rebounding. We're one of the worst team in that aspect . It won't allow us to win playoffs games. I just don't see much room for improvement in this team.

We re not an elite team and won't ever be with this core

16/11/4 is not so bad. If I told you that you had a SG that would give you 16 points, 11 assists and 4 rebounds, I think you'd be satisfied with it. The real problem is that we couldn't stop them. They shot the lights out. Especially from distance. In the fourth, they turned it on and out rebounded and out scored us.

To answer another posters question, Joe kept shooting from outside because when he goes inside, he was charging or getting his shot blocked. Still, we need to have him be dangerous from outside. BUT, when he notices that the outside shot is not falling, he has to have the BBIQ to do something else.

As a team, we should shoot free throws better too. It's not really the amount that we missed (because I can't tell you that) but it's when. 4th quarter down by 6 or 7 is not the time to go missing 2 free throws in a row. Then watch Durant just get goofy from three?

Could Marvin have stopped Durant? Doubtful. However, LD has to figure out something about our defense because against good teams, our defense falters.

Didn't we defeat all of these teams except San An by this time last year? The majority of this board loved to see Woody gone. I didn't, and the preliminary verdict is we are worse with our cheap coach because besides an Orlando team that wasn't even acquainted, the team that swept the best team in the NBA of the past 3 years (Celtics) just last season hasn't beat ANYONE worht noting. Not good Drew, Sund, and awful ownership. Not good. I killed Jamal yesterday, so I was happy to see him get back to last season's form, hopefully he can keep it up.

Edited by benhillboy

The Thunder are just a terrible matchup for us. They got the athletic PG, the superstar that cannot be defended when he's "on", and they have enough athleticism in the front court to counter ours. It was a good game. We need Joe to start shooting like he's at least worth half of that contract.

The Thunder are just a terrible matchup for us. They got the athletic PG, the superstar that cannot be defended when he's "on", and they have enough athleticism in the front court to counter ours. It was a good game. We need Joe to start shooting like he's at least worth half of that contract.

Wouldn't hold my breath on that one, High.

16/11/4 is not so bad. If I told you that you had a SG that would give you 16 points, 11 assists and 4 rebounds, I think you'd be satisfied with it. The real problem is that we couldn't stop them. They shot the lights out. Especially from distance. In the fourth, they turned it on and out rebounded and out scored us.

To answer another posters question, Joe kept shooting from outside because when he goes inside, he was charging or getting his shot blocked. Still, we need to have him be dangerous from outside. BUT, when he notices that the outside shot is not falling, he has to have the BBIQ to do something else.

As a team, we should shoot free throws better too. It's not really the amount that we missed (because I can't tell you that) but it's when. 4th quarter down by 6 or 7 is not the time to go missing 2 free throws in a row. Then watch Durant just get goofy from three?

Could Marvin have stopped Durant? Doubtful. However, LD has to figure out something about our defense because against good teams, our defense falters.

Both teams have balance issues, the difference was we have very good all stars types (three of them). They have two superstars. One superstar equals two all stars types and since they have two of them, it's 4 to 3 in their favor. Bibby looked horrible. Horford and Smoove would have clean the boards if they just boxed out. Collins showed why he is terrible in many ways. No contribution at all. We could have used Marvin length on Durant. I understand being mad at Joe but he was covering Durant a lot and getting double in 60% of our possessions offensively. That is very tough on a superstar like Durant or Kobe much less one who isn't like Joe. Quite simply, Woody switching scheme flawed or not was the best thing we could do defensively. We do not have the personnel for man, we even struggled in zone defense. Joe has very good BBIQ but their gameplan on Joe was flawless and Atlanta has no winning counter v. it.

No Marvin usually struggles with guard type forwards and the Durant always gets the best of him but usually Durant's not hitting fadeaways threes. He was unstoppable tonight.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

This LD quote tells me all I need to know about the situation .

"We can't play too fast of a style [which] we are really not accustomed to," he said before the game.

An undersized team that cant play fast ? ...........IN THE NBA ? do they not see the flaw in that either get a center or get a PG but cmon a smallish athletic undersized team trying to win games by playing a slow it down game is doomed for failure .

Again we do a good job beating up on the bad teams but can't beat anyone else. I am starting to miss Woody!!

Yeah, it's very frustrating. Last year we beat the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, just tons of good teams, and we had a great regular season winning % against playoff teams. This year, not so much, at least not yet.

Yeah, it's very frustrating. Last year we beat the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, just tons of good teams, and we had a great regular season winning % against playoff teams. This year, not so much, at least not yet.

Drew sure as hell hasn't improved his team. If ownership were not so cheap he would be fired already.

AND HE SHOULD.

Have we forgotten? JJ was supposed to be our starting PG when we first signed him.

We're always trying to swap things around and move JJ up sometimes to SF. Move him

to PG.

After watching Durant, we are reminded what JJ isn't, although we signed him and are

paying him like he is better than this super star. And we see, over and over, how JJ is not

the scoring machine that we would like him to be.

I am not a JJ hater. I just hate it that, with his inflated pay, he is robbing the Hawks because

he can't possibly be as great as he is being paid. It's not his fault that the Hawks went crazy

and agreed to pay him all this $$$ for his services.

The head coach gets the blame when the Hawks can't win against some of the great teams

of today in the NBA. Part of it may be his fault - - His responsibility is to game plan and motivate

these Hawk players. However, he can't make them do something that they are uncapable

of doing. This is a good Hawks team. We have a lot of good players. However, we are not

a great team and we don't have a lot of great players.

When discussing all stars for the Eastern Conference, Hawks have no one who we could

expect to be a starter and if we are honest, we could not expect to have any player as #2

behind any starter. JJ, who has been our all star, hasn't been an all star this season. Josh

Smith might gander a few votes and Horford couldn't be the #2 center, although he ought

to make the team.

Hawks can and do whip the lower talented teams. They win their part from the good teams.

They seldom beat the great teams - - As we just witnessed.

:headphones:

• Like 1

We are mediocre.

If you read quotes from very team in the NBA. Atlanta does get the positives very talented team comment. We are heavily flawed. I understand most just watch and comment but Atlanta is not that bad but they aren't great either. The switching defense made fans think we are much better. That defense was about versatility. This one is about ability. Josh has ability but isn't a good post defender. Horford is versatile but can't defend true centers and is foul prone. Joe has way too much on his plate. Like it or not, if Bibby can't stay on the court, we have to rely too much on Joe. Bibby and Crawford and generally useless defensively. Marvin doesn't help nor made things worst. Above average impact who can be good or below average. We have defensive and offensive issues. I am watching and taking notes on two games right now and honestly, it's hard to find many teams with more talent in their starting five than Atlanta. But no one has two players in the same position and are weak at PG. Even some of the below average teams. This team is flawed. At least they are talented and we can make trades for the betterment of the team.