• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Clippers Looking to trade Kaman for a SF

Wurider05

• Premium Member

I don't put a shred of credibility into "advanced" metrics like win shares, PER, EFR or whatever else is out there. Kaman passes the eyeball test. The only negative he has is his injury tendencies which seem to be getting worse the older he gets.

He is a black hole on offense. He has an assist to turnover ratio of almost 1-2 (1.5 assists per 36 mins - 2.8 turnovers per 36 mins) for his career and doesn't give you much of anything on defense. The guy is certainly not one of the top centers in the league in my opinion. Players like Okafor and Javale Mcgee are better than this guy. Heck if you go to the Clippers forum you'll find that most think Deandre Jordan is a better player than Kaman. The guy would be an upgrade over Zaza, but he wouldn't be a difference maker for us. Especially running our offense where our inside guys are required to pass the ball defectively to open shooters and slashers, Kaman would be completely lost and add nothing of value to us other than some rebounding. I know people are clamoring for more post offense but Kaman is not the answer. At the very best this would be a lateral move for us.

• Like 2

• Admin

He is a black hole on offense. He has an assist to turnover ratio of almost 1-2 (1.5 assists per 36 mins - 2.8 turnovers per 36 mins) for his career and doesn't give you much of anything on defense. The guy is certainly not one of the top centers in the league in my opinion. Players like Okafor and Javale Mcgee are better than this guy. Heck if you go to the Clippers forum you'll find that most think Deandre Jordan is a better player than Kaman. The guy would be an upgrade over Zaza, but he wouldn't be a difference maker for us. Especially running our offense where our inside guys are required to pass the ball defectively to open shooters and slashers, Kaman would be completely lost and add nothing of value to us other than some rebounding. I know people are clamoring for more post offense but Kaman is not the answer. At the very best this would be a lateral move for us.

I would love for us to acquire McGee. I think he would be a perfect fit here. I just wish he was an option. Washington has said he or Blatche will be traded but I think McGee is the one they want to keep.

• Moderators

I would love for us to acquire McGee. I think he would be a perfect fit here. I just wish he was an option. Washington has said he or Blatche will be traded but I think McGee is the one they want to keep.

It is hard to believe they would give up on McGee.

• Admin

It is hard to believe they would give up on McGee.

Yeah they had to say that but they will get rid of Blatche. He has been a head case there and also he just signed a 6 year contract which i bet the Wiz would love to get rid of. McGee isn't going to go anywhere (unfortunate for us)