• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks mid-season report card

AHawks89

The Hawks are on pace to win 53 games at this point - this after scrapping both their offensive and defensive schemes this offseason.

The Hawks will be much harder in the playoffs now that they won't be so easy to game plan for. Teams can no longer key on one person when we are on offense or take advantage of the old switching defense.

The Hawks may not make it any further in the playoffs thos year than last but at this point I don't see them being embarassed like they were last season either.

Edited by gsuteke

Link.

I honestly don't think this teacher don't watch most of our games, or anyones in that case. Well, not enough to be able to grade and criticize teams.

""We're still trying to figure out what Larry Drew is doing differently than Mike Woodson. The lineup's the same, so is the rotation, and neither coach was/is a big fan of Teague. Drew at least brings an even temperament. ""

No lineup changes or rotation changes??

Hmmm how many games did Collins start for Woody?

and how many times did Marvin come off the bench last season?

yep, everything is the same. :P

• Like 1

• Moderators

Anyone who can't figure out what is different between this year and last year hasn't watched any significant number of games in both seasons. Not getting just the change on defense is inexcusable.

""We're still trying to figure out what Larry Drew is doing differently than Mike Woodson. The lineup's the same, so is the rotation, and neither coach was/is a big fan of Teague. Drew at least brings an even temperament. ""

No lineup changes or rotation changes??

Hmmm how many games did Collins start for Woody?

and how many times did Marvin come off the bench last season?

yep, everything is the same. :P

Oh my f***ing goodness man thankyou for saying that when i read this shitty *ss report card you can tell this man doesnt watch the hawks especially when he said the lineups and rotations are the same. An what you mean you cant see the difference from woody and LD! Hawks rank 7 in assist of a average of 20 there is iso still but no where near as heavy as last year. I hate when somebody is completely wrong it bugs the hell out of me!!!!!

The Hawks are a team that won in Utah by 23 and lost to the Pistons by 23. Their true identity swings between those extremes. They're solid some nights, soft on other nights. They didn't make any major off-season changes, besides the coach, and therefore no reason to expect the final outcome will be much different, either. They're built to win 45-50 games, not to beat the Big Four in the East in the playoffs.

-- Shaun Powell

I'm not sure how much longer I can take hearing this crap about the "BIG FOUR" ... what the F have the Bulls proven yet to make them worthy of being mentioned ahead of the Hawks team that has finished better than them for how many years in a row now? Without looking it up at least 2 but I think more than that.

• Like 1

• Admin

I'm not sure how much longer I can take hearing this crap about the "BIG FOUR" ... what the F have the Bulls proven yet to make them worthy of being mentioned ahead of the Hawks team that has finished better than them for how many years in a row now? Without looking it up at least 2 but I think more than that.

...its because the media always wants CHicago, NY and LA teams to win no matter how bad they are.

NY gets more respect then us and they are having just a decent season.

• Moderators

Did anyone watch the Eastern Conference Mid-Season Report on NBATV yesterday? Did I blink and miss any discussion of the Hawks? It seemed like they spent 10 mins on the Heat, 10 mins on the Celts, 10 mins on the Magic, 10 mins on the Bulls, 10 mins on the Knicks, and reserved the balance of time for generalities (top surprises, etc.) and Shake Weight for Men ads.

~lw3