• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

100 - 59

gsuteke

This is what happens when a jump shooting only team cant hit the outside shot and they have no inside game or point guard play.

Excactly Vol4...we all saw this type of loss coming after our shooters were all "on" against Utah and blew them out of the gym with our shooting.

I'm glad that Al Hoorford was out of this game (hope he heals up soon though) just so he could watch what this team is when he isn't in there working his *ss off blocking out and getting rebounds...and actually making 10 footers when he gets the occasional shot.

We have a bunch of prima-donnas...who exist off of our guys "as Woody would say"........"doing the dirty work".

We have a totally &^%#ed up team. Currently.

I didn't think it was possible to play that bad, it was equilavent of basketball hell in Philips tonight. When they panned thru the crowd at points in the game it looks as though some tragic event was being documented right before their eyes. In effect that is what it was come to think of it. The Hawks actually could be spotted around Mid 3rd doing this :white flag: it was reported by most fans at the game close enough to recognize it.

Edited by HawkFoLife

:white flag:

Nope. Didn't happen in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Sure, it was happening then but

the white flag came out in the 2nd quarter. The second unit was slightly behind and

the starters came back, supposedly to set things right. Yeah. You bet. They closed

the half, down by 15.

:white flag:

It was already out and waving. Hawks hit 2 three point shots before halftime and hit

2 in the second half, the last one with less than one minute remaining. This shot prevented

this from being the lowest scoring Hawks game - - ever. This one was the lowest Atlanta

Hawk score.

CP3, who begged Atlanta to draft him, personally saw to it (Again) that his team was victorious

against the Hawks. We have very few wins over him since he has been in the NBA.

And, the Hawks still are looking for that great PG. Oh, well. Enough history.

:brick wall:

Short memory? Gee, I hope so. Tonight we visit our old rivals in Charlotte. Turn this

disaster around. Don't blame it on the Hawks being a jumpshooting team and missing

jumpshots. They did but, they missed layups. They missed rebounds. They missed 3's.

In fact, it's hard to remember anything that they didn't miss. And, don't forget. They didn't

get to the free throw line enough to matter. Anything that could go wrong did. Not just one

time, but continually from the middle of the 2nd quarter foreward.

:ill:

• Like 1

We're Hawks Fans. Ha! What lovable suckers we are. Las Vegas officially took us completely off the odds chart to win the NBA Finals. Hurry back Marvin!

Seriously though, my stomach hurt after that one. These type of losses fall squarely on the coach. All we can do is hope we never see anything like this again, at home or in front of a respectable crowd. These type of losses have happened to teams better than we are. Suck it up and move on. What else can they do.

Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I hope this speaks t the Hawks front office our need to get some real rebounding/low post scoring off then bench. There's only a short time before the trade deadline, there are still some good small moves that we can make.

Moreover, I hope this speaks to LD about how he uses Smoove (or allows Smoove to play).

Its says alot about this franchise when they think Josh Smith is so good that he can do whatever he wants to out there. The other shoe has dropped with him shooting jumpshots. We need a post player. We need to improve our defense overall. They have got to realize the either he or Jamal is our most valuable trade piece. This team will not fall apart if Josh is moved. He is involving into a perimeter only player. We need to move him before its too late.

• Like 1

I hope this speaks t the Hawks front office our need to get some real rebounding/low post scoring off then bench. There's only a short time before the trade deadline, there are still some good small moves that we can make.

Moreover, I hope this speaks to LD about how he uses Smoove (or allows Smoove to play).

I've kind of defended the ASG a little since people aren't buying tickets to pay the players but at this point I just don't have any faith in the Hawks management anymore.

They'll continue to put bandaids where turniquets are required.

I wanted to bash LD a little for this defeat but truly there's not much he can't do with this roster other than risking his head coach career by betting on young guards who, while talented, commit lots of turnovers and doesn't shoot too well.

Everyone is talking about Smoove but what about JJ, a supposed leader and de facto playmaker. That was kind of game I'd expect him to stand up and put 25+ points even on low percentage as Rose did a couple days ago vs Dallas.

I wanted to bash LD a little for this defeat but truly there's not much he can't do with this roster other than risking his head coach career by betting on young guards who, while talented, commit lots of turnovers and doesn't shoot too well.

Everyone is talking about Smoove but what about JJ, a supposed leader and de facto playmaker. That was kind of game I'd expect him to stand up and put 25+ points even on low percentage as Rose did a couple days ago vs Dallas.

True on all of that. And ideally your guy being paid max money will step up in that type of situation, but it was just a lousy night all around, so that's one of those type games you're better off just to forget (or more hopefully take all that frustration out on Charlotte tonight), because it's pointless to dwell on an arse-stomping of that magnitude.