• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks looking for PG?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I believe (and no proof just "gut") that the Hawks are looking for a PG. NBASuperstar40 has stated that the Hawks may have interest in Steve Nash. I've read where Sund says the Hawks will not move players just to make a move and they are not looking for young talent. I have read that the Hawks Head Coach worked a lot with Teague last year and this year brought in former Laker to try and coach Teague and it has not worked. I have posted on here that I believe Teague should be playing because everytime he plays he is productive.

So, where are we at in all of this? Are the Hawks gonna keep Crawford or are they gonna pull the trigger on a major deal involving Nash? Will they go into the luxury tax to get Nash or another top point guard like Devin Harris? Or will they give up on Teague and bring in a veteran like TJ Ford, or maybe Mo Williams?

Like I said my gut says they are looking, but the question is where do they go from here?

It will be interesting between now and February 24. My hope is that the Hawks actually make a trade to improve the team, but I wont get my hopes up if everything is based on history with this ownership group.

Your Thoughts?

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/71360/20110126/orlando_waives_jason_williams/

I think J-dub would be an awesome pickup for us until Teague proves he can hang. Not only would he be an awesome pickup for us because we are desperately in need of pg help, but he is an x Magic and he might know some of their secret plays..lol...or their likes and dislikes...plus he might want revenge on them for waiving him. Comon Sund do it ...please...thoughts squawkers?

Williams really doesn't solve the fundamental problem of the Hawks: poor defense at the PG.

Not a whole lot of options do. I'd be for it simply because he played with the Heat and he'd add a lot to the second team offense.

He would be better then nothing.

but

Like another poster said....Jason Williams doesn't fill the need which is perimeter defense vs. PGs. That is why the Magic brought in Duhon to upgrade. I hope there is a better upgrade for us that pops up before the trade deadline.

• Moderators

Andre Miller is on the block. I'd rather have him. The TE plus Teague, Mo and Josh Powell may get him.

The TE can't be combined with other players. It can only be used on a player of equal or lesser value.