• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am tired of Josh Smith's shot selection

capstone21

• Admin

Man the dude just doesn't get it.

His shooting has REGRESSED majorly as the season has progressed.

All that he learned last year is just out the door.

Smith when he takes it to the hoop or posts does well. I just don't understand these constant jump shot and 3 pointers.

He shot .300 again tonight.

Time to wake up and get a clue with what you are doing.

Josh single handedly lost that game for us with his braindead play in the 4th qtr. Drew needs to get a tighter leash on Smith before this stuff carries over into the playoffs. Watch Al in the 4th and compare to Josh. Al plays smart and Josh has his head up his @ss. Dude will NEVER change.

• Premium Member

blame that new coach some keep bragging on. Woody no goody my a**. At least Woody had his players under control.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Trade Smoove/Crawford for Melo/Nene and call it day. Only thing we would lose is blocking ability but we would have 2 top 20 players in the NBA on our team along with Horford. Get it done Sund!

Mello isn't stupid enough to want to play here. Hell, the owners have to overpay all of this teams sorry players just to get them to stay.

• Premium Member

I find it amazing that we have one big who has very good shot selection in Horford and a guy in Smoove who has completely regressed back to a jumpshooting big that is totally indifferent to low post play and driving to the basket.

I'll join in on the josh bashing somewhat, drew has to take out of the game when he settles like that. He seemed to get frustrated with lack of foul calls but has to make the refs call it on the next possession. But the hawks lost this because of perimeter defense.

Maggete, Boykin, and Delfino went for 57 points with 8 threes.

• Like 1

Trade Smoove/Crawford for Melo/Nene and call it day. Only thing we would lose is blocking ability but we would have 2 top 20 players in the NBA on our team along with Horford. Get it done Sund!

Why not go for Kobe and throw in Gasol ? Rose and Noah ? Dwill and Milsap ? Durant and Westbrook ?

Why would they give us Nene ? :cant believe: :help wanted3:

• Premium Member

Josh single handedly lost that game for us with his braindead play in the 4th qtr. Drew needs to get a tighter leash on Smith before this stuff carries over into the playoffs. Watch Al in the 4th and compare to Josh. Al plays smart and Josh has his head up his @ss. Dude will NEVER change.

This is how I feel lately. I mean, with the proof that Horf can play PF if we had a good big, Josh becomes available to trade for a good big. I love the fact that he's from Atlanta. I love the fact that he has heart. I love the fact that from time to time, he will block a shot... BUT his shot selection is detrimental to the team.

Right now: Smoove and Powell for Nash/Lopez has some good qualities.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You just make up history as you go, huh?

No! I'm not jumping on the "Josh is an idiot" bandwagon this time. Woody won the fight against Josh's horrible shot selection. How many horrible shots did he take last year? LD playing the role as best friend has allowed the old josh to return. The coach has zero control over Josh and the rest of this team. Too many jumpers and ill-advised shots from every guy on the floor.

Also let's not ignore the real reason the Hawks lost...Fast PGs! Wasn't our new genius HC suppose to fix that with the development of young Teague?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

Smoove was terrible. Especially in the 4th but he didn't single-handedly lose the game. Bibby had a huge role in that as Boykins just abused him. I'm here to say that I'm a big fan of LD and Smoove and Bibby are two of my favorite players but those 3 absolutely blew it. Although I don't blame Bibby so much. He can't keep up with Boykins which is why Teague should have been in the game. Was he going to make more mistakes than Bibby did? I doubt it.

• Premium Member

I'll join in on the josh bashing somewhat, drew has to take out of the game when he settles like that. He seemed to get frustrated with lack of foul calls but has to make the refs call it on the next possession. But the hawks lost this because of perimeter defense.

Maggete, Boykin, and Delfino went for 57 points with 8 threes.

This is the most reasonable post in this thread.

• Premium Member

I agree that Josh Smith lost this game and Drew had to be cringing inside. Those plays in the 4th quarter were totally unacceptable. He is arrogant and has the worst bb iq I've seen in years.

On the positive he has crazy athletic ability and if we trade him the defense would suffer a little.

I would also agree that Woody had more control of him, AND his teammates should hold him responsible and get on his *ss. Can you imagine in the last timeout huddle after he launched that stupid three what Kobe Bryant would have done? He would have tore Josh a new one. Jpe Johnson should have been in his face!

We need a PG on this team that is a general. The pass on the three, Crawford should have never passed it to Josh. Joe Johnson, Craw, or Bibbs should have taken that shot. Bibbs also got lit up last night, he cant guard a damn fire hydrant.

Ok, my rant for the day! :help wanted3:

Edited by Vol4ever