• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Start of the 4th Quarter

Brokentree

Powell shouldn't be allowed to play. Honestly, I wish Teague would just tart getting more burn. Maybe it costs the team some games...but I say let him loose.

Teague

Crawford

Evans

Powell

Pachulia

Thats our line up against Dirk and company.

So our 1 point lead is gone.

Why does this ever happen?

We may not have won the game anyway (Dallas is a darn good team and they were at home)....but LD is the guy who cocked this one up in my opinion. Sometimes you have to see a run coming...especially when you are nursing a ridiculously weak lineup.

We basically worked hard all night and lost the game in about 3 minutes. :angry22:

• Premium Member

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/4th-quarter-points-per-game

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/opponent-4th-quarter-points-per-game

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/average-4th-quarter-margin

We average about 23 pts per game in the 4th. Opponents average about 24 pts. Both of those numbers place us in the lower third of the league.

Our net 4th Q margin of -1.4 makes us 28th out of 30.

Glad you asked, High5.

Edited by sturt
  • Like 1

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/4th-quarter-points-per-game

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/opponent-4th-quarter-points-per-game

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/average-4th-quarter-margin

We average about 23 pts per game in the 4th. Opponents average about 24 pts. Both of those numbers place us in the lower third of the league.

Our net 4th Q margin of -1.4 makes us 28th out of 30.

Glad you asked, High5.

Yikes. Usually the numbers aren't quite as bad as I imagine them to be, but unfortunately the Hawks really are a dreadful 4th quarter team.

Thanks for the links, though. I never know where the interesting stats come from.

Yikes. Usually the numbers aren't quite as bad as I imagine them to be, but unfortunately the Hawks really are a dreadful 4th quarter team.

Thanks for the links, though. I never know where the interesting stats come from.

Agreed High5 about the stats not being as bad as you/we thought...and thanks for the numbers sturt.

IMO we tend to go with the LD preached actual ball movement offense more in the first half. We tend to fall off that as the game goes on and guys get more selfish.

I have tried to get Al Horford's scoring by quarter numbers but I don't think they are available....I would bet a buck-fifty that they go down in the 4th quarter as a general trend.

Edited by DJlaysitup

4th quarter blues. Constantly, we get outscored in the 4th. Especially the good teams.

Our weaker sister teams, it doesn't happen so the numbers don't really reflect how we

play against the better ones.

And, sometimes it happens late in the 3rd quarter. Late in the game, our game goes south.

Last night, our opponent was just too hot to handle. Strangely enough, this didn't happen

until the 4th. Every time we made a move, they came right back, hiting critical baskets. Before

the 4th we played them even.

This is not a coach's problem ore one player's problem. This has been going on for a long,

long time. Hawks would fix it if they knew how.

:shake_puter:

Jamal hasn't really taken ownership of the bench mob over the past couple games, he knows he has to guide it but it seems to me like he can't get a decent shot off lately unless the starters are in drawing attention. All blame should fall on Zaza and Drew though for last night. Our resident pugilist squandered 6 straight possession on either side of the court over 3 minutes at the start of the 4th and Drew just watched. He took a time out to sub in Smoove yet left Zaza in only to watch him screw up again before it dawned on him that his team would be forced to attempt a comeback on a B2B on the road thanks to his lack of sense.

I hear you all but what Drew should do? It's not like he someone else to sub in. It was b2b game and he can't have starters all the time on the court.

The only problem I have with him when it comes to substitutions is not giving Teague consitent minutes. He's not good enough on D? C'mon, Bibby or Jamal is? Develop him and eventually dump if he, given real opportunity, doesn't produce.

The other thing though is not going enough with Horford at offensive end. Guy's shooting 57% from the field, you gotta make him go to guy.

I hear you all but what Drew should do? It's not like he someone else to sub in. It was b2b game and he can't have starters all the time on the court.

The only problem I have with him when it comes to substitutions is not giving Teague consitent minutes. He's not good enough on D? C'mon, Bibby or Jamal is? Develop him and eventually dump if he, given real opportunity, doesn't produce.

The other thing though is not going enough with Horford at offensive end. Guy's shooting 57% from the field, you gotta make him go to guy.

I don't think Al should be our go to guy yet. He's still not good enough at creating is own shot. He should be the second offensive option of the team.He's the fourth now...

Yep that's what I'm saying about what should LD do in that situation when he's got bench players who aren't worth a damn? The Mavs have a significantly better bench than we do and we have to rest our starters at some point, especially on the 2nd night of a back to back and even moreso when 2 starters are in foul trouble and another is on suspension.

• Premium Member

This doesn't apply to this game necessarily but what I notice in the 4th quarter with LD and Woodson is they like to have shooters in the game at crunch time as oppose to defenders. A better example was in NY when during crunch time, LD had Bibby and Crawford in at the same time with an 18 point lead. Within 3 minutes, the lead was cut to 8 and LD was forced to bring Marvin back into the game for Defense. The bleeding finally stop but the mentality probably won't change. My guess is if LD is faced with the same situation i.e. a 4th quarter lead to protect, his strategy would be the same which is eerily similar to what we saw from Woodson last year. I like Jamaal when he is fulfilling his designated role on this team as a catalyst off the bench against the other team's second team but Jamaal is not a crunch time player. His shot selection and decision is not good enough. Marvin may not be the offensive threat shooting the ball that Jamaal is but he certainly takes better shots and is a better decision maker...Lord knows Marvin is better defender which makes him the better choice during crunch time when the game is on the line.