• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks on Front Page of NBA.com

CODHAWKSFAN

Well at least the former beat writer for the Hawks had Smoove in there for his final selection ... and if I had the vote I'd select him over JJ based on their first half of the season performance. Horford absolutely gets in there ahead of them both though IMO.

Well at least the former beat writer for the Hawks had Smoove in there for his final selection ... and if I had the vote I'd select him over JJ based on their first half of the season performance. Horford absolutely gets in there ahead of them both though IMO.

Yeah I think I would pick Smooth too. If I had to choose two though it would be Josh, and Joe. Nothing against Al (he is great for us) but Joe has been a beast lately and Josh deserves a "bone" this year, and has been a beast for us as well, except for half of January.

Enlighten me on what I am failing to comprehend?

I don't know, it just seems to me like Team Smoovey feel as if their boy is under siege so they are quick to point out any singular amount of praise for him even if its amongst a sea of disagreement. There's been a lot of selective viewing/reading going on tonight.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't know, it just seems to me like Team Smoovey feel as if their boy is under siege so they are quick to point out any singular amount of praise for him even if its amongst a sea of disagreement. There's been a lot of selective viewing/reading going on tonight.

Also, that singular amount of praise came from Sekou. Take that for what you will.

I would be beyond shocked if the coaches ended up picking Smoove for the team. He earned it last year, but the All-Star Game isn't like the Oscars where they "make up" for past snubs by making an undeserved selection.

LOL...ok Mr. Crawsome. First did you read the title of the thread? It said HAWKS on front page of nba.com, not Josh Smith. I am just glad that the HAWKS are being mentioned in a positive light instead of the usual negatives that get thrown around. The Josh Smith comment was just a side note because I PERSONALLY agree.

Jeez you are right, there is a lot of selective reading/viewing going on. :magnifier:

Who failed to comprehend this time? :smile:

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

Also, that singular amount of praise came from Sekou. Take that for what you will.

I would be beyond shocked if the coaches ended up picking Smoove for the team. He earned it last year, but the All-Star Game isn't like the Oscars where they "make up" for past snubs by making an undeserved selection.

I can agree with this, but only if you are referring to January. In the beginning of the season, the kid did everything, including making his jumpers. Will he get back to that, who knows.

• Like 1

Yeah I think I would pick Smooth too. If I had to choose two though it would be Josh, and Joe. Nothing against Al (he is great for us) but Joe has been a beast lately and Josh deserves a "bone" this year, and has been a beast for us as well, except for half of January.

The all-star selection should be based on the entire body of work and nobody has been better on our team than Hordord. Take your pick between JJ and Smoove but no way will either go before Al this year.

Last year shoulda been Josh no doubt but he's not having as good of a season this year.

Here's your what if question of this thread.

If Josh, Joe, Al we dropped into the Jerry Sloan coached Utah Jazz 15 years ago to be paired with John Stockton and Greg Ostertag, would Joe Johnson still be the MVP of this team.

I would venture to say that if Jerry Sloan were running the show and a solid pick and roll point was the floor general, Al and Josh would both be averaging 20+ and Joe would be averaging 15 points a game much like he was in Phoenix. Offensive stats are inflated/deflated based on philosophy and personnel.

But what can't be disputed is the impact the 3 of them make on the defensive end of the floor. Al is only a truly solid, great defender at the 4 but does a very good job when asked to step out. Joe is very good against shooters, not the best against small, fast guards and not at all good in help/break defense. Josh is the only one of the 3 that can guard well in all 3 roles and is the only one other teams plan their offensive game plan around.

I think Sekou was thinking more of Josh the all around player, instead of Josh the offensive player. All around, I believe Josh is more valuable to this team than either but if we are talking properly coached, with the right personnel and positioned...it would be Al. If we are talking points scored and ability to get your own shot than of course a guard wins.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

LOL...ok Mr. Crawsome. First did you read the title of the thread? It said HAWKS on front page of nba.com, not Josh Smith. I am just glad that the HAWKS are being mentioned in a positive light instead of the usual negatives that get thrown around. The Josh Smith comment was just a side note because I PERSONALLY agree.

Jeez you are right, there is a lot of selective reading/viewing going on. :magnifier:

Who failed to comprehend this time? :smile:

No I didn't fail at anything. I saw a thread title saying Hawks on Front page of NBA.com then I saw the OP post a link to an All Star discussion yet only mentioned the singular Hawk that one guy brought up with no mention of the other two that the rest of the panel came to a consensus on and added the extra "the stats don't lie" as sort of a justification. What are these stats and who exactly was it that gave Josh his vote? Far as I can tell the whole cast at TNT, Simmons at ESPN, and most of the NBATV/.com talking heads have been listing Al and Joe as their reserve picks for weeks but the moment one guy mentions Josh it gets it's own thread. Coincidence much? It's alright though, I enjoy Smoove prancers.

Oh no, the fact that it was Sekou did not go unnoticed by me. Given his history with the team it's not surprising that he's sticking up for his namesake.

I also agree with your second part, Josh has regressed from his All Star play and part of what got him so much pub last season (the media's belief that because he gave up the 3 ball that he gave up jumpshooting altogether) is no longer the case this season....At all. I haven't seen the same fervor from analysts over him this season as I saw last season either. Maybe Hollinger is still boosting him, I don't know, I haven't checked up on his picks yet but then again you also have to consider that he would pick anyone that is not named Joe Johnson.

No I didn't fail at anything. I saw a thread title saying Hawks on Front page of NBA.com then I saw the OP post a link to an All Star discussion yet only mentioned the singular Hawk that one guy brought up with no mention of the other two that the rest of the panel came to a consensus on and added the extra "the stats don't lie" as sort of a justification. What are these stats and who exactly was it that gave Josh his vote? Far as I can tell the whole cast at TNT, Simmons at ESPN, and most of the NBATV/.com talking heads have been listing Al and Joe as their reserve picks for weeks but the moment one guy mentions Josh it gets it's own thread. Coincidence much? It's alright though, I enjoy Smoove prancers.

Ok I am going to address YOU for the last time on this subject then I am done.

Wow, you obviously don't like Josh, lol. News Flash: He is a Hawk he currently plays for the team that you "roote" for unless something changes b4 the deadline you are going to have to see him for another year. What, do you scan Hawksquawk to see if anyone mentions Josh so you can call them a fail or comprehension fail? And based on your profile picture you are obviously a "Jamal Crawford Prancer" but no one is going to call you out on that.

Now I am not a fan of Mo or Marvins play (not very productive on the court) but I am not going to troll every person who mentions their name, those guys are Hawks and I still have some love for them.

Everyone knows Al and Joe deserve to go. Again, Josh was a side note to this topic because I PERSONALLY think he deserves to go as well, is there something wrong with that??? Get a grip buddy just because you hate doesn't mean that I have to. To answer your question, yes it was a coincidence the last time I visited NBA.com was during Christmas time, so you failed again.

Ok that is enough, I am not going to mention "the guys name that we shouldn't ever speak of" to you, because it obviously makes you :angry22: every time you see his name. See you in another thread.

The rest of us can continue to discuss and have a civilized conversation.

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN
  • Like 1

Joe better but Smoove has had a better year. Horford is a lock then Smoove. Joe will get in because of position. But it's between Joe and Josh.

The all-star selection should be based on the entire body of work and nobody has been better on our team than Hordord. Take your pick between JJ and Smoove but no way will either go before Al this year.

Last year shoulda been Josh no doubt but he's not having as good of a season this year.

Cant argue with that if you are only talking about January! :conversation:

If Josh, Joe, Al we dropped into the Jerry Sloan coached Utah Jazz 15 years ago to be paired with John Stockton and Greg Ostertag, would Joe Johnson still be the MVP of this team.

I would venture to say that if Jerry Sloan were running the show and a solid pick and roll point was the floor general, Al and Josh would both be averaging 20+ and Joe would be averaging 15 points a game much like he was in Phoenix. Offensive stats are inflated/deflated based on philosophy and personnel.

But what can't be disputed is the impact the 3 of them make on the defensive end of the floor. Al is only a truly solid, great defender at the 4 but does a very good job when asked to step out. Joe is very good against shooters, not the best against small, fast guards and not at all good in help/break defense. Josh is the only one of the 3 that can guard well in all 3 roles and is the only one other teams plan their offensive game plan around.

I think Sekou was thinking more of Josh the all around player, instead of Josh the offensive player. All around, I believe Josh is more valuable to this team than either but if we are talking properly coached, with the right personnel and positioned...it would be Al. If we are talking points scored and ability to get your own shot than of course a guard wins.

^^^^^ Preach

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

It's truly sad that only two people here plus 1 you on this topic. Great post and I 100% agree.

Ok I am going to address YOU for the last time on this subject then I am done.

Wow, you obviously don't like Josh, lol. News Flash: He is a Hawk he currently plays for the team that you "roote" for unless something changes b4 the deadline you are going to have to see him for another year. What, do you scan Hawksquawk to see if anyone mentions Josh so you can call them a fail or comprehension fail? And based on your profile picture you are a "Jamal Crawford Prancer" but no one is going to call you out on that.

Now I am not a fan of Mo or Marvins play (not very productive on the court) but I am not going to troll every person who mentions their name, those guys are Hawks and I still have some love for them.

Everyone knows Al and Joe deserve to go. Again, Josh was a side note to this topic because I PERSONALLY think he deserves to go as well, is there something wrong with that??? Get a grip buddy just because you hate doesn't mean that I have to. To answer your question, yes it was a coincidence the last time I visited NBA.com was during Christmas time, so you failed again.

Ok that is enough, I am not going to mention "the guys name that we shouldn't ever speak of" to you, because it obviously makes you :angry22: every time you see his name. See you in another thread.

The rest of us can continue to discuss and have a civilized conversation.

You're right on with this response. I don't know what it is with these hawksqauwkers getting mad when you give Josh Smith credit. I really don't get it. Like I said in another thread, Josh can bring so much to the table in different ways than anyone else on the team can, and vice versa with Al. It's funny opening up threads and seeing the SAME posters bashing the SAME players -- no matter what. The hatred is really obvious, but when you call them out, they rage. For an example: Josh goes 3-11 in FG's, but has a huge impact on defnse - posters want to pull out the negative things about Josh. Al at the same time went 2-10, but it's not his fault nor no negative comments are said about him. Like I said, the hatred is pretty obvious. If you have something negative to say, just don't say it. No, I'm not saying venting is bad because thats what we are here for, but 'venting" hatred towards a player every single day by the same posters for no legit reason, or pulling out the smallest issue of the player, just to bash him is out of control in my opinion. It makes the forums not as fun to read. Venting and trolling are completely different. And with that said, stop the trolling! :helpsmilie:

O well, well-said response. I totally agree with your response. Why do people have the urge to troll?

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 2

You're right on with this response. I don't know what it is with these hawksqauwkers getting mad when you give Josh Smith credit. I really don't get it. Like I said in another thread, Josh can bring so much to the table in different ways than anyone else on the team can, and vice versa with Al. It's funny opening up threads and seeing the SAME posters bashing the SAME players -- no matter what. The hatred is really obvious, but when you call them out, they rage. For an example: Josh goes 3-11 in FG's, but has a huge impact on defnse - posters want to pull out the negative things about Josh. Al at the same time went 2-10, but it's not his fault nor no negative comments are said about him. Like I said, the hatred is pretty tobvious. If you have something negative to say, just don't say it. No, I'm not saying venting is bad because thats what we are here for, but 'venting" hatred towards a player every single day by the same posters for no legit reason, or pulling out he smallest issue of the player, just to bash him is out of control in my opinion. It makes the forums not as fun to read. Venting and trolling are completely different. And with that said, stop the trolling! :helpsmilie:

O well, well-said response. I totally agree with your response. Why do people have the urge to troll?

It got to a point when I see a thread about Josh Smith I don't even click it cause it's mostly filled with hatred.