• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anyone wanna question Al's toughness now?

niremetal

I'm just praying that he's going to be okay but man he is one tough MF'r!! If memory serves correctly when Marvin was fouled like that earlier in the year he took his FT's and then came out of the game and was out for what 8 games or something like that?? Hopefully it's just a bruise and there won't be any long term damage to Al.

• Admin

I'm just praying that he's going to be okay but man he is one tough MF'r!! If memory serves correctly when Marvin was fouled like that earlier in the year he took his FT's and then came out of the game and was out for what 8 games or something like that?? Hopefully it's just a bruise and there won't be any long term damage to Al.

I have a feeling he will probably be out vs Wash tomorrow. That was a bad fall...the refs made the right call...it was totally a flagrant foul. Hopefully he is not hurt too bad.

To question Al's toughness or singular leadership of this team is quite errant. Not surprised at all by his play when the pressure is at its height. Just the Boss being the Boss. Nothing special, although I do not envy the way he's gonna feel in the morning. I wouldn't mind a couple missed games knowing he Deboed one for us.

• Like 2

Just got home and watched that last play and holy cow did Al go down hard flat on his lower back. That is the kind of play that usually causes serious injury even paralysis. How he was able to get up and shake it off and make those free throws is beyond me. That was like a movie. I hope Al is Ok. He will have one big bruise tomorrow morning thats for sure. Wow. Just wow.

Just got home and watched that last play and holy cow did Al go down hard flat on his lower back. That is the kind of play that usually causes serious injury even paralysis. How he was able to get up and shake it off and make those free throws is beyond me. That was like a movie. I hope Al is Ok. He will have one big bruise tomorrow morning thats for sure. Wow. Just wow.

AL said in the locker room interview (when Jerome asked him about making the FTs) that his main concern was just being able to get back on his feet. He said his legs felt weak for a short time)...he said once he was up he felt like he could do the FTs. I'm certainly no Doctor - but it sounds like a kind of tailbone stinger. Probably a shock to the spinal cord.

He may have been just talking tough - but he seemed like he at least felt that he'd be OK to go tomorrow night.

• Premium Member

AL said in the locker room interview (when Jerome asked him about making the FTs) that his main concern was just being able to get back on his feet. He said his legs felt weak for a short time)...he said once he was up he felt like he could do the FTs. I'm certainly no Doctor - but it sounds like a kind of tailbone stinger. Probably a shock to the spinal cord.

He may have been just talking tough - but he seemed like he at least felt that he'd be OK to go tomorrow night.

The human body is a complicated thing, and back injuries are especially vexing. A guy can come down hard as anything and pop right back up with zero ill effect if he lands at the right spot. But change the angle of his fall one degree or the impact point by one inch, and it could be a career-ending or even paralyzing injury. Clearly Al wasn't at either one of those extremes. Hopefully his fall was closer to the former than the latter.

Edited by niremetal

The human body is a complicated thing, and back injuries are especially galling. A guy can come down hard as anything and pop right back up with zero ill effect if he lands at the right spot. But change the angle of his fall one degree or the impact point by one inch, and it could be a career-ending or even paralyzing injury. Clearly Al wasn't at either one of those extremes. Hopefully his fall was closer to the former than the latter.

Well if you have to have a problem with your spinal cord - that's the best end of it to have it on. :biggrin: