• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anyone wanna question Al's toughness now?

niremetal

• Premium Member

Well if you have to have a problem with your spinal cord - that's the best end of it to have it on. :biggrin:

True. That gives me an opportunity to bring up Esther Vergeer, which I've been looking for an opportunity to do for awhile:

http://tennis.fanhouse.com/2010/09/12/esther-vergeers-dominance-transcends-her-wheelchair/

Well if you have to have a problem with your spinal cord - that's the best end of it to have it on. :biggrin:

This is the only sensical remark posted yet. Nobody gets paralyzed from falling on his lower back unless it's an old lady with brittle vertebrae. Can you have permanent pain/paresthesias from root compression, etc? sure, but not paralysis. Whatev. Everyone likes to play doctor and adamantly state factoids they pulled out of their butt. I hear it all the time.

• Premium Member

This is the only sensical remark posted yet. Nobody gets paralyzed from falling on his lower back unless it's an old lady with brittle vertebrae. Can you have permanent pain/paresthesias from root compression, etc? sure, but not paralysis. Whatev. Everyone likes to play doctor and adamantly state factoids they pulled out of their butt. I hear it all the time.

I said "back." The "lower" limitation was added by you.

Edited by niremetal

I said "back." The "lower" limitation was added by you.

How narcissistic to think I was talking about you, and how lazy not to search and see who said a lower back impact can cause paralysis (hint: wasn't you). But then, who cares about getting it right. Let's just get our pride good and hurt and lash out, eh? But regardless, I suppose your statement in its own right was backed by a bevy of statistical support. Back injuries of all types routinely cause paralysis, right? Especially those sustained on a basketball court? Talking out our bums, huh?

To question Al's toughness or singular leadership of this team is quite errant. Not surprised at all by his play when the pressure is at its height. Just the Boss being the Boss. Nothing special, although I do not envy the way he's gonna feel in the morning. I wouldn't mind a couple missed games knowing he Deboed one for us.

Sorry, i didn't mean to give you a -1

it was just an iPhone scrolling accident. :/

LD got some cojones himself with two of his play calls down the stretch, the Smoove lob and the Joe decoy. How often would we of seen iso fadeaway jumper instead?

I honestly don't think Al driving was the drawn up play. I didn't see the post-game or any comments from the team, so I may be wrong, but if you watch the replays, Jordan was trying to cheat on JJ for help defense and Al saw the opportunity to drive the lane untouched. Heads up play if it wasn't drawn up. Great sell on the hand-off to JJ if it was drawn up. Either way, absolutely amazing win. Hope Al's ok.

I honestly don't think Al driving was the drawn up play. I didn't see the post-game or any comments from the team, so I may be wrong, but if you watch the replays, Jordan was trying to cheat on JJ for help defense and Al saw the opportunity to drive the lane untouched. Heads up play if it wasn't drawn up. Great sell on the hand-off to JJ if it was drawn up. Either way, absolutely amazing win. Hope Al's ok.

The thing is that we've gone to that play twice before in an end game situation. Can't remember who exactly but one was the game where Al missed the free throws at the end to tie. That's probably why he went so hard at the basket, he didn't really want to have to take a chance at the line.

• Premium Member

How narcissistic to think I was talking about you, and how lazy not to search and see who said a lower back impact can cause paralysis (hint: wasn't you). But then, who cares about getting it right. Let's just get our pride good and hurt and lash out, eh? But regardless, I suppose your statement in its own right was backed by a bevy of statistical support. Back injuries of all types routinely cause paralysis, right? Especially those sustained on a basketball court? Talking out our bums, huh?

So you call me lazy, accuse me of talking out of my rear...and accuse ME of being narcissistic? Ok.

In any case, when did I say routinely? I explicitly used it as an example of the extreme worst case scenario. Or did you not realize that because were you "lazy" and failed to read my own post? :rolleyes:

No need for personal attacks. A simple "I wasn't talking to you" would have sufficed.

Edited by niremetal

It WAS the play and Drew even said so in the post game interview. Also, if you watch the replay of the game, when they break the huddle, Drew yells at Al and says "Hey Al....draw the foul!! " He says it very loud and clearly.

Sorry, i didn't mean to give you a -1

it was just an iPhone scrolling accident. :/

Have you tried the Invision Power Board app for the iPhone? Makes browsing the site A LOT easier and a lot quicker, although it does remove some functionality like rep'ing a post.

• Premium Member

That was obviously a good call, though I do believe Griffin didn't intentionally go out and try to hurt Al. The game was on the line and he knew he was going to need to go up hard to prevent Horford from winning the game, unfortunately for Griffin the foul just ended up being a bit excessive.

Did anyone think that Griffin should be careful with this since he - probably more than anyone in the NBA - is at risk for getting hurt if someone fouled him like that?

Yep. The irony of that did not escape me. He also fouled Marvin very hard in the final minutes there, not so hard as he fouled Horf, but hard enough still to send Marvin to the floor. I don't believe Griffin is a dirty player, but as someone in this thread noted, he does seem to play out of control at times, and he needs to watch that. He's a Clipper, which means he's already got one big strike against him so far as the possibility of having something really bad happen to him- and then with the hard fouls, it's kind of like he's really flirting with disaster, cause if what comes around goes around, then he's liable to be bumming.

• Premium Member

Did anyone think that Griffin should be careful with this since he - probably more than anyone in the NBA - is at risk for getting hurt if someone fouled him like that?

I think I read somewhere that he has been starting to get his fair share of cheap shots. The way the dude is flying around out there with reckless abandon and with highlights on his mind he is definitely a high injury risk.