• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My Question: Did the ball go off Joe's leg?

capstone21

Should there have been a jump ball at the end of the game? It seemed to me that the ball went off JJ's leg and the Clippers should have been rewarded the ball.

We got very lucky tonight

VERY good point cap. Bob and Nique seemed to think it did (go off JJ after the block). Most of us in the chatroom were thinking that we had to foul immediately and then have a chance at a three to go to OT. Bob even laid out that scenario while the refs were looking at the video.

I watched the play on TV and the replay and it looked like it went off JJ - but the angle was such that it must have been impossible to be sure. No way to tell if the ball grazed the Clips player after it obviously went off JJ. Of course everybody was pointing in the direction that best suited their own purposes :rolleyes: .

It was an odd call - but I think the refs did their best. We probably caught a break....but in the NFL venacular...it was "inconclusive".

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Honestly I don't know how anyone could tell by what was shown on the replays. It seemed like the ball hit Joe's leg but Randy Foye was standing literally next to him and it could have touched him on the ricochet. The jump ball was the absolute correct call in the circumstance.