• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Add CrowdWave Game System to Game Day Entertainment Lineup

pimp

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/2/prweb8111393.htm

The NBA’s Atlanta Hawks, NHL’s Atlanta Thrashers and Philips Arena announced today that they have signed an agreement to bring CrowdWave’s interactive game system and “Vision Interactive”™ technology to Philips Arena for the teams’ 2010-2011 seasons. CrowdWave’s proprietary branded entertainment technology will enable the Hawks and Thrashers to deliver interactive game day entertainment to their fans and provide a distinctive marketing platform to their corporate partners. The unique mass-participation interactive game platform makes it possible for fans to literally get in the game through competitive or cooperative mass play in video games shown on Phillips Arena’s center-hung scoreboard.

“Hawks and Thrashers games at Philips Arena are more than just the action on the court and ice, and CrowdWave has become one of the most popular portions of our game day experience,” said Tracy White, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, and Chief Sales Officer for the Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Thrashers. “Our fans have come to look forward to the unique interaction with each other and engagement in the game that this cutting-edge technology provides at our games.”

Philips Arena is the first venue in the region to showcase this new technology and fans in attendance experience a completely new level of interaction, controlling video game play, answering a question or making a choice simply by moving their arms.

For Mark Edwards, President of CrowdWave, the goal of the system is a fun combination of interactive game day entertainment and sports sponsorship. “Nothing compares to the experience of going to the game, of seeing it live with nineteen thousand other fans,” said Edwards. “CrowdWave builds on that unique live-event experience, getting fans in the game, working together or competing against each other, giving them another strong reason to come to the game. We can also build a sponsor’s product and message into that experience from the start, to engage fans with the brand in a way that doesn’t take away from the fun, giving the teams a premium source of sponsorship revenue.”

About CrowdWave

CrowdWave’s game system and Vision Interactive™ technology analyzes the direction, intensity and timing of a crowd’s movement, as a whole or section by section, to control on-screen events – to play a game, answer a poll or make a choice. CrowdWave turns every fan into a human controller, enabling them to work together or to compete against each other, providing professional and collegiate sports teams and their sponsors with a powerful opportunity to engage fans interactively. Integrated into the CrowdWave offering is the ability for teams to measure the audience experience from pre-event through building cleanup, a sports industry first. CrowdWave® is a division of Bent 360: MediaLab Inc., a branded entertainment technology company located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

About the Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Thrashers and Philips Arena

The Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Thrashers and Philips Arena operating rights are owned by Atlanta Spirit LLC. Individual tickets for the Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Thrashers are available for the 2010-11 regular season by calling (866) 715-1500, by visiting http://www.hawks.com or http://www.atlantathrashers.com, or by visiting the Philips Arena Box Office or any Ticketmaster Ticket Outlet. Named for founding partner Philips, Philips Arena is consistently ranked among the world’s top 10 arenas based on attendance. In April 2009, Philips Arena became the first NBA or NHL arena in the world to achieve LEED for Existing Building: Operations and Maintenance (LEED-EB: O&M) certification as specified by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). For more information on upcoming Philips Arena events, log onto http://www.philipsarena.com.

Edited by pimp

During the game Fri night they asked each section to take part in some kind of cheesey game. The jumbo tron will but an arrow up, then down, them right , then left, in no exact order. Fans are supposed to move their arms according to the arrows. I guess this new system is able to keep track of how many fans are participating from each section. The section with the most participation wins a free pizza or some random prize.

I'm sure there are other functions to it then this one example but that is all that I caught.

Edited by coachx

Hmm it sounds like an interesting idea but I'd have to see it in person to really judge it.

They have done the same game at the Ga Dome for years during Falcons games but they use the "eye ball test" to judge fan participation per section.

I think most fans would rather see that $$$ go towards the product on the floor rather then gimmicks for kids.

Edited by coachx

:newspaper: :magnifier: :cant believe: :help wanted: :white flag:

ASG just need to quit with the marketing ideas. It is clear they have terrible ideas. Whatever new things they come out with just make them look worse.

Here is my marketing idea. I heard some teams around the league invested their money in this new invention called a Point Guard. It help a team play better. When a team plays better the crowd get more excited and are willing to come to more games. Just an idea.

During the game Fri night they asked each section to take part in some kind of cheesey game. The jumbo tron will but an arrow up, then down, them right , then left, in no exact order. Fans are supposed to move their arms according to the arrows. I guess this new system is able to keep track of how many fans are participating from each section. The section with the most participation wins a free pizza or some random prize.

I'm sure there are other functions to it then this one example but that is all that I caught.

They were experimenting with this game back in November when I went to the Phoenix Suns game. Most people didn't really bother to participate in it, I know I didn't.

I've been to 3 games so far this season and they did it all three times. The crowd participation was good and I had fun doing it. When I go to games I go because I want to have a good time and I usually do...don't knock it till you've tried it.