• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

James Worthy with a Jumpshot....

Diesel

• Premium Member

"If you had to pick which guy was most likely to be a bust in the first round, it would be this guy. He has no right hand and he can't shoot."

-Jay Bilas on Josh Smith.

"The sky is the limit as far as his potential is concerned," Bilas said. "Marvin Williams is the real deal and the complete package.

"We may look back in five or six years and say that Marvin Williams was the player out of this draft."

-Jay Bilas on Marvin Williams

To me, it's obvious that Jay Bilas should be fired immediately.

Edited by Diesel

• Moderators

I watched Dermarr throw down some sick dunks in live preseason action before his rookie year at Life College. He actually did have some tools. His problem was similar to Marvin's--he wasn't that assertive. If he doesn't break his back, i think we're looking at a 15 ppg complementary SG with a strong perimeter game at best. Don't think he would've ever been an NBA all-star

Agreed. It is definitely sad to see that happen but he wasn't looking like star material to me.

On the comedy side, the fact that he called out MJ himself makes that quote golden.

• Premium Member

Actually, Rick Majerus did indeed say that Marvin was "James Worthy with a jumpshot".

I was actually going to bring this up - it wasn't a Hawks front office person who made the "Worthy with a jump shot" comparison. It was Rick Majerus. I think the worst Marvin quote from a Hawks person was Nique, if memory serves, calling him a once-in-a-decade talent.

Edited by niremetal