• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which C would be a better fit with Horford...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Dalembert or Heywood?

I believe that both are available.

Dalembert = 6'11" 250 and he's a shot blocker.

Haywood = 7'0" 263

If Dallas is going to keep chandler, they have to move Haywood. Just to show that they are serious about making Chandler their future.

Dalembert is a free agent after this season.

Haywood/Horf/Smoove = frontcourt...

vs.

Dalembert/Horf/Smoove ?

Dalembert or Heywood?

Haywood = 7'0" 263

If Dallas is going to keep chandler, they have to move Haywood. Just to show that they are serious about making Chandler their future.

vs.

Dalembert/Horf/Smoove ?

I would prefer an easier to obtain Darko Milicic which is a 3rd player that could go 3/4/5 giving greater motion flexibility. Neither of those players is motion offense friendly.

Dalembert or Heywood?

Haywood = 7'0" 263

vs.

Dalembert/Horf/Smoove ?

How come Perkins isn't on your list? Isnt he a free agent after this season?

To be honest, Horf could play next to Birdman and be okay because of his positioning and ability to defend the position. I would say Daly since he can block shots consistently. Horf don't need much man. If you got size and you can block shots, you can play next to Horf.

• Premium Member

How come Perkins isn't on your list? Isnt he a free agent after this season?

I'm talking about somebody we can get before 2-24

I would prefer an easier to obtain Darko Milicic which is a 3rd player that could go 3/4/5 giving greater motion flexibility. Neither of those players is motion offense friendly.

It's really about defense. We have the offensive chops.

Dallas doesn't HAVE to move Haywood to prove anything to Chandler. He's a good backup banger behind Chandler and that's something every team needs. Now, would they like to move him because of his price tag and how much longer he's signed for? Absolutely, but I wouldn't want the Hawks to take on his contract either.

As for Perkins, yes he's a FA after this season, but you'd be crazy to think Boston is going to let him go. Unless he gets some ludicrous offer you can bet on Boston keeping him. That said, I'd love to have Perkins in a Hawks uniform, I just don't see ANY way that dream comes true.

It's really about defense. We have the offensive chops.

Darko is going for 2.3 blocks a game in 24 minutes. Is Seven feet and mobile enough to rotate across the lane on a penetrating guard. This frees up Josh to not have to constantly play in out for help defense on the center. Better inside and outside.

• Premium Member

Darko is going for 2.3 blocks a game in 24 minutes. Is Seven feet and mobile enough to rotate across the lane on a penetrating guard. This frees up Josh to not have to constantly play in out for help defense on the center. Better inside and outside.

I actually wouldn't do this just for the sheer fact that having perhaps the two worst number two picks ever starting for us would be a new sort of embarrassment for this franchise. Besides, Darko may get blocks but his defense is very bad, and he[s also one of the worst offensive players in the NBA at any position.

I find it funny how Hawks fans are so picky about centers. Especially considering the lumps of garbage filling the position for the Hawks. All of the guys listed are much better then ZaZa, Collins, and Thomas.

No center that is traded before the deadline is going to be a perfect player but this team needs more size.

I like both Dalembert and Haywood.

• Like 1

I find it funny how Hawks fans are so picky about centers. Especially considering the lumps of garbage filling the position for the Hawks. All of the guys listed are much better then ZaZa, Collins, and Thomas.

No center that is traded before the deadline is going to be a perfect player but this team needs more size.

I like both Dalembert and Haywood.

Yup, I think either would be of help, esp if we play Orlando in R1 of the playoffs. We need something to put up against Howard so that Horford can do his thing on the offensive end.

• Moderators

Give me Dalembert and his much more reasonable contract if I am getting only one of those two players. I don't want 4-5 more years of paying Haywood more than $10M per season with this team's limited budget.

• Like 1

My only problem with Dalembert is that he cannot create his own offense, but if you get him a good PG who can get him easy baskets like what Tyson Chandler gets in Dallas then he could be very productive here next to Horford and Smith.

That does create another problem though and that is it permanently puts Smith at the SF spot and unless you have a stretch 5 that can score outside of the paint you're going to continue to see Smith taking long shots since there won't be any room in the paint, although he's had room up until this point and refuses to go in there on a consistent basis anyway so maybe it doesn't matter.

Even though he has a long term contract I'd prefer Haywood (5 years remaining after this), provided we can trade them Marvin (3 years remaining after this) in the deal, since Haywood is a big enough physical presence to bang with Howard and Perkins in the playoffs. And I think that if we made Haywood a starter we'd probably consider his contract to be pretty fair since he's only making $7 million. Of course now that Peja has signed with the Mavs they don't have such a desperate need for a SF so they might not accept a Marvin for Haywood deal so it's probably a moot point anyway.

Even though he has a long term contract I'd prefer Haywood (5 years remaining after this), provided we can trade them Marvin (3 years remaining after this) in the deal, since Haywood is a big enough physical presence to bang with Howard and Perkins in the playoffs. And I think that if we made Haywood a starter we'd probably consider his contract to be pretty fair since he's only making $7 million. Of course now that Peja has signed with the Mavs they don't have such a desperate need for a SF so they might not accept a Marvin for Haywood deal so it's probably a moot point anyway.

The last year on Haywood's contract is non guaranteed.......so the contract length difference between Marvin and Haywoods contract is only a 1 year defference in length.

A 7 footer with a 9'5'' standing reach will not be hard to pawn off down the road to a contender who does not care about luxury tax if we need too.

My only problem with Dalembert is that he cannot create his own offense, but if you get him a good PG who can get him easy baskets like what Tyson Chandler gets in Dallas then he could be very productive here next to Horford and Smith.

That does create another problem though and that is it permanently puts Smith at the SF spot and unless you have a stretch 5 that can score outside of the paint you're going to continue to see Smith taking long shots since there won't be any room in the paint, although he's had room up until this point and refuses to go in there on a consistent basis anyway so maybe it doesn't matter.

I disagree on forcing Smoove to start at SF..

I would continue to start Smith and Horford at PF/C and play either Haywood or Dalembert 20-24 mpg off the bench. Smoove and Horford both play about 36 mpg so that opens up 24 minutes off the bench for Haywood or Dalembert. ZaZa and Collins would no longer see the floor at all. I'd start Haywood or Dalembert with Smoove at SF vs. select teams just like how Drew uses the "big lineup" now vs. the the Magic, Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, etc. (Funny how 5 out of the top 6 teams in the league have legitimate size advantages vs. the Hawks.)

Give me Dalembert and his much more reasonable contract if I am getting only one of those two players. I don't want 4-5 more years of paying Haywood more than $10M per season with this team's limited budget.

Heywood will never make $10 mill a year....though he comes close in year #5

His contract has the following annual increases beginning with the current season: $6.7 mill, $7.6 mill, $8.4 mill, $9 mill, $9.8 mill. That is not to much different then Marvin's contract. Its 1 year longer and would keep a contract like Mo Evans off the roster to be replaced my minimum contract like Damien Wilkens has.

I'll take Haywood's 9'5'' standing reach in the a 7 game playoff series war.

Of course Dalembert's expiring contract is more probably for the ASG.

Edited by coachx