• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which C would be a better fit with Horford...

Diesel

The problem is those two would cost Jamal and those teams don't even need Jamal. Dallas isn't close to trading Haywood, they just want to add, not subtract. Daly is better value for Sac than Jamal is. Darko too is really good value and he's decent but not on the market for what we can offer. There are like 10 teams looking for centers. We are just one on the list of many and our offers aren't that good.

I was just like you guys about 4 months ago. Look at every options. Centers, PG's. I thought we would really have a shot at Nash or Billups. Mainly Nash from conversations. We don't since I don't think Denver is rebuilding. Not enough value was out there for Crawford. I looked at Brooks from Houston but Houston doesn't need Jamal and would and probably did ask for Josh Smith, a clear and instant no! I didn't think Mayo was on the block and thought that Jamal isn't either. I knew we weren't going to sit but we didn't have nothing of value on the table neither. Then Mayo started really playing like he's not happy (he is) and I knew he would seriously be on the market since Thabeet been on the market all season. This was a value deal since most others aren't even close. I know we are going to make many different threads with more proven players but in most cases the guys you mention are not that good to give up our talent for or just aren't up for trade for Jamal. It's a sad reality.

Look at Nene, if Melo/Bynum goes down, he's on the market. Guess what he can fetch just as a good not very good or elite but just good center. He can fetch Monta Ellis, Brooks/Martin, or Iggy. To be honest, we can't even get that for Smith and he's much better than Nene. Just unfair man, just unfair and we don't even need Ellis or Iggy. It's just Smith couldn't get us that on the market. I've never heard of someone with value as low as Smith (maybe Sheed) with talent as good as his. It seems like he pissed every GM and coach in the league off and the only ones who love him is Atlanta. Oh well... I know this post will be skipped over. You guys will go back to talking about centers we have no chance at landing or others who won't be available but it's better now to jump on nbasuperstar's bus than to catch it later. Believe in me on this one, I have a very good feeling. The same one I had when I watched Al v. Boston his rookie year in the playoffs good.

I find it funny how Hawks fans are so picky about centers. Especially considering the lumps of garbage filling the position for the Hawks. All of the guys listed are much better then ZaZa, Collins, and Thomas.

No center that is traded before the deadline is going to be a perfect player but this team needs more size.

I like both Dalembert and Haywood.

Totally agree. ANY center good enough to start would be welcomed by me. Just give me someone that can grab 7-10 boards every night and get me 8-14 pts and play solid D clogging up the lane and I'm ecstatic. Horford when moved to PF full time will average 20 ppg. Mark my words.

Now if we can only find a team to take Smoove off our hands :)

Edited by JackB1

Totally agree. ANY center good enough to start would be welcomed by me. Just give me someone that can grab 7-10 boards every night and get me 8-14 pts and play solid D clogging up the lane and I'm ecstatic. Horford when moved to PF full time will average 20 ppg. Mark my words.

Now if we can only find a team to take Smoove off our hands :)

Almost 95% of centers in the NBA can't put of those numbers. I think I would be happy they just got a center who decent with potential to be solid or a bad center with the same potential. Either way, he need someone who can become solid.