• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Knick's Amare Stoudemire disses Hawks Al Horford

JTB

• Premium Member

Sorry but I'm with Amare on this one. Horford has to learn to control his emotions. Way too much chest thumping and hoping around. Such childish behavior was OK at Florida but doing it at the pro level makes him look like a complete goober.

I disagree 110%. Guy has been nothing short of a sparkplug ever since he got here. Hell, he might have just saved the entire '08 playoffs with the same kind of sh!t. He's a winner and the LAST thing I would want is for him to succumb to our quiet, faceless, "flying under the radar", mediocre mentality. This team needs energy and attitude in the worst way. Call it childish, immature, fake...does not matter. We've needed an outspoken, take no sh!t guy, for YEARS and have been going on and on about how this team has needed an enforcer. And now that we have someone up to the task, you want him to calm down?

blink.gif

There have been *MANY* players throughout the history of the game have been known for their attitudes/antics. People love it. I do. What I don't like is the guys who do a lot of puffing but it's all show and doesn't fit their game at all. Horford is all show and I'm loving it.

• Like 3

Sorry but I'm with Amare on this one. Horford has to learn to control his emotions. Way too much chest thumping and hoping around. Such childish behavior was OK at Florida but doing it at the pro level makes him look like a complete goober.

Amare is full of it and can :*ss:

Horford isn't some childish goof, have you watched Amare at times?? The guy can be a complete douche on the court himself. If i had out boarded my opponent 15 to 4 i would be woofing too. Amare is a fake tough guy. When it's time to really bring it...Yeah, he'll score you 30 but grabs a measly 4 boards and then talks smack thru the media.

Edited by HawkFoLife

OK. We get it. You don't like Al Horford.

I totally disagree. Its was a tight game at home where the Knicks were making a comeback. Horford did what he needed to do to get the crowd and his teamates fired up to try to regain momentum and win. Emotion is great in this game if it is channled in a positive light. Its not like he pounds his chest 10 times a game like KG. Horford may do it 3 times all year.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I totally disagree. Its was a tight game at home where the Knicks were making a comeback. Horford did what ne needed to do to get the crowd and his teamates fired up to try an win. Emotion is great in this game if it is channled in a positive light. Its not like he pounds his chest 10 times a game like KG. Horford may do it 3 times all year.

Al strikes a very good balance between enthusiasm/inspiration and the negative out-of-control/douche sorts of attitude seen from people. In fact, the only time I have ever heard people complain about Al's attitude has been after he beat them - ala Paul Pierce & Amare Stoudamire. He doesn't call people cancer patients or get himself thrown out of games or anything like that. I am definitely with Al on this.

The guy who's team is 1 game over .500 and got owned last game is talking smack.

"watched Horford at Florida blah blah blah." You mean you saw him win two championships?

He's a joke. BOSS is hardly Lebron in the celebration category. Apostrophe wants to be a huge star, and he sort of is, but it's undeserved. F him

Just read this in Bret Lagree's article on the matter and it makes Amare look like even more of a douche ...

http://www.hoopinionblog.com/2011/02/stoudemire-to-horford-welcome-to-new.html

Stoudemire to Horford: "Welcome to New York"

Jonathan Abrams quoting Amar'e Stoudemire at Knicks practice on Tuesday talking about Al Horford and the January 28th meeting between the Hawks and the Knicks:

"He felt good. His team was winning. He had a couple baskets. He hit a couple jump shots. But he felt good. He felt like he was doing something. But welcome to New York."

Stoudemire's right. Horford was doing something in that game. He was grabbing 14 rebounds. He was earning six assists.

Stoudemire wasn't doing those things (He grabbed three rebounds and earned one assist.) but he was turning the ball over three times (Horford committed one turnover.), sitting out the last five minutes of the first half with three fouls, and needing nine more shots from the field and four more attempts from the line to score eight more points than Horford.

Al Horford utterly dominated Amar'e Stoudemire in that game and it's hard to believe that anyone took Stoudemire's post-game quote about Horford at face value:

"He needs to calm down. He’s not that type of player. He don’t want to see me any night, so he might as well relax and calm down."

Stoudemire wasn't talking about decorum after the game. Nor is he now. He was and is expressing frustration over getting beat, both individually and as a Knick.

• Like 2

This is a perfect time for the rest of the team to come out like gangbusters because the focus is on one guy. The Knicks are dumb enough to concentrate on one guy who still is gonna post an efficient double-double. I hope Josh and Marvin would make a conscious effort to drive the hole. Hell, even Bibby after the Detroit game.