• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks are shopping Marvin

pimp

actually it never looked good. nothing with williams and hawks has looked good. he has been a major bust and was one of the worst draft picks in history of this franchise.

Ditto. Concur. Agree.

Not that he's in the same boat with Koncak or Keefe in terms of being just plain awful. But in a way, he epitomizes the current state of this team; not horrific but not nearly good enough to warrant mention. At some point, you just have to roll the dice and change things up, so the team and the folks who support them know that the status quo isn't good enough...

• Like 1

Ditto. Concur. Agree.

Not that he's in the same boat with Koncak or Keefe in terms of being just plain awful. But in a way, he epitomizes the current state of this team; not horrific but not nearly good enough to warrant mention. At some point, you just have to roll the dice and change things up, so the team and the folks who support them know that the status quo isn't good enough...

The thing that frustates me the most about Marvin was it was such a reach. He was a sixth man in college! And he wasn't anything amazing. He just had good players around him. There was a reason he wasn't starting. Also, he has no passion. He always seems to walk or move in slow motion. No sense of urgency. He doesn't fit with this team and they need to part ways with him. I would rather give the minutes to JC2.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Any of u guys that want to say Marvin's contract looked like an albatross when he signed it I challenge you to dig up a post u made when he signed it proving you were right at the time.

The "search" feature is pretty easy to use - I call bullsh*t

$7.5M through the age of 27/28 is not a bad contract for a starter - even a borderline starter - on a 50-win team. If Marvin kept doing what he'd been doing in '08-'09, he'd be a bargain. As it is, he's simply "average" for his price, which is a couple clicks above the MLE (by definition the "average" contract for a NBA player). The perception that he's overpaid has more to do with his draft position than his actual contract.

• Like 4

The Hawks do need to try and shed some long term salary if they want to bring Jamal back and I think that they do want him back so this doesn't surprise me, especially if we're committed to Josh at the 3. We clearly still need an upgrade at the 1 and 5 positions and Marvin should be able to bring us an upgrade at either.

i think its gonna be a marvin for sessions,filler swap it just makes sense

"filler swap"

if sessions comes here he'll start.

that being said, we'd be lucky to move marvins tank of a contract, this dude is terrible at just about everything. you'd think being a terrible player, he'd at least be able to throw hands. dude was throwing punches like a girl and he looked like he was going to fall in the process.

• Like 1

• Admin

The Hawks do need to try and shed some long term salary if they want to bring Jamal back and I think that they do want him back so this doesn't surprise me, especially if we're committed to Josh at the 3. We clearly still need an upgrade at the 1 and 5 positions and Marvin should be able to bring us an upgrade at either.

Honestly I don't Josh at the 3.

He is just not right there.

• Like 1

True... Trading Marvin only makes sense if trade brings 1 or 5 to ATL and if Smoove will serve as default 3 and we'll try to retain Jamal.

why would you thumb down my post when you know good and damn well i'm speaking the truth. whatever, marvin is probably the biggest bust we've ever drafted next to sheldon williams.

if you see a draft name with "williams", just steer clear.

• Like 1