• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yahoo: Hawks targeting Hinrich, trying to move Bibby & Marvin.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Yahoooooooo!

Hawks shopping Bibby, eye Hinrich

The Atlanta Hawks are working hard to move point guard Mike Bibby(notes), and Washington’s Kirk Hinrich(notes) has emerged as a real target for them. Denver’s Raymond Felton(notes) and Portland’s Andre Miller(notes) also are looming large on the Hawks’ radar, sources say. The Hawks have inquired about the Nets’ Harris, but there are no deal possibilities there, sources said.

The Hawks are trying hard to rid themselves of the three years and $23.2 million left on Marvin Williams’(notes) contract after this season. “For what he makes, it’s a tough sell,” said one NBA coach whose team desires a forward who can score the ball.

The Hawks also have explored trying to trade guard Jeff Teague(notes) and swingman Maurice Evans(notes) to the Cleveland Cavaliers for guards Ramon Sessions(notes) and Manny Harris(notes), one source said.

AGREED KIRK?? IS NOT THE ANSWER ..WE BLOW

He has declined a bit defensively (Still 1000000 times better than Bibby, but is still a good shooter and passer. He is better than nothing though I would prefer Sessions or Harris. He is basically playing a SG role in Washington so he will probably look better defensively playing PG.

Edited by GameTime

This deal actually makes us better. A lot better. What make ASG care so much about the team in one day.

Although I think Hinrich is better than Bibby now, it still seems like too close to a lateral move right now. Ugh.

I'd rather Harris, but as is going around Broussard is tweeting that we aren't offering anything. If Dallas gets him for Butler's expiring that will be annoying because we could just send Jamal.

(And any moderator reading this can delete the thread I started with the same info.)

Kirk was a good player in like 2007.

Are you serious. He's been good for a minute. He's a combo guard who can defend PG's but struggles at SG which he's been since his teams drafted Rose and Wall. I would love him in Atlanta. A LOT! Hinrich starting is a team that can beat other teams in the playoffs. I wouldn't say we would contend but we would compete. especially defensively. Hinrich can defend PG's with fiery nature. This is a deal I would be amazed happened. I hope it's more than talk.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

What a lame team Hinrich makes $9 million which is 3.5 to 4 million more than Bibby. The only way that's a good trade is that we get McGee and Hinrich, other than that Hinrich is way overpaid and not :write a letter:as good as Harris or Felton who both make less. Sund is a dummy when is his contract up?