• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yahoo: Hawks targeting Hinrich, trying to move Bibby & Marvin.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Kirk only shot 40% last year so he isn't the shooter that you guys are letting on. He seemed pretty crappy his last year with CHI.

Hinrich is kind of crappy. I'm not going to lie. But if we got a PG who could stay in front of his man for 30+ minutes a night it would change the whole dynamic of how this team plays defense.

I'm not happy about the fact that Sund signed these deals he's trying to move but then again BK was too proud to admit his mistakes and cut bait which is what Sund seems to be trying to do at this point.

On a side note we all argue back and forth about Marvin Williams here but I think its extremely telling of how Marvin is viewed around the league if they are having a problem moving him because he's owed 8 million per.

• Premium Member

How many years are left on Hinrich's deal?

same as Bibby but he makes 3 million more than Bibby does. If we offered Marvin and Bibby for Thornton and Hinrich I think the salaries would match and it would get us out of Marvin's contract (Thornton expires). Actually I just checked and Hinrich's contract is cheaper in 2012 than it is this year. If we make this trade we would be left with Hinrich's expiring at 8 million and would shed Marvin's 7.5 million AND Bibbiy's 6.2 million. I think I would do this trade. Not sure Washington is interested in Marvin though.

Kirk only shot 40% last year so he isn't the shooter that you guys are letting on. He seemed pretty crappy his last year with CHI.

He can't play SG in the NBA successfully like O.J. At PG, he's a top 5 defender for position and he can shoot at the point. You guys look at stats too much and not the play, the reason for the player play and his talent when at his true position. At PG, he's good and a perfect fit our system.

same as Bibby but he makes 3 million more than Bibby does. If we offered Marvin and Bibby for Thornton and Hinrich I think the salaries would match and it would get us out of Marvin's contract (Thornton expires). Actually I just checked and Hinrich's contract is cheaper in 2012 than it is this year. If we make this trade we would be left with Hinrich's expiring at 8 million and would shed Marvin's 7.5 million AND Bibbiy's 6.2 million. I think I would do this trade. Not sure Washington is interested in Marvin though.

I think the Wiz want to get rid of Josh Howard more so. But the deal still works.

• Premium Member

I think the Wiz want to get rid of Josh Howard more so. But the deal still works.

Yeah Howard and Thornton are basically on the same contract... and they're basically the same player. So yup, any of those two guys would make the deal work.

On second thought... why the heck does Washington even get within 100 miles of this trade?

Edited by Atlantaholic

He can't play SG in the NBA successfully like O.J. At PG, he's a top 5 defender for position and he can shoot at the point. You guys look at stats too much and not the play, the reason for the player play and his talent when at his true position. At PG, he's good and a perfect fit our system.

Every time I saw him in his last year in Chicago he was terrible. That sticks out in my mind. His stats are better this year, but I'm not buying it. He sucks now. He will not be enough to help this team hold onto 5th seed either.

agreed. dude hinirich been a good defender for a while now! and he can shoot no prob. can he penetrate is the question.

Yeah Howard and Thornton are basically on the same contract... and they're basically the same player. So yup, any of those two guys would make the deal work.

On second thought... why the heck does Washington even get within 100 miles of this trade?

1. Marvin is talented and can be good.

2. Hinrich is a non factor at times depending on the match-up at SG.

3. They need a vet PG behind Wall.

4. They need vets who care.

5. Smile and be happy.

agreed. dude hinirich been a good defender for a while now! and he can shoot no prob. can he penetrate is the question.

lukewarm, enough to keep you honest but nothing to the degree of a game changer.

• Premium Member

They already traded for Rashard Lewis who plays the exact same position as Marvin and makes 20 million dollars a year for the next three years. In other words they would be investing 28-31 million (!!!!!) dollars to their Sf position with this trade for the next three seasons. Which is ridiculously stupid.

And Bibby will be better for them how?

Again... why is Bibby a better option than Hinrich?

Are you implying Hinrich doesn't care? Then why would WE want Hinrich?

5. Smile and be happy.

:question:

This trade makes absolutely 0 sense for them.

This trade makes absolutely 0 sense for them.

They already traded for Rashard Lewis who plays the exact same position as Marvin and makes 20 million dollars a year for the next three years. In other words they would be investing 28-31 million (!!!!!) dollars to their Sf position with this trade for the next three seasons. Which is ridiculously stupid.

And Bibby will be better for them how?

Again... why is Bibby a better option than Hinrich?

Are you implying Hinrich doesn't care? Then why would WE want Hinrich?

5. Smile and be happy.

1. Lewis plays PF and SF for them. They would rather him at PF but their SF can't play or don't want to like Josh Howard.

2. Bibby cheaper and would be his backup to a rookie who needs that Bibby as a teammate.

3. Hinrich starts at SG, well did since Young took his role. Hinrich makes is too much for a bench player.

4. No one on the Wiz who's not over 25 cares, the Wizards are wasting those players time and giving all the mins to the young guys and not the best guys. It's a business and they are getting jobbed.

Edited by nbasuperstar40