• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More on the Hinrich situation

Guest Squawker

Hinrich is not worth this much discussion. He is the same applicant as Sessions basically, neither are worth more than a ask and if the price is right do it, if it's not no more discussion. Hinrich for Bibby, Mo and a 2nd in 2012 is the most I would do. Really don't want to give up Bibby because he atleast get's the offense initiated. Sessions and 2nd for Zaza straight up, that's about all he is worth.

why the hawks are interested in kirk hinrich is beyond me. but of course this is the type of bullsh*t we put up with as hawks fans, everyone around us makes big moves and our "big move" will probably be for someone like sessions or hinrich. this team disgusts me.

Fine, lets stay pat & get abused.

Swapping one aging PG for another won't do much to change us getting abused. What we need is a deal where we get rid of spare parts for someone that can contribute and hopefully upgrade a starting position, not one where we dump our only 2 PG's and get a 30 year old in return who wouldn't have any backup except for a ball hogging JC.

Trust me I absolutely want us to make a trade just as much as anyone here but if we act out of desperation and make a bad trade or overpay we will regret it.

• Premium Member

Fine, lets stay pat & get abused.

i'd rather "stay pat" vs trading for the sake of trading.

• Like 1

FWIW, I recall during broadcasts that 'Nique absolutely loves Hinrich and his game. I don't know how much pull he has in the front office with his position but I'm sure his opinion does carry some weight.

• Moderators

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes we have come to a consensus.If it's gonna be Sessions or Hinrich we will pass.

Depends on the price. Neither are pieces that change the direction of the franchise. Both would be nice additions at the right price. Mo/Teague for Sessions, for example, is a no-brainer. If the Cavs have a better offer than that, the question becomes how much more you will pay.

Depends on the price. Neither are pieces that change the direction of the franchise. Both would be nice additions at the right price. Mo/Teague for Sessions, for example, is a no-brainer. If the Cavs have a better offer than that, the question becomes how much more you will pay.

Giving up Teague for Sessions is far from a no-brainer. You are giving up a 1st round pick for a D-League all-star, I would not do that.

i'd rather "stay pat" vs trading for the sake of trading.

It's not for the sake of trading. Hinrich's defense is really underrated here. The guy is an elite defender. Stats can't show what he does. Not to mention that he's contract will expire next season. That's a trade asset to include in a package.

• Moderators

Giving up Teague for Sessions is far from a no-brainer. You are giving up a 1st round pick for a D-League all-star, I would not do that.

Depends on the first round pick and the D-League All-Star. Ben Wallace was a D-League All-Star. Doug Edwards was a first round pick (by the Hawks, #15 overall).

Isn't this the same guy that thinks Smoove has more value then Favors.

Not to mention this D-League allstar has now proven for 4 years that he can be an NBA PG and is an obvious upgrade to any PG on our roster and is also an obvious upgrade to both PGs we have drafted in the 1st round (Law / Teague).

Depends on the first round pick and the D-League All-Star. Ben Wallace was a D-League All-Star. Doug Edwards was a first round pick (by the Hawks, #15 overall).

D-League was not around when Ben came into league. He was undrafted but never saw the D-League, there are D Leaguers better than Teague so I get your point though. I would not trade Teague for Sessions.

• Moderators

D-League was not around when Ben came into league. He was undrafted but never saw the D-League, there are D Leaguers better than Teague so I get your point though. I would not trade Teague for Sessions.

D-League All-Star = CBA All-Star for me.

latest from insider.

Hinrich's market

3:20PM ET

Kirk Hinrich | Wizards

* Email

According to Michael Lee of the Washington Post, the Lakers and Hawks are "among the team that would like to add" Kirk Hinrich.

The Lakers were a rumored suitor of Hinrich at last year's trade deadline as they looked for more D on the perimeter, while the Hawks have reportedly been after a point guard at the this year's deadline. As we noted Tuesday, they could acquire Ramon Sessions.

But Lee also add this: "The Wizards like Hinrich and have informed his representatives that they would like to 'stay the course' with him."

As such, a trade of Hinrich by the Wizards is looking unlikely before Thursday's deadline.

-- Ryan Corazza