• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged x5: Deron Williams traded to the Nets

GameTime

Sources told The Record it's a 3-team. deal and the Nets would send D. Harris, DFavors and picks to Utah for Williams.
Edited by AHF

Nets are on brink of getting Deron Williams in 3-team deal that will send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and picks to Utah according to Yahoo. Looks like Favors got pulled from practice. I hope we can still pull off a trade for a PG in the next 24 hours.

• Moderators

If that happens, they should thank their lucky stars they didn't get Carmelo. Talk about a huge week for the Nets. They get the Knicks to kick in a bunch of extra consideration for Melo and then go out and deal for a superior player in Deron.

I doubt this happens but it would be a coup for NJ.

Between this and Sloan stepping down, you can say "welcome to irrelevancy Utah!"

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

If we had 2 players that could match Harris and Favors plus a high draft choice I'm sure we could have pulled this off too but we don't.

Yeah, I was gonna say...what could we have offered? Josh Smith straight up? Jamal's expiring contract? A package of Marvin, JC2, and a couple non-lottery picks? Sorry, but we don't have the pieces to offer anything remotely close to Harris (borderline All-Star PG in his prime), Favors (the #3 overall pick in the most recent draft, with huge upside), and almost certainly higher draft picks than we'll have. The Jazz weren't looking to cut costs, and they'd be crazy to prefer anyone we have save Horford instead of Favors/Harris.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 2

[EDITED] me SIDEWAYS.................................

Edited by Dolfan23
Please don't try and get around the content filter.

Yeah, I was gonna say...what could we have offered? Josh Smith straight up? Jamal's expiring contract? A package of Marvin, JC2, and a couple non-lottery picks? Sorry, but we don't have the pieces to offer anything remotely close to Harris (borderline All-Star PG in his prime), Favors (the #3 overall pick in the most recent draft, with huge upside), and almost certainly higher draft picks than we'll have. The Jazz weren't looking to cut costs, and they'd be crazy to prefer anyone we have save Horford instead of Favors/Harris.

I just don't understand the motivation for NJ here unless they absolutely hate Harris and see no future with Favors. I am a huge DW fan but I don't see NJ as being better off now than they were ... Utah on the other hand I really like this move considering that DW wanted out as this will go a long way toward keeping talent on their team.

I would assume Deron has agreed to some kind of extension with NJ?

I'm so damn pissed right now. Nets got Deron for Favors and Harris, are people really that high on favors?

Folks were that high on Marvin once upon a time. Im not comparing the 2 players ( Marv and Favors ) but I would shutter to see a list of trades the Hawks turned down for Marvin over the years.

• Moderators

I think this will be a disaster for NJ but talk about a different world in terms of the hype surrounding Deron and Carmelo getting traded. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't ship out Deron to keep Jerry Sloan if you were only going to get rid of Deron a few weeks later.

• Admin

WOW!!! NJ really made it happen here. They got a better deal and better player then Melo and traded less.

Great job by their organization. I wish we had the pieces to get him but they would need a pg in return and we just don't have one to offer.

I am dissappointed that Harris is not available anymore.

We need to focus on Felton now.

• Premium Member

I am furious. We should have offered anyone on our roster in any configuration to get Deron.

I would have offered anyone on our roster save Horford to get Deron. That wouldn't change the fact that the Nets could still offer more.

Favors/Harris/lottery picks > JJ + non-lottery picks

Favors/Harris/lottery picks >> Smoove + non-lottery picks

Favors/Harris/lottery picks >>>>> Marvin/JC2/Teague + non-lottery picks

I think this will be a disaster for NJ but talk about a different world in terms of the hype surrounding Deron and Carmelo getting traded. What I don't understand is why you wouldn't ship out Deron to keep Jerry Sloan if you were only going to get rid of Deron a few weeks later.

Agreed on all fronts.

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 2

Deron to the Nets for D. Harris and Favors....might be some picks in there, but that's the meat of the trade. Damn, the East just keeps getting better and better. Utah is gonna have to get rid of a big, they're not going to keep Milsap, Jefferson, and Favors.

Ooopss..sorry guys...already posted. My fault.

Edited by buckeye242424