• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

For those that think Sund is an "idiot" or whatever for turning down NJ for Harris ...

Admin

NJ is asking for an expiring contract plus a young player plus a 1st round draft choice and the Mavericks have refused that price, just as Sund did when they asked us for the same. We can all argue whether or not Harris is worth that but the bottom line is that it appears Sund was right in refusing NJ's asking price.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211303/Nets_Mavericks_Discussing_Harris_Trade

The Nets and Mavericks have been in talks about a Devin Harris trade since it became apparent that New Jersey wasn't going to acquire Carmelo Anthony.

New Jersey wants the expiring contract of the injured Caron Butler, rookie Dominique Jones and a first round pick from Dallas, according to sources.

The Mavericks, sources said, "turned down" that offer because they are unwilling to add two assets like Jones and a first-rounder to go along with Butler.

Harris badly wants out of New Jersey after hearing his name in trade rumors for more than a year.

Negotiations are expected to continue, but the two sides have yet to reach a consensus on workable trade terms.

Portland is the only other serious suitor for Harris, who the Mavericks traded to the Nets back in February of 2008.

• Like 1

So instead we stand pat, become a team fighting for the 6th-7th seed and waste another season with Marvin "I suck and I'm stealing Money" Williams, Mike "Brittle Bones/Ole' defense" Bibby, Josh "I'm from Atlanta so ya'll wear blinders to my massive problems" Smith, and a bench that consists of Jamal "Chuck it up there, some will fall... maybe" Crawford and not much else...

Great plan, way to build towards mediocrity!

I've been to 11 home games this year, have tickets for 4 games in March, and I'm literally DISGUSTED with how this team is MISMANAGED

NJ is asking for an expiring contract plus a young player plus a 1st round draft choice and the Mavericks have refused that price, just as Sund did when they asked us for the same. We can all argue whether or not Harris is worth that but the bottom line is that it appears Sund was right in refusing NJ's asking price.

Dallas is a top 3 west team who looking really strong. The hawks are a fading 6th seed team.

This is one of the most inept franchises in pro sports.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

So instead we stand pat, become a team fighting for the 6th-7th seed and waste another season with Marvin "I suck and I'm stealing Money" Williams, Mike "Brittle Bones/Ole' defense" Bibby, Josh "I'm from Atlanta so ya'll wear blinders to my massive problems" Smith, and a bench that consists of Jamal "Chuck it up there, some will fall... maybe" Crawford and not much else...

Great plan, way to build towards mediocrity!

I've been to 11 home games this year, have tickets for 4 games in March, and I'm literally DISGUSTED with how this team is MISMANAGED

Who said that we should stand pat? My point is simply that even the great Mark Cuban thought that was too much to give up for Harris so obviously Sund wasn't alone.

Dallas is a top 3 west team who looking really strong. The hawks are a fading 6th seed team.

This is one of the most inept franchises in pro sports.

Dallas has a billionaire owner and perhaps the deepest bench in the league. We have an ownership group who are maxed out and we don't have much in the way of assets outside of our "core".