• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How much is a first worth to us..?

Diesel

• Premium Member

As I read it and understand it, the hold up in the trade for Hinrich is a first rounder.

I take it we said:

Bibby/Craw2/Etan for Hinrich and Washington said Bibby/Craw2/Etan/first for Hinrich.

I guess the important questions are:

How important is Hinrich?

How important is the 1st round pick?

Who else can we get?

• Moderators

Beggers can't be choosers is the situation we're in obviously. Why we'd need to give up a first for Hinrich is beyond me. Why we aren't playing Teague is beyond me too. All the trade rumors i see we are shopping Marv and Bibby. And no one is beating down our door??? Geez. I used to to give ASG the benefit of the doubt but now I'm fed up. Announce a fire sale and see who comes calling.

As I read it and understand it, the hold up in the trade for Hinrich is a first rounder.

I take it we said:

Bibby/Craw2/Etan for Hinrich and Washington said Bibby/Craw2/Etan/first for Hinrich.

Who else can we get?

JC2 and Wall together is gonna be beastly. Getting rid of JC2 when Craw is gone after this year is stupid IMO.

I take it we said:

Who else can we get?

We are currenly up to pick #22 with our recent losses. Our pick is gaining in value the more we lose. 3 spot don't sound like much but they are. For example, we were within 1 pick of getting Ty Lawson 2 years ago.

I would consider swtching our 1st for their 2nd at the last second before the deadline for Hinrich. Washington's 2nd round pick is #35......if we could better the team and get on a roll our pick could go back up to #25 or #26.

I actually value Sessions more then Hinrich......especially if we keep Bibby while adding Sessions. I would be more inclined to throw in our 1st for a 24 year old Sessions then a 30 year old Hinrich.

Give them our first but take back their second.

That was my thinking as well.

We are currenly up to pick #22 with our recent losses. Our pick is gaining in value the more we lose. 3 spot don't sound like much but they are. For example, we were within 1 pick of getting Ty Lawson 2 years ago.

I would consider swtching our 1st for their 2nd at the last second before the deadline for Hinrich. Washington's 2nd round pick is #35......if we could better the team and get on a roll our pick could go back up to #25 or #26.

I actually value Sessions more then Hinrich......especially if we keep Bibby while adding Sessions. I would be more inclined to throw in our 1st for a 24 year old Sessions then a 30 year old Hinrich.

That was my thinking as well.

BINGO

• Premium Member

Considering almost every trade proposal I see on here includes one of our first round picks from the last two years, I'm guessing they really don't mean much to most of us.

Getting rid of JC2 when Craw is gone after this year is stupid IMO.

Excellent point !

That is part of the reason that l prefer Teague / Evans / 1st for Sessions. The other reason is Sessions is 24. I don't mind giving up a 1st for a 24 year PG who we know can contribute vs drafting ANOTHER 22 year old question mark at PG.

For Felton I would trade the 1st in a split second. !

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Excellent point !

That is part of the reason that l prefer Teague / Evans / 1st for Sessions. The other reason is Sessions is 24. I don't mind giving up a 1st for a 24 year PG who we know can contribute vs drafting ANOTHER 22 year old question mark at PG.

For Felton I would trade the 1st in a split second. !

I agree.

Sessions should be our target and the first should be considered if Cleveland demands it.

I also agree about Felton, I just don't know what we would have to give?

1st round picks have value when trading for star players, they shouldn't be used as a throw in for average players.

I agree if its a lottery pick or even a near lotter pick.

I disagree when that pick is in the 20's.

I'd be thrilled if Teague (picked 19th I think) or JC (picked 27th I think) ever turn into average players.

Heck we have a #2 over all pick who is barely an average player (Marvin), and drafted a #6 pick (Chillz) who is below average, and a #5 pick (Sheldon) who is below average, and a #11 pick (Law) who is below average.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

To me, there is no excuse for failing to complete a deal involving a non-expiring starter because you aren't willing to part with a draft pick outside the top 20. Then again, there's also no excuse for failing to complete a deal because you're insisting on a draft pick outside the top 20. It's like buying a $1000 diamond pendant but haggling over whether the jeweler should throw in a $25 silver chain. If the Hawks are high on JC2, I maybe can understand that, but I can't imagine that's the case considering that we already have too many SGs and he's been sitting on the end of the bench all year long.

Edited by niremetal