• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quick Q about Marvin

TNHawk

From a shooting standpoint Marvin has been struggling more than usual thelast few games. From those who have seen the games, what's the deal? It seems he is shooting more but making less. Rather than the usual 2 for 5 it's been more like 1 for 7. Glad to see him being more aggressive but would have expected a higher percentage. Is some of it due to playing more with Jamal (if that's the case) or is it something else? Thanks.

From a shooting standpoint Marvin has been struggling more than usual thelast few games. From those who have seen the games, what's the deal? It seems he is shooting more but making less. Rather than the usual 2 for 5 it's been more like 1 for 7. Glad to see him being more aggressive but would have expected a higher percentage. Is some of it due to playing more with Jamal (if that's the case) or is it something else? Thanks.

the last 4 games he's shooting 37.5 % on 10 shots a game. His season average is 10.1 shots a game shooting 46%....so he's not shooting more. On a statistical basis, he's missing .75 more shots a game.

So if .1 shots less is more and .75 shots less made is struggling, then the answer to your question is yes.

• Premium Member

I must say, it blows my mind that Marvin always seems to have decent, or at least not poor, plus/minus numbers despite how unimpressive he looks on the court. He really does nothing great and is very passive, but he still manages not to hurt the team deeply.

I've always found it unusual.

I must say, it blows my mind that Marvin always seems to have decent, or at least not poor, plus/minus numbers despite how unimpressive he looks on the court. He really does nothing great and is very passive, but he still manages not to hurt the team deeply.

He defends well, scores at times and really doesn't foul much.

Somebody told him that he was on the block!!! LOL

Honestly that biggest knock on Marvin is his scoring. He plays solid D, is a great free throw shooter, decent rebounder and doesn't turn the ball over. He does well when he is slashing and gets touches. I have noticed that LD has his basically doing the same thing Woody had him doing camping out at the 3pt line creating space for JJ, Smoove, and Horf. How about someone creating a little space for him? He rarely gets the ball in a good situation.

Marvin does leave alot to be desired makes no mistakes about. But has he really been given the absolute chance to do more? Really. The problem is probably 70 % Marvin and 30% the situation he is in. He can always buck the gameplan (if there is one) and go for his (ala Smoove). What kind of team would that be?

I think that he should come off the bench but getting looks when you are in the game with Jamal Crawford is pretty hard to get good looks.

Edited by Wurider05

I thini his +/- #'s come form his man to man defense and his ability to switch on defense that is very underrated.......that compensates for his poor / inconsistent offensive output.

He is Derrick McKey all over again........a very frustrating player with potential that will never be reached.

Edited by coachx