• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks never really had chance at Ramon Sessions/Devin Harris

JTB

No way hawks could have gotten sessions:

After hearing that the Cavs traded Mo to the Clippers for Baron Davis. I feel that the Cavs will take their chances in watching sessions grow with their team. Sessions has never really had a fair chance and he shouldnt have been let go from the bucks where he really emerged when he was by himself with Redd an Bout being hurt the majority of the time in that season. Then when he got to Minnesota. the timberwolves had Johnny Flynn as their franchise man to have a new beginning for their team. Plus they run a hard traingle offense which would confuse any young pg. Now that he's a cav and mo has gotten hurt he gets his chance again to be that player that just keeps sparking! No way the cavs would rid him after what he has done in January and Feb.

No way hawks could have gotten harris:

First off this was a long shot for two reasons. For one to obtain harris the hawks would have to trade atleast two core players for his services not cause he's that damn good but because thats what the nets would have wanted and he wasnt worth that! 2. they were looking for a star in return the whole time and probably at the pg position more than any other position. An well they got their star in deron willams. no way can the hawks offer a deron willams type caliber to the nets cause thats like 2 of our core pieces that would make us go backward when we want to go forward.

Not sure about Felton:

Not sure if we could have gotten felton or not but I really doubt it only because I really think the nuggets want to keep him. Not sure what the nuggets are going to do but in case ty lawson dont turn out to be a good starter I guess they keep felton as a just in case cause they know he can start. which for them is smart.

The hawks did what they could with the other names and just aimed for kirk which is still an hug upgrade because he is a great hard nose defender, has a high bb IQ as well as a good floor general, and a pure shooter. An in my opnion the hawks still fixed their needs at pg especially on defense, hinrich is actually a better defender than all the other names we went after.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The rumored Sessions trade didn't make any sense at all from Cleveland's perspective. I doubted that was legit. And yeah, we might have had a shot at Harris before they realized they could move him to get D-Will. Once that happened, we had no shot.

Kurt fits because he doesnt need the ball to help us .

There is simply no way that a ball dominant guard was gonna come in here and be successful unless it was D.Will,CP3,Rose ,or Nash someone of that caliber . Bringing in these lower tier guards wouldnt have worked as Joe and josh are not gonna stand around while this guy dribbles around every possession.

Kurt is a guy who can run the point but when JJ or Josh grabs the ball he is still equally comfortable filling the lane or spotting up in a corner

Kurt also strengthens our best lineup even further Bibby,Jamal,Joe,Al Smoove was our best lineup but everyone cringed because we had jamal and Bibby in the lineup at the end of the games . Weve now inserted a hustle guy who can shoot and defend into that lineup.

the games of Harris and Sessions simply wouldnt have fit and we wouldnt have gotten the defense upgrade that we needed . I just feel; that too much of our team wouldve had to be changed for them to be succesful here . Kurt allows us to keep the things that worked while still exploring other opportunities .