• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks won't sign anyone before March 12th.

mrhonline

The info on that Blazer article is wrong.

Players just need to be released by the 1st to be playoff eligible. They can be signed anywhere up unil a team's last regular season game to be eligible for playoff roster as long as they were released prior to the March 1st deadline and/or have been Free Agents all season long.

• Moderators

The info on that Blazer article is wrong.

Players just need to be released by the 1st to be playoff eligible. They can be signed anywhere up unil a team's last regular season game to be eligible for playoff roster as long as they were released prior to the March 1st deadline and/or have been Free Agents all season long.

Yep. Go by Larry Coon. Beat writers screw up on the CBA all the time.

Yep. Go by Larry Coon. Beat writers screw up on the CBA all the time.

What? No, I have never seen that happen.

In all honesty though, MC hardly ever screws up the CBA. That guy might be the best beat writer in terms of technical soundness. He may not have the same flashy news and inside sources as Sekou, but dammit I like MC so much more.

So, sorry to end all the hope now, but it all come to an end, not from the 226,484 Vs 180,929 fight, but from a new info : 100,000 of Hinrich Unlikely Bonus have been turned into Likely Bonus once he was traded to ATL.

Turns out the Hinrich bonus is based on the Hawks getting to the 2nd round. If thats the case, then the ASG should consider that unlikely with our current roster.

• Premium Member

Okay, so I should have realized something had to be up with that, if all of these teams were still pursuing Brewer still yet.

Weird, though... to my knowledge, there is a deadline in the other two major sports well ahead of the end of the season.

• Moderators

In all honesty though, MC hardly ever screws up the CBA. That guy might be the best beat writer in terms of technical soundness. He may not have the same flashy news and inside sources as Sekou, but dammit I like MC so much more.

Agreed. Cunningham is very unusual among NBA writers for the knowledge he has shown of the CBA. Sekou never wanted to do his homework in that area. I like them both as beat writers, but I can trust what Cunningham says much, much more about anything technical.

Fyi... just found that Jarvis Hayes signed with a team in Turkey as of January... doesn't appear the Tel Aviv thing ever worked out.

I always liked Jarvis and for a few years he was one of the first guys I'd trade for on 2K to start at SF since he could play D and knock down the 3. I never understood why we never tried to sign him but he probably doesn't have enough left in the tank to help this current Hawks team.

At this point in time I don't think we will.

I guess time will tell but I'm pretty optimistic about our new ability to defend and how far it could take us in the playoffs. I don't think we have enough depth to beat Boston in a 7 game series but I can absolutely see us being able to beat anyone else in the East.

• Premium Member

I always liked Jarvis and for a few years he was one of the first guys I'd trade for on 2K to start at SF since he could play D and knock down the 3. I never understood why we never tried to sign him but he probably doesn't have enough left in the tank to help this current Hawks team.

I guess time will tell but I'm pretty optimistic about our new ability to defend and how far it could take us in the playoffs. I don't think we have enough depth to beat Boston in a 7 game series but I can absolutely see us being able to beat anyone else in the East.

Boston has been blessed so far with some better health this season, but given their age, I don't trust they'll get through June that way. And if anyone thinks Boston is beat-able even w/o regard to injuries, it's our guys. Now, "thinks" might not translate to "can," but then again, it might... especially now that we have someone who can to some degree neutralize Rondo.

Boston has been blessed so far with some better health this season, but given their age, I don't trust they'll get through June that way. And if anyone thinks Boston is beat-able even w/o regard to injuries, it's our guys. Now, "thinks" might not translate to "can," but then again, it might... especially now that we have someone who can to some degree neutralize Rondo.

I definitely think that we can be competitive with them but I don't trust our bench to play well every game of what would probably be a long playoff series. I think the only way we could hope to win would be to lean very heavily on our starters but even if we got to the ECF or the Finals our guys would probably be exhausted by then using that approach.

• Premium Member

Think we're saying much the same thing when you consider that I'm only suggesting that if the C's were crippled by losing one of their older guys, their depth would take a hit that would bring them in-range.

We have had maybe 5 games since the trade? Hardly enough time for me to think this team has substantially changed. Talk to me again in 15 to 20 games.