• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kirk Hinrich - IMHO - Wow

DJlaysitup

Diesel, some of the guys and I discussed him at length 2 year ago in a thread where I didn't want to overpay but everyone in the discussion was in complete agreement that he would make us light years better.

The best analogy I can make relates to baseball, how a quick worker on the mound keeps the infielders on their toes and reduces errors while never letting the batters get comfortable in the box. This is the effect Hinrich has on a game.

Just for giggles...he played 16 minutes last night...8/3/3. 32 minutes (like Bibbs/Jamal) and that would be 16 pts/6 assists/6 rebounds. I know that doesn't equate but you see the effect. One play last night Josh started to lead the break and Kirk caught him by mid court and demanded the ball. I almost fell off the couch. You never realize the effect of players on everyone on the floor until someone else comes in and changes the mentality. I can't wait till April when he's in full charge and has everyone's respect.

Kirk was born for LD's offense.

One play last night Josh started to lead the break and Kirk caught him by mid court and demanded the ball. I almost fell off the couch.

Every time Smith rebounded the ball he handed it to PG before crossing half court. Immediate progress.

• Like 4

I love what Bibby did for this team as far as helping change the culture and helping us finally become a consistent playoff team. But man is Hinrich a clear cut upgrade. And it's not so much about the numbers that show up in the stat sheet, it's the defensive level of play he showed, keeping even the likes of Monta Ellis in front of him at times and Curry as well. Bibby would have had no chance to keep those guys in front of him

Even despite how bad of a perimeter defense we had with Bibby forcing Joe to defend PGs at times and all the dribble penetration we gave up, we still had a somewhat above average defense.

WIth Hinrich even halfway keeping guys in front of him, we could have an ELITE defense. He also set the tone by pushing the ball up the floor. Teague followed as well. SO far I'm loving things

I know Golden State isn't much of a test offensively but may did we defensively puts the clamps on them. Can't wait to see this lineup go out there again