• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

For those dogging Marvin for his offense ...

Admin

• Premium Member

As your resident Marvin hater,

I disagree. Wright played Marvin's game last night. "Sit outside and wait for somebody to pass it to me." That doesn't mean Marvin "deed him up". Dude only took 7 shots. 3 of those were three pointers. While Lee and Ellis took 40 of the teams 89 shots. When we got up on them in the first, there was no way that they were going to put the ball in Wright's hands more than Lee's hand. Marvin wasn't that big of a factor. Especially seeing that Marvin didn't put in on any of the offense that caused them to become one dimensional in the first place.

This is what's so disturbing to me. I went back and watched the entire Golden State game and Diesel's assessment is correct. Marvin did absolutely nothing to supposedly "shut down" Wright. He wasn't denying him the ball or cutting off his drives or anything. Wright wasn't even looking for his shot or getting the ball much anyway, yet we have so many people talking about how he shut the guy down? Why is that? I challenge anyone to go back and watch the game with two objective eyes and honestly say that Marvin shut down Dorrell Wright or that his defense was that stellar overall.

This is what's so disturbing to me. I went back and watched the entire Golden State game and Diesel's assessment is correct. Marvin did absolutely nothing to supposedly "shut down" Wright. He wasn't denying him the ball or cutting off his drives or anything. Wright wasn't even looking for his shot or getting the ball much anyway, yet we have so many people talking about how he shut the guy down? Why is that? I challenge anyone to go back and watch the game with two objective eyes and honestly say that Marvin shut down Dorrell Wright or that his defense was that stellar overall.

I don't like people that boxscore watch either and determine that if the opposing positional player scored x amount of points then it's a determinant for how much defense was played. This is usually used AGAINST Marvin when it comes to a matchup like Lebron where everyone says "well he still scored 28 points so where was the defense?" yet if you watched the game you'd notice that anytime Lebron was directly against Marv he was forced into long jumpers but every other time he would CALL for a switch onto Joe or Smoove and take them directly to the rim. JJ gets underrated as well in this regard as the best damn Kobe stopper there is right now outside of Iguodala.

Either way, go back and watch last night's game and you'll notice that he absolutely shut down Roy, Matthews and Batum when he was on them. They couldn't get around him or shoot clearly over him and he also was great in help situations tipping balls or contesting shots.

It cuts both ways, Jody. Posters are quick to berate him because a player like Thornton was able to score 8 points in transition and another 15 while Marvin was on the bench and say he's the worst defender ever because he "allowed"a player to get 27 (accounting for the 4 points ACTUALLY scored on Marv) the same way some defenders will say that a player taking only 6 shots or only scoring 8 points is indicative of him "shutting them down". If you watch enough with two objective eyes you'd notice his impact on that end and it's not just a fabrication by certain posters on this site as it's been proven to death already many NATIONAL reporters and analysts have said the same.

I don't know what game you were watching but I saw Marvin denying Wright the ball and while Wright wasn't making much effort to get around that he also wasn't being left alone like he did in the previous match up with GS where he torched us from downtown getting whatever shot he wanted.