• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THIS is how you develop a young player.

Wretch

• Premium Member

This is how you do it man. Put his *ss out there and sink or swim. You can't keep a guy buried on the bench and expect him to produce. Too much pressure. To much fear of screwing up. *NOT* that I want him starting, because Hinrich should be in there. But Teague needs good minutes - do or die. Should have happened earlier in the year but better late than never.

• Like 1

Jeff Teague's stats might look bleh but I think almost everyone sees the type of impact he has on games. The guy just has a knack for pestering his opponent and ending up with steals. He is def. showing more potential than some of the other pg's we had in the past.

Thank you Supporter.......I have been thinking this as well.....LD has to continue to play him. He seems to be coming around gradually. I saw a little swag when guarding andre. He prevented him from receiving the pass several times. He needs to learn to finish. You can't keep getting that close to the rim and not finish. At least, Teague driving allows for our bigs to get easy put backs like we have grown accustomed to seeing other teams doing it to us.

If this is the kind of team we will be seeing night in and night out, then I truly believe we can CONTEND FOR THE TITLE!!!! I know I am being a bit premature but these guys are finally showing what their athletic advantage does to teams. I think Rick Sund might actually be better than BK at drafting. So far Teague and Jordan are showing they belong in the NBA. The jury is still out on Pape Sy......

Teague is better than Hinrich defensively but Hinrich will play more because he can make shots. That's what it comes down to. Hinrich gives up just as many as he get's also and he does not play as savvy as some would like you to believe. The guy has been on the floor when we gave up big leads in both of his games played with Hawks. I really want more Teague the dude is good on defense and helps us turn it up a couple of notches. When learns to finish he will be averaging double figures easy.

• Like 1

He looked great last night. He's very active out there, very quick and he shows potential to be a great pest defensively speaking. He's got quick hands to the ball and shows good court vision and anticipation what with reading and then intercepting some of those passes the Blazers were attempting to make. I'm glad we kept this guy, and am hoping he'll get the opportunity to play regular minutes, especially when he earns them as he did last night. Having a game like that is great for his confidence too.

• Premium Member

Teague is better than Hinrich defensively but Hinrich will play more because he can make shots. That's what it comes down to. Hinrich gives up just as many as he get's also and he does not play as savvy as some would like you to believe. The guy has been on the floor when we gave up big leads in both of his games played with Hawks. I really want more Teague the dude is good on defense and helps us turn it up a couple of notches. When learns to finish he will be averaging double figures easy.

5 words and a name: He did not beat out Mike Bibby!

So how in the world do the Hawks have a controversy at PG? He played well but please stop overstating things.

Teague has looked really good the past 2 games, especially last night and I love seeing him out there with the starters. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him get the Royal Ivey treatment where he starts games and the 2nd half and Hinrich comes off the bench and let their play in the game determine who closes the game out.

Teague has looked really good the past 2 games, especially last night and I love seeing him out there with the starters. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him get the Royal Ivey treatment where he starts games and the 2nd half and Hinrich comes off the bench and let their play in the game determine who closes the game out.

I think he has looked good and warranted more than the 13 minutes he got last night, but I also think it is just a matter of time before other teams just say box out when he goes to the hole because he doesn't finish well.

Maybe it is ok that he is getting the limited minutes because they are pulling him after he does something positive rather than when he does something negative which they were doing in the past. Sitting down after a bad play is hard on the confidence.

Teague played well and LD did not play him in the 2nd and 4th quarters...only 13 minutes...he should have been in the game instead of Crawford

We desperately needed Jamal's offense last night and he hit some huge 3's that were momentum killers too. Teague should have gotten some time in the 2nd and 4th quarters for sure but it should have been at Hinrich's expense and not at Jamal's. I don't think that will always be the case but when Jamal is shooting like he was last night we need him out there to keep the defense honest and Teague is not capable of making that happen at this point.

• Like 1

We would not have needed Jamal's scoring if the offense did not bog down the way it did with Jamal running the point. There was no ball and player movement....too much dribble. dribble, dribble.

5 words and a name: He did not beat out Mike Bibby!

So how in the world do the Hawks have a controversy at PG? He played well but please stop overstating things.

I dont think he said Teague was an all star just that he is better at d than Hinrich. I think thats just obvious. Teague has the jets to keep up with the quick guards, Hinrich is on the downside. I dont care what 2nd team d award he got, Chris Paul got 1st team d before and he cant guard a rock.

I dont think he said Teague was an all star just that he is better at d than Hinrich. I think thats just obvious. Teague has the jets to keep up with the quick guards, Hinrich is on the downside. I dont care what 2nd team d award he got, Chris Paul got 1st team d before and he cant guard a rock.

How exactly would someone guard a rock?

Back to Hinrich though he is a terrific defensive player, it just so happens that Andre Miller was allowed to get away with his bull in a china shop routine last night jumping into Hinrich's chest and no whistle was called, unless it was to call a foul to send Miller to the line, and none of our guards except maybe Joe could have stopped that. Anyone here think that Teague or any of our other guards would have made the terrific play that Hinrich did late when he moved into position to get that charge on Aldridge late? I sure as heck doubt it since Josh is the only other player I've seen consistently take charges and see plays like that develop ahead of time.