• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heading into tonight we were 7th in points allowed

thecampster

Even with Bibby/Mo and all the injuries, we were 7th best in the league in points allowed at 95.5.

Since adding Kirk, playing Teague and losing those 2 we are giving up 81 points a game (on the road no less).

In front of us are:

Boston - 91.2

Chicago - 92.5

New Orleans - 92.6

Milwaukee - 92.9

Orlando - 94.1

Miami -94.4

If we keep this up we could finish top 5 defense.

Even with Bibby/Mo and all the injuries, we were 7th best in the league in points allowed at 95.5.

Since adding Kirk, playing Teague and losing those 2 we are giving up 81 points a game (on the road no less).

In front of us are:

Boston - 91.2

Chicago - 92.5

New Orleans - 92.6

Milwaukee - 92.9

Orlando - 94.1

Miami -94.4

Defensive PPG is not the best indicator for gauging how effective our defense has been...you have to do it based on how many possessions the team is averaging. With Mike Bibby, we operated at the fourth lowest pace (27th) in the entire league at 92.1 possessions per game. Yes, we allowed the 7th fewest PPG, but if every team got 100 possession per game, how would the Hawks fare defensively? Because obviously, some nights you will have more possessions than others, you have to normalize things to get a better read for how you are doing across the board.

The Defensive Efficiency stat tells us. It adjusts for pace because you cannot equally compare a team like GS or Phoenix who play fast and garner a ton of possessions (5th and 8th, respectively in pace) with a team like ATL that doesn't have as many possessions (27th). With that said, if every team got 100 possessions, ATL would come out 13th @ 103.5 points given up. So in other words, we are average.

With Hinrich on board, we could feasibly crack the top 10 if Teague continues to play well defensively and Hinrich give us his usual solid D.

If you want to see for yourself, check it out here

Edited to include linkage.

Edited by TheTruth
  • Like 2

So did he let you read him a bed time story at night when you 2 were 10 and sleeping over???

Look man, I like the youngin but if you hug his junk any harder there will be rumors. Just sayin'

Your whole statement really warrants you a warning from the mods but since I know it is not going to happen because they only want to make a big stink of things with the newbies I will just take it in stride, but for the record this insinuation is something that should not be allowed. Lastly, I feel the same way about people in love with Mr. Hinrich when he still has not done a thing to show he is some type of heady floor general, honestly he has been on the floor both games when we gave up huge leads, not Teague and he makes some disturbing TO's to be a vet. Carry on.

Your whole statement really warrants you a warning from the mods but since I know it is not going to happen because they only want to make a big stink of things with the newbies I will just take it in stride, but for the record this insinuation is something that should not be allowed. Lastly, I feel the same way about people in love with Mr. Hinrich when he still has not done a thing to show he is some type of heady floor general, honestly he has been on the floor both games when we gave up huge leads, not Teague and he makes some disturbing TO's to be a vet. Carry on.

To be fair, it does appear that you have some confirmation bias going on. If I recall, from the very moment that it was mentioned we would be obtaining Hinrich, you lambasted the idea and swore that it was a "lateral move." Now you claim his defense is, in effect, overrated while you tear his down to prop Teague's up. So when he does have a bad game defensively (admittedly tonight), you use it as evidence of what you have already proclaimed...when all of history suggests he is a well above average defender and a solid (not spectacular) PG.

As a PG and floor general/commander/leader/whatever who has to learn a whole new offense, it will take time for him to learn his teammates and get the plays down. Learning where to be and what to do; that won't happen overnight.

Hinrich is the better player right now. And until Teague takes another step, plays consistently, and can give us some offensive production (heck anything...the floater is definitely a nice start), that won't change anytime soon. But rest assured, as it pertains to our future, it will indeed have to change. I will definitely agree with you on that.

Notice the effect of my statement. An obvious exxageration and lampooning. Your comments on Teague and Hinrich are so far of a reach that they seem just the same. I love Teague man. I think in 2 years he will be the real deal but there is a reason that 1 year college point guards rarely succeed out of college. The BBIQ required to play the point in the NBA is so much higher than any other position on the floor it's unreal. As shown by the change in the team by just removing Bibby's SPF-3 level defense from the floor, the team is playing out of it's mind defensively. The same is true on the other end of the floor.

When Bibby, Crawford, Joe and at times Teague were running the squad, our bigs eventually went rogue and just started running the break themselves (or worse yet playing facilitator at the top of the key during half court sets) because they could not trust the Guards to beat them down the floor and or give the ball up to a finisher at that end. On what other team in the league are the Center and PF the most effective at running the break? There was a play tonight where Hinrich was on the right side of the floor, took the screen from Josh and drove right. He pulled the Double and didn't even have the ball. He had discretely bounce passed the ball behind his back to Josh on the pick and pop. Josh actually missed the shot because he had no rhythm. When the bounce was head right up into his hands he had a look of absolutely shock on his face that the return pass was there so quickly and on the money. He lazied into position assuming he would have time before getting a return. You can't fault Hinrich. He is just so far ahead of that part of the game right now that it is he that looks out of sync at times. in time, our studs will mesh with him at the point and things will get downright Globetrotter for short stretches (you've seen some of that already).

If you truly love Teague that much than you should be loving this trade. Most PGs in the game have some form of serious flaw in their game. Nash is a weak in a number of defensive areas. Some are bad outside shooters. Some are below average passers, foul prone, etc. In Kirk you have good at all, master of none PG. But he has no glaring deficiency. Teague can truly learn from him by guarding him in practice, working with him in drills on the side, picking his brain, etc. Your boy's best friend should be Kirk Hinrich because it's from learning from someone fundementally sound like Kirk that JT will take that step to having a 12 year career as a starter instead of going the way of Salim.

• Like 2

In front of us are:

Boston - 91.2

Chicago - 92.5

New Orleans - 92.6

Milwaukee - 92.9

Orlando - 94.1

Miami -94.4

Amazing. Who'd have thought? And the unifying factor amongst all those teams ahead of us defensively is that they're all damn good teams (not so shocking) with the exception of da Bucks, who at 22-36 are the obvious oddballs on that list. I would love to see us finish with a top 5 D. That would be a hell of an accomplishment for Coach Drew and this team.

To be fair, it does appear that you have some confirmation bias going on. If I recall, from the very moment that it was mentioned we would be obtaining Hinrich, you lambasted the idea and swore that it was a "lateral move." Now you claim his defense is, in effect, overrated while you tear his down to prop Teague's up. So when he does have a bad game defensively (admittedly tonight), you use it as evidence of what you have already proclaimed...when all of history suggests he is a well above average defender and a solid (not spectacular) PG.

As a PG and floor general/commander/leader/whatever who has to learn a whole new offense, it will take time for him to learn his teammates and get the plays down. Learning where to be and what to do; that won't happen overnight.

Hinrich is the better player right now. And until Teague takes another step, plays consistently, and can give us some offensive production (heck anything...the floater is definitely a nice start), that won't change anytime soon. But rest assured, as it pertains to our future, it will indeed have to change. I will definitely agree with you on that.

Yeah, I just can't see why we need to give this guy every chance in the world but Teague get's very little wiggle room. The guy played 29 minutes last night, got to play through 4 turnovers to 1 assist, got torched on defense for double digits when he only scored 8, that would get Teague sent to the D League, but he needs time. Teague has never gotten time. I am just glad that the nation, commentators included saw last night that Teague affects the game on the defensive end in a positive manner for the Hawks.

B-R. Com lists the 4 Factors for every game in the team's schedule and results section, from there you can see that we've held teams to a 94ppg Offensive Rating over our last two games. If that sample size holds or atleast stays in that vicinity it's a full 11 points below our season average and would put us at 1st in the league by a 4point margin.

Here's hoping.....

Your whole statement really warrants you a warning from the mods but since I know it is not going to happen because they only want to make a big stink of things with the newbies

Funny how a guy who has only been on the site a week is already commenting about the mods.

Hmmmmm

• Like 1

Sorry but we're not online at 3am to moderate but when we do see violations we will warn people for them and have been doing so long before you joined and will be doing so long after you're gone.

Sorry but we're not online at 3am to moderate but when we do see violations we will warn people for them and have been doing so long before you joined and will be doing so long after you're gone.

And honestly I'll take the warning to stop people from constantly hijacking legit threads.