• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Buyouts are killing the Hawks chances.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Bibby to join the Heat.

Murphy to Join the Heat or the Celts.

Buyouts are unfair. We are too broke to sign a bought out player so we're penalized. Miami and Boston have money to burn so they can go get what they need. That's not fair to us.

I hope these guys are slow and unable to contribute.

Plus, the Celts might get Sheed back... What?

• Admin

I am not a fan of the whole buyout thing either. It basically lets solid veterans go ring chasing with a team of their choice. They can sign for the min because the other team that bought them out is paying their way.

The Heat got their big 3 but the rest of their team is crap. This is when they start putting together their roster

• Premium Member

I am not a fan of the whole buyout thing either. It basically lets solid veterans go ring chasing with a team of their choice. They can sign for the min because the other team that bought them out is paying their way.

The Heat got their big 3 but the rest of their team is crap. This is when they start putting together their roster

I think in the new CBA, there should be a LT penalty automatically assessed to teams that pickup Bought out players. I would say 2 Million dollars over and above what the team has already paid for the player... Then you have this team that was built up of superstars, if they want a player like Bibby, they sign him to the min.. 2 Million, if they are already over the LT cap, then they have to pay 4 Million in LT. So Bibby would cost them 6 Million.

Just what the Heat need, somebody who can bury 3's all day. Somebody who can bury clutch shots all day. I saw the end of the Knick/Heat game before our game came on and they were talking about all the 3 point games Miami lost because they didnt have a guy to make the last shot. Well if they get Bibby, problem solved.

Edited by NJHAWK

I think in the new CBA, there should be a LT penalty automatically assessed to teams that pickup Bought out players. I would say 2 Million dollars over and above what the team has already paid for the player... Then you have this team that was built up of superstars, if they want a player like Bibby, they sign him to the min.. 2 Million, if they are already over the LT cap, then they have to pay 4 Million in LT. So Bibby would cost them 6 Million.

I simply want a hard cap.

W

• Premium Member

I agree that the new CBA needs to better handle this, but I disagree that, in reality, it will make a difference in the final outcome, at least this season. If those guys are getting serious minutes, like NineOh, I think that's probably a good thing.

• Premium Member

Just what the Heat need, somebody who can bury 3's all day. Somebody who can bury clutch shots all day. I saw the end of the Knick/Heat game before our game came on and they were talking about all the 3 point games Miami lost because they didnt have a guy to make the last shot. Well if they get Bibby, problem solved.

Heck they have Eddie House now that fills that role.

I agree, this buyout stuff is unfair. And I also agree with NJHAWK, although Bibby probably wore out his welcome in the ATL, he still has a couple of years being that shooter off of the bench. It seems like every playoffs there is the one wily veteran who many thought was done in the league making big shots for a team that is competing for the title. Bibby certainly fits that mold. How many minutes a game can Bibby give them? With his defensive capabilities (or lack thereof) he could go 10-15 minutes a night, with a few DNP's mixed in when he isn't needed. And I understand the Eddie House argument, but when you have a team like the Heat do, with all those superstars who can take it in the lane with as much prevalence as they do, you need more than one shooter on your roster. That is where Bibby comes in. If he does sign with the Heat, and they meet the Hawks in a playoff series, it will be up to LD to make sure to attack him early and often, and put him in one-on-one situations defensively for the amount of time he is out there.

I agree, this buyout stuff is unfair. And I also agree with NJHAWK, although Bibby probably wore out his welcome in the ATL, he still has a couple of years being that shooter off of the bench. It seems like every playoffs there is the one wily veteran who many thought was done in the league making big shots for a team that is competing for the title. Bibby certainly fits that mold. How many minutes a game can Bibby give them? With his defensive capabilities (or lack thereof) he could go 10-15 minutes a night, with a few DNP's mixed in when he isn't needed. And I understand the Eddie House argument, but when you have a team like the Heat do, with all those superstars who can take it in the lane with as much prevalence as they do, you need more than one shooter on your roster. That is where Bibby comes in. If he does sign with the Heat, and they meet the Hawks in a playoff series, it will be up to LD to make sure to attack him early and often, and put him in one-on-one situations defensively for the amount of time he is out there.

EDIT: And on a related note, "Mike Bibby" is the third highest trending topic on Twitter right now. I'm sure many of those people thought he was dead since he was playing in Atlanta, where many of the national analysts forget there is an NBA team. It goes to show, this is a great league, but its really run by just a few teams. If Bibby were to be rumored to be signing with, say Portland, do you think anyone would know or care?

But on the flip side of that is how many points they lose with Bibby on defense...we all know all about that.

Hawks chances will be determined by whether or not they can beat the Orlando Magic in the 1st round or if we can somehow sweep the Bulls and go on a tear to make a run at the 3rd seed.

If we lose to the Heat it will be because of Wade, Bosh and LeBron, not Mike Bibby. He's not the difference now and certainly not the difference years from now.

Honestly the more things are shaping up the more I like our chances 2-3 years from now. Boston will be past their prime, and I think Orlando took a step back with those trades they made.

Hawks will have as good as hot as any team in the East to make the Finals especially if Teague can just develop into an average PG offensively or above average one defensively

OMG...i can't believe you guys are even discussing this. in order for Mike to score, Wade/James/Bosh has to pass him the ball. I'll take Mike shooting on a kick out over James getting and 1's all day long.

Hawks chances will be determined by whether or not they can beat the Orlando Magic in the 1st round or if we can somehow sweep the Bulls and go on a tear to make a run at the 3rd seed.

If we lose to the Heat it will be because of Wade, Bosh and LeBron, not Mike Bibby. He's not the difference now and certainly not the difference years from now.

Honestly the more things are shaping up the more I like our chances 2-3 years from now. Boston will be past their prime, and I think Orlando took a step back with those trades they made.

Hawks will have as good as hot as any team in the East to make the Finals especially if Teague can just develop into an average PG offensively or above average one defensively

Hawks chances will be determined primarily by HEALTH. Our defense is light years better now. But take away 2 pieces (see last night) and that solid D quickly evaporates.

None of these brought out players are that good. Bibby really the only one that would be a need and in a match-up v. the Hawks, we would have the adv at that position by far.