• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I owe an apology.

Diesel

To one Mr. Goofduck Williams Whom I call "Marvelous"

Mr. Williams, I thought you was a flop who could never reach his potential, however, I must say that you're taking steps in the right direction. I know you're not coordinated and you might not come up big on the stat sheet, but play within the offense and play good defense and you'll continue to be the man.

I apologize for doubting you. I hope that having Damien on the team has really lit a fire under you. It should. He's good too... but Drew once said... YOu are the future. Don't take that for granted. Work to earn that!!

_Diesel.

The greatest of welcomes Diesel

Edited by Supporter
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The main thing is if he can gain confidence from this. Then we have two pgs instead of one. He should be getting a consistent 15 minutes a game.

Hell, he should be getting 20 per game. That's 10 minutes a half. When there are 24 minutes per half for the PG position, 10 is not even 1/2 the time. I think it saves Hinrich, it develops Teague and if we must play Craw and if we must play Joe, there's always Marvin's minutes. We don't have a BU Sf and really Marvin doesn't earn the minutes he gets.

The question is how will the minutes look when we play the Big lineup.

The Second question is will we see... America's favorite Hotel... HIlton.. Armstrong?

The greatest of welcomes Diesel

Damn, how did you get a +1 for this... and it was my thread and I got Nadda?

• Like 1

• Admin

The Second question is will we see... America's favorite Hotel... HIlton.. Armstrong?

When all of the other big men are fouled out. I noticed last night when everyone was huddled around the coach for timeouts going over plays...he was off standing away looking at the crowd and couldn't be less interested. That is the right attitude

• Premium Member

When all of the other big men are fouled out. I noticed last night when everyone was huddled around the coach for timeouts going over plays...he was off standing away looking at the crowd and couldn't be less interested. That is the right attitude

I will go back through the game later, but if that's the case, he's stupid.

• Premium Member

I have never understood why we have kept him without giving him consistent minutes.

Our coaches are under horrible pressure to WIN. No time for development when you're trying to finish with a better record than last year. Personally, I don't think we lost a lot giving up Jordan Crawford. However, I'm glad we held on to Teague. Even if he has pictures of LD doing unsightly things, it's good. However, this is the time for Drew to concede that having a great record is not as important and getting his team ready for the playoffs. That's Physical, Mental, Strategical, Chemical, and whatever else it needs to be. At the end of the day, what we do in the playoffs will effect LD's job most. If we drop a few games between now and then.. OK.. Just get in and play well. I think we can compete fiercely with anybody in the east. I would love to see us having depth more than anything. Depth that we have developed.

I've been campaigning for consistent minutes for Jeff since the start of the season. Drew lost some respect in my eyes for not developing youngsters. Hopefully this will change. Consistent minutes and more PT when Teauge's playing well. Marvin and Jamal get around 30 mins even when they're off, this should slightly change too.

I'm not gonna make any bold predictions, rather just an obvious comparison... Not so long ago Rondo had trouble finding his game and some sort of consistency... However, he based his game on great D and running an offense... and look at him now... confidence works miracles!

P.S. OK, obviously Boston's big 3 had something to do with it...

• Premium Member

I'm not gonna make any bold predictions, rather just an obvious comparison... Not so long ago Rondo had trouble finding his game and some sort of consistency... However, he based his game on great D and running an offense... and look at him now... confidence works miracles!

P.S. OK, obviously Boston's big 3 had something to do with it...

Playing for a team with 60 losses as a rookie also had something to do with it - the team was tanking after the All-Star break, and he played more minutes than anyone else on the Celtics in March/April of '07. He was getting big-time defensive props by the end of the season from those who were actually watching the Celtics that year. Teague hasn't had that luxury on a team that's competing for a home-court spot in the playoffs.

That being said, dude's stepped up the past few games. It's great to see. I had high hopes for Teague when he was a rookie last year, thus my campaign to nickname him JT0 (hard to see it, but that's him in a GTO in my avatar). But he has only had a few games where I thought he played well since he got here, and I was really underwhelmed when we trotted him out as a starter twice last year (I don't count the last game of the season, which was basically a scrimmage against the Cavs' garbage squad). To say the least, he disappointed me. Low minutes are an explanation for not producing much offensively, but it's no excuse for defending with your hands instead of moving your feet and reacting to ball fakes like a grasshopper on crack. So unless he was a practice superstar, I definitely see why he didn't earn a regular rotation spot. Giving him PT before would have been PT for the sake of development rather than as a reward for good play. On a playoff team, you can't expect to get that type of PT. Winning games has to be more important than developing projects on 50-win teams.

But the past 3 games, he's been a different player, especially defensively. From the second he hit the floor against Nash, he was moving his feet on defense and being aggressive on offense. His level on offense dipped a bit yesterday, but I frankly don't care too much about his offense at this point. I want Teague for his ability to pressure the ball. He's done that the past three games. I strongly suspect it's because the trade lit a fire under his butt and made him realize that the window for him to establish himself is not closed, but it won't be open for too much longer, because the team had decided to look outside the roster for an answer at PG.

He's earned a spot in the rotation for the next few games. Hopefully he plays well enough to keep it through the end of the season and beyond. I hadn't given up hope on him before, which is why he stayed in my avatar, my frustration with him notwithstanding. It's good to feel like there's a reason to hope again...

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

Playing for a team with 60 losses as a rookie also had something to do with it - the team was tanking after the All-Star break, and he played more minutes than anyone else on the Celtics in March/April of '07. He was getting big-time defensive props by the end of the season from those who were actually watching the Celtics that year. Teague hasn't had that luxury on a team that's competing for a home-court spot in the playoffs.

That being said, dude's stepped up the past few games. It's great to see. I had high hopes for Teague when he was a rookie last year, thus my campaign to nickname him JT0 (hard to see it, but that's him in a GTO in my avatar). But he has only had a few games where I thought he played well since he got here, and I was really underwhelmed when we trotted him out as a starter twice last year (I don't count the last game of the season, which was basically a scrimmage against the Cavs' garbage squad). To say the least, he disappointed me. Low minutes are an explanation for not producing much offensively, but it's no excuse for defending with your hands instead of moving your feet and reacting to ball fakes like a grasshopper on crack. So unless he was a practice superstar, I definitely see why he didn't earn a regular rotation spot. Giving him PT before would have been PT for the sake of development rather than as a reward for good play. On a playoff team, you can't expect to get that type of PT.

But the past 3 games, he's been a different player, especially defensively. From the second he hit the floor against Nash, he was moving his feet on defense and being aggressive on offense. His level on offense dipped a bit yesterday, but I frankly don't care too much about his offense at this point. I want Teague for his ability to pressure the ball. He's done that the past three games. I strongly suspect it's because the trade lit a fire under his butt and made him realize that the window for him to establish himself is not closed, but it won't be open for too much longer, because the team had decided to look outside the roster for an answer at PG.

He's earned a spot in the rotation for awhile. Hopefully he plays well enough to keep it. I hadn't given up hope on him before, which is why he stayed in my avatar, my frustration with him notwithstanding. It's good to feel like there's a reason to hope again...

Agreed!

Sure, Teague needs polishing as far as playmaking is concerned... but with more routine and confidence he could turn into a solid player.

Anyway, LD must find a way to give him at least 15 mpg...

Its been two, maybe three games that Teague has played well. Why don't we just throw away all the other indicators that say Teague sucks and conclude he is a better player now.

Yes players can change, but players also have fluctuations. How about we wait a little bit before unflopping Teague?

• Premium Member

No reason Teague should have not been playing all along. The kid just needs minutes and he was awesome against Portland in the first quarter. When the Hawks run with Teague at the point they are tough to stop!

Over his last 4 games Teague is 7-25 from the field. I would hold off on that apology if i was you Diesel.

Speaking truth to power like always.

The reality is Teague can do good things for us when he's in with the main starting 4. But for now, he's got a way to go before he can stand on his own...tonight shows that.