• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Lakers

DJlaysitup

I'm looking for us to bounce back tonight and get some respect back.

Good start will be a key. No need to worry about coming out asleep tonight...just hopefully the guys won't be overly pumped up and off with the shooting as often happens . Solid D should keep us in the game.

If we can take the crowd out of the game early I think we can beat these guys! :popcorn:

• Like 3

Good post DJ, it's about time somebody realizes that the Hawks have a chance to prove themselves. The past topics on this forum have all been about singling out one single player whether it is Joe, Josh, Horf, or even Marvin. Hawksquawk is about as bad as the Hawks themselves when it comes to being up and down. We have some fans who hate the team when they lose, and others who talk championship when they win. The matter of fact is that the Hawks still have the rest of the season and the playoffs (hopefully) to prove people right and wrong.

Edited by Supporter
  • Like 1

I'm looking for us to bounce back tonight and get some respect back.

Good start will be a key. No need to worry about coming out asleep tonight...just hopefully the guys won't be overly pumped up and off with the shooting as often happens . Solid D should keep us in the game.

If we can take the crowd out of the game early I think we can beat these guys! :popcorn:

LOL...kinda funny (but true) reading that when it's a home game!!

Edited by buckeye242424

like someone else said its gonna be like the staple center tonight. Im expecting alot of MVP chants for kobe. This will be a very UGLY game for the hawks .

the lakers got alot of momentum. Did yall see what they did to the spurs??? Lakers havent lost since the all star break. The lakers have too much size for the hawks. The last 2 visits we won they didnt have bynum. Im sorry but i dont see anyway the hawks can win this especially the way they been playing lately at home.

I predict we lose by 15+

I hope im wrong

Edited by yungsta

like someone else said its gonna be like the staple center tonight. Im expecting alot of MVP chants for kobe. This will be a very UGLY game for the hawks .

the lakers got alot of momentum. Did yall see what they did to the spurs??? Lakers havent lost since the all star break. The lakers have too much size for the hawks. The last 2 visits we won they didnt have bynum. Im sorry but i dont see anyway the hawks can win this especially the way they been playing lately at home.

I predict we lose by 15+

I hope im wrong

Well the Hawks are bipolar which is why its hard for me to say we will definitely loss. IMO the Hawks being bipolar is the reason why the Hawks don't get much love from analyst, reporters, tv stations etc....Analyst and reporters like to act like they know exactly what they are talking about and can predict the future, and with not knowing which Hawks team will show up on any given night, makes it hard to put your faith in them.

I think the Hawks will pull the shocker tonight though :popcorn: :clapping:

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

The Hawks will have to get out an run to beat this Lakers team.

Both Bynum and Gasol are playing well as of late. Teams with size cause the Hawks problems. I hope we don't turn it into a game of

H-O-R-S-E with us hoisting up jumpers all game.

I'd like to see Collins start this game unless we come out with a obvious attitude and game plan to play at a quicker pace with the usual starters.

Edited by coachx

Can we get some of those wugala things from the world cup and blow them whenever the opposing team has the ball. Maybe then the atlanta laker fans will not be so obnoxious.

Vuvuzela.... please no.

• Moderators

The Phillips crowd is just fine when the Hawks are showing pride and taking down a big man. It is when we start looking weak and falling behind that the out-of-town fans take over. When we beat Chicago, for example, that crowd wasn't a problem and Chicago may have the leading MVP candidate.

• Like 1

:stirthepot:

Hawks will keep it pretty close for 3 quarters. If their shots are falling, that is. If they are not,

we can expect a long night.

Then, in the 4th quarter, the opponents will tighten up their defense and pull away for a nice,

easy victory. Expect the final score to be 110-88 with Atlanta on the short end.

:roulette:

The Phillips crowd is just fine when the Hawks are showing pride and taking down a big man. It is when we start looking weak and falling behind that the out-of-town fans take over. When we beat Chicago, for example, that crowd wasn't a problem and Chicago may have the leading MVP candidate.

You are right...if the Bulls were winning that game by a big margin you would have heard the same reaction as the NYC game.

• Moderators

Hawks will keep it pretty close for 3 quarters. If their shots are falling, that is. If they are not,

Then, in the 4th quarter, the opponents will tighten up their defense and pull away for a nice,

easy victory. Expect the final score to be 110-88 with Atlanta on the short end.

old-man-crystal-ball.jpg?w=372

Maybe I'm just too much of a pessimist but I really see no shot at us beating the Lakers when they've got a healthy front court, especially not when ours features an injured Josh Smith who probably shouldn't be out there playing. They're just far too intimidating in the paint and they'll lock up Joe with Artest or Kobe and he'll be shut down and we're almost certain to lose by double-digits. I really hope that we'll come out and play with the fire that we do from time to time where it looks like we're unbeatable but that team is so rare to see this year, especially at home, that I am unwilling to get my hopes up for seeing it.

Whoa there Gray. When I see your name posted, I always expect optimism. Sad day for the board with you predicting a home team blowout.

Maybe I'm just too much of a pessimist but I really see no shot at us beating the Lakers when they've got a healthy front court, especially not when ours features an injured Josh Smith who probably shouldn't be out there playing. They're just far too intimidating in the paint and they'll lock up Joe with Artest or Kobe and he'll be shut down and we're almost certain to lose by double-digits. I really hope that we'll come out and play with the fire that we do from time to time where it looks like we're unbeatable but that team is so rare to see this year, especially at home, that I am unwilling to get my hopes up for seeing it.

Does anybody remember when we trashed these guys last year? They were at full strength (I'm pretty sure Bynum played) and Al was in foul trouble for the majority. Joe was giving Kobe fits defensively. We were clicking on all 12 cylinders like a 600 Benz. This team is certainly schizophrenic, but the Lakers are as well, with a front line, although long as the day and wildly skilled (in Gasol's case) is extremely soft IMO. Here's to our long-time core of four to play like gangbusters for 48 minutes and maybe get a mention on Sportscenter tonight.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Lights, Camera, and REation! Let's BOUNCE BACK . They had a day off, I see the hawks coming out with great energy on both sides of the ball. We match up well with the lakers, so it should be a win. GO HAWKZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping: " LETS GO DEFENSE"!

Edited by QuantumHawkz

Does anybody remember when we trashed these guys last year? They were at full strength (I'm pretty sure Bynum played) and Al was in foul trouble for the majority. Joe was giving Kobe fits defensively. We were clicking on all 12 cylinders like a 600 Benz. This team is certainly schizophrenic, but the Lakers are as well, with a front line, although long as the day and wildly skilled (in Gasol's case) is extremely soft IMO. Here's to our long-time core of four to play like gangbusters for 48 minutes and maybe get a mention on Sportscenter tonight.

They're not soft when Bynum is playing well. Look at his block log the past several games ... 3, 6, 2, 5, 1, 1, 3 (Hawks). And his rebounding totals ... 17, 17, 7, 10, 11, 4, 15 (Hawks).

Over that same time frame Gasol has posted 1, 2, 0, 0, 2, 1, 2 (Hawks) blocks and 6, 10, 17, 11, 5, 14, 10 (Hawks) rebounds.

So combined that is 4, 8, 2, 5, 3, 2, 5 (Hawks) blocks and 23, 27, 24, 21, 16, 18 and 25 (Hawks) rebounds in each game from Gasol and Bynum together.

They put up 25 rebounds and 5 blocks against us ... Horford and Smith had 12 rebounds and 2 blocks.

Now, we can absolutely match that with Horford and Smith when they're both playing up to their abilities but with Smith being banged up and playing cautiously and the way that we played outside of the paint against the Lakers last time I don't have much hope that we'll be able to match them in the paint.