• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

A normal Man gets Wiser as he ages right? Then how do we explain Josh?

MoBetta

People dont just get smarter from aging. You have to LEARN FROM YOUR EXPERIENCES. Josh has probably never gotten a decent education and was probably coddled thru High School since he was an elite athelete.

He just has a very low level of intellegence. You will hear Drew talk about not settling for jumpshots and the VERY NEXT GAME, Josh's first shot will be what?..........a long jump shot. Only in proffl sports can u get away with

such behavior. If my boss told me to stop doing something and I just ignored him and kept doing it over and over, I would be out on my @ss.

Didn't Smith have a letter of intent to Indiana? I think he's a smart guy that just wasn't taught how to play team basketball. He desperately wants to be THE GUY on the Hawks, but his ego is getting in his way of being a solid professional basketball player. Many of us have said it, but if Josh had a little more Marvin in him and Marvin had a little more Josh, we'd have a hell of a set of forwards.

There are rumblings that Josh wouldn't have made it to Indiana because of academic issues. Not so sure if I believe it, but having a letter or intent certainly is not proof of being smart. But spot on for the rest of the post, Josh has a huge ego of wanting to be this great NBA player. I always think back to him and the dunk contest and Josh claiming "I don't want to be labeled a dunker" as to why he doesn't want to compete in it anymore. Yeah Josh, people label Kobe and Vince as just "dunkers" because they won the dunk contest...

Seven years and not a lick of basketball acumen. Let's face it...no coach has stood up to him. He feels he can get by on athletic talent alone. I mean JUST ONCE could he throw a two handed pass? Does he even know what an outlet pass is? He lacks basic fundamentals and feel for the game. Two years of college would have done him wonders. Assuming he could get into one.

"Assuming he could get into one." Actually, Josh recieved an award for maintaining the highest GPA as a senior at Oak Hill Academy. And was headed to Indiana University before he decided to go pro. Just so you know. Edited by terrell

"Assuming he could get into one." Actually, Josh recieved an award for maintaining the highest GPA as a senior at Oak Hill Academy. And was headed to Indiana University before he decided to go pro. Just so you know.

So he's the smartest of the dumbest, that doesn't reveal enough information. Oak Hill isn't known for producing the brightest minds or even being that bright of an institution. Example has been attached from a simple google search.

Yes, Oak Hill has a section of "Addmissions", you know like how you "add" students as a part of some sort of a "mission" but do it multiple time"s"?

post-781-064736900 1299791120_thumb.png

So he's the smartest of the dumbest, that doesn't reveal enough information. Oak Hill isn't known for producing the brightest minds or even being that bright of an institution. Example has been attached from a simple google search.

Yes, Oak Hill has a section of "Addmissions", you know like how you "add" students as a part of some sort of a "mission" but do it multiple time"s"?

And this post reveals information? Fyi, he was also a bright student at McCeachern.

Takes his frustrations out on the backboard by throwing bullets off of them?

Well you gotta admit...he put some mustard on the ball !! I would have had to dive into it to hit the backboard that hard from center court.

Honestly, I saw one of those but missed the other...the compilation with the other announcers was HILARIOUS :biggrin:

As far as brains go...I really don't care. This isn't Jeopardy. Coachability (or lack thereof) is more important IMO, and Smoove certainly isn't the only guilty party in that regard.

• Moderators

Aptitude in the classroom is not necessarily correlated with basketball IQ on the floor. If we learned Shawn Bradley was a great student and that Jason Kidd could barely pass his classes, would that shock anyone?

I don't see the point in discussing Josh's academic credentials especially when he apparently good some good grades in HS.

Why not just discuss his basketball IQ instead of jumping to personal insults about his overall intelligence?

For all Josh's problems on the floor - and I know I am a big critic at times - I see a lot of the same repeat patterns with our other players, too.

Joe won't drive or draw fouls. Marvin won't be aggressive, etc. Unfortunately, most of the guys on our team have some obvious glaring issues that you could try to label them dumb for not correcting. I don't see the need to single out Josh's intelligence.

• Like 1