Magic

Celtics

Rockets

Spurs...

I say 2-2.

Wins over the Celtics and Rockets.

Close game against Magic.

What do you say?

BTW, if we sweep the Magic this year, do we stand a chance of beating them in the POs.

A few weeks ago I posted saying I hoped we faced the Heat rather than Magic in the playoffs. At the time the Heat were on a losing streak and it made sense. Since then the Heat creamed the Hawks. So now I do think the best chance we have in the playoffs is against the Magic. Not sure the big trade really helped them. But, I don't see them winning it. At best a close game against the Magic.

So we got beat recently by the Spurs, but Duncan is out. (But maybe he was out the night they blew the Hawks away-fuzzy memory.) So I still think we lose to them.

We lose to Boston should beat the Rocket. So I'm afraid I'd say 1-3.

Edited by Randy

Is Joe out vs. any of the teams? If not, I think we could realistically go 3-1. The Spurs are struggling right now, but as always, we can beat any team IF we move the ball and play hard for 48 minutes. If we get into the ISO game and play like we're sleep-walking most of the game, we go 1-3. I think the Magic game is bigger than we all might think since it'll be a confidence builder or crusher going into the playoff series against them.

0-4. All of those teams are better than us, or in the Rockets' case, neck and neck with a better scoring option than any we have. I'll take us against any inferior team, never against better. Having Joe or not makes little difference and Duncan being out still shouldn't affect the mental edge of past and present dominance that San An has over us.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

With or without Joe: 1-3 with a win vs. Orlando.

Spurs are going to give us the business. Rockets always play hard. I'd say a win vs. Boston, but it's on national TV. That means another embarrassing, nationwide blowout. Expect half of our team to go MIA sometime after the first quarter (probably at about the 10 minute mark in the 1st).

...but I will watch every minute of every game, up until we completely lose it.

A few weeks ago I posted saying I hoped we faced the Heat rather than Magic in the playoffs. At the time the Heat were on a losing streak and it made sense. Since then the Heat creamed the Hawks. So now I do think the best chance we have in the playoffs is against the Magic. Not sure the big trade really helped them. But, I don't see them winning it. At best a close game against the Magic.

So we got beat recently by the Spurs, but Duncan is out. (But maybe he was out the night they blew the Hawks away-fuzzy memory.) So I still think we lose to them.

We lose to Boston should beat the Rocket. So I'm afraid I'd say 1-3.

Dont feel bad. I actually saw some people saying they wanted Chicago in the 1st rd. lol. Said they were the best matchup. Sure about that? I know it was one game, but LD couldnt adjust his zipper, much less in a 7 game series vs. MVP,and Thibodeau's defense. Hawks vs Orlando is a toss up. Whoever's making their jumpshots win. Plain and simple.

"Is Joe out vs any of those teams?" If he is, "I think we could realistically go 3-1." Better ball movement and less iso's. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Moderators

4 games against above-.500 opponents who will still be striving to clinch something. 3 games at home, 1 in front of a national TV audience. Yeah, 0-4 sounds about right. What will be the average margin in the home losses? Best shot I see will be the Spurs, but that will depend on the health of Timmy and Manu and (I'll go ahead and say) Joe.

~lw3

i say 3-1(lose against either spurs or boston)we can beat magics hawks have alot of confidence against them,hawks can beat magics without joe did it before with no D bibby. Confidence is huge come playoff time.just pray and hope j smith keeps going inside for most of his shots like he been doing for 2 games,Can he make it 3games?

I'd love to see us beat the Celtics and believe we may even have a realistic shot at doing that, because they are really struggling too right now and really have not been the same team since the Kendrick Perkins trade. So that would be a big win, and obviously beating Orlando would too. With the playoffs coming right up, beating (or at the very least losing in a respectable manner to) potential playoff opponents could do nothing but help the confidence of this team so far as the playoffs go.

The other two teams I don't really care about, though it would be awesome to beat both of them- and again, we have a chance. From what I understand, Tim Duncan is very likely to miss our game against the Spurs and in fact might sit the rest of the season till playoff time, dependent upon if/when they clinch the #1 seed out West, and they've got a 4 game lead with 9 to play. The Spurs have lost three in a row and have uncharacteristically been giving up tons of points in Duncan's absence, so they're at least semi-beatable right now, although I don't know that *we're* a team good enough to beat them even if Duncan's not playing. The Rockets should be tough because they're fighting for a playoff spot, and they're another team that can really light up the scoreboard and are the highest scoring team in the NBA.

I'll say we go 3-1, beating BOS, HOU and ORL. :D I have no idea why I would even predict that (maybe I'm a glutton for punishment?), but that was my initial thought so that's what I am rolling with. 3-1. Let's go Hawks. Gett'er done, dudes!

We need Joe versus Orlando, regardless of what you all say. We need that size/athleticism against them, and Collins needs to (SOMEHOW) draw 2 quick fouls on Howard. Or put Zaza in, give the ball to him inside 4 straight plays, and you will either have 4 Howard fouls, 4 travels, 4 Zaza offensive fouls, or 4 good laughs.

Celtics is the game i'm really most scared of, even though I see us losing to the Rockets (Not because I think they're better, but because i think they will want the win a ton more, and they are looking good lately). Without Perkins though, they lost a lot of physical presence, let Zaza bully Krstic a little, while Horford and Smith get athletic and wear the Celtics out. Stay on Ray Allen all game and I will be happy. I have a feeling Joe will go off against the Celtics.

3-1. Loss to the Rockets because Kevin Martin will get to the line 22 times, compared to the Hawks getting to the line 14 as a team.

Spurs will be resting completely, so unless we let Bonner beat us, we have it. Hinrich Vs. Parker and Teague Vs. George Hill will go a long way towards showing our PG situation (and Dres's mind to see if he actually let's Teague log minutes versus Hill).

I have faith.

• Like 1

Hawks are a strange team - very strange. Sometimes, and they have been doing it a lot lately,

they do not play as a team, just everyone doing his own thing.

If the Hawk shooters are hot, they're a handful for any NBA team. If they're cold, they are an easy W.

JJ is not the JJ of old. He has always been a volume shooter - scorer. So is Crawford. JJ's % of

scoring isn't much different. Just that, without the ball, he is a lesser player.

Can we get Captain Kirk and Jeff T. both in the games enough to matter? Coach wants Crawford

to succeed so much, he is willing to sacrafice JT. Either a dnp-coaches decision or garbage time

only. Sure, he makes mistakes. Inexperienced. But, his speed - quickness will be needed.

Another factor. Just how bad does our opponent want to win? Critical answer in all 4 games.

Any number of possibilities exist from losing them all to winning them all. With our current status

as a team, 2-2 wouldn't be bad. Anything more would be great. 1-3 is more realistic.

Whether JJ plays or not, makes little difference. Hawks can win with him or without him. He

is no longer the key as to whether we win or not. And that's sad for us. He could be.

1-3

:thankyou:

Edited by Gray Mule

C'mon guys, geeze.... We've seen some of these teams lose to a lesser quality club than us, very recently. We've clinched a playoff spot, that is pressure relief, and we've won two in a row...I'm saying 2-2 and the optimist and homer in myself 3-1. Have some faith we might turn some heads heading into the playoffs.