• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ric Bucher says

APE

Vinnie (ATL)

Should Hawks management take dynamite to this roster over the summer? The Hawks have no ceiling.

Ric Bucher (1:49 PM)

I'm told the Hawks will make major changes before the next time we play if they don't make at least a strong second-round showing this year in the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37651/nba-with-ric-bucher

I don't trust Ric Bucher since the "Kobe wanted out off LA thing" and he was adamant that Kobe wouldn't never wear the purple and gold again. Besides haven't we on this board all talked about major changes to the roster if the Hawks don't have a good showing in the playoffs. Nothing new here.

I don't trust Ric Bucher since the "Kobe wanted out off LA thing" and he was adamant that Kobe wouldn't never wear the purple and gold again. Besides haven't we on this board all talked about major changes to the roster if the Hawks don't have a good showing in the playoffs. Nothing new here.

He might have had ammo at the time but it didn't go down. It happens often in the NBA. That's what many fans don't realize. Deals are on the table but stall quite often.

He might have had ammo at the time but it didn't go down. It happens often in the NBA. That's what many fans don't realize. Deals are on the table but stall quite often.

He did have ammo, and Kobe wanted guarantees Buss and company would spend money and build a contender. Never is to strong a word but Kobe hated barely being a 8th seed before and after Shaq was traded away and he would not have stayed if Shaq would have been kept either.

Back on topic. This team could very well be blown up. Would not shock me at all given how high our payroll is, how broke our ownership is, and how mediocre this team has been in the playoffs. No one will be safe and all three of our best players ( JJ, Horford, Smoove ) could be sent packing for draft picks, a few prospects, and change. If we cannot get out of the 2nd round why not get back into lotteryville on the cheap and start all over?

Edited by Buzzard

About the only real major change we would/could realistically make is trading Josh Smith. So saying changes will come would be that Smoove and Drew are gone. I don't see ASG firing LD after one season whether he deserve it or not.

I think that you are right about that. Don't know what is fair value for Josh?

Vinnie (ATL)

Should Hawks management take dynamite to this roster over the summer? The Hawks have no ceiling.

Ric Bucher (1:49 PM)

I'm told the Hawks will make major changes before the next time we play if they don't make at least a strong second-round showing this year in the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/s...with-ric-bucher

I realize this is a bit O.T. and anal...but C'mon Vinnie! When you say "the Hawks have no ceiling", what you are saying is "the sky is the limit". What you mean is "the Hawks have hit their ceiling (with these players)". I will give Vinnie credit for getting the i before e except after c thing right though.

I did think it was interesting that Bucher said "before the next time we play" instead of next season. I think those somewhat in the know realize that next season is REALLY in jeopardy. Hope not.

Add to the labor situation the fact that the ASG is entertaining purchase offers for the team and it's basically impossible to predict anything much past this year's playoffs.