• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else have the feeling that we're playing possum?

Admin

Is there an image of Bibby someplace that I forgot about or is that what you guys were saying you want to see?? Somewhere Muhammad Ali is smiling after watching the Hawks play tonight.

Unless my Hawksquawk skin is off for some reason, the banner at the top of the forum still as Bibby in between Josh wanting to punch someone and Zaza consoling Williams for being shopped around this offseason. Someone suggested to put a possum over him, I wish I could remember who said it because its a great idea in my opinion.*I see my skin was set to 3.1 and you have a new 3.2 for the playoffs. I changed mine, but I still say there should be a possum hidden somewhere on the site (in addition to your new signature, nice!) Edited by hawksfanatic

Unless my Hawksquawk skin is off for some reason, the banner at the top of the forum still as Bibby in between Josh wanting to punch someone and Zaza consoling Williams for being shopped around this offseason. Someone suggested to put a possum over him, I wish I could remember who said it because its a great idea in my opinion.

Oh you're probably using the old Hawksquawk skin since it didn't have the scoreboard. If I have time I will see about updating it but that's not the default skin for the site anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I mean let's be real here for a minute, there is NO WAY that we're really this bad that we'd lose 6 games in a row unless we didn't care enough to really try and win the games. I just have the feeling that we decided to coast once our 5th position was locked up and that maybe we're trying to lull the Magic into a false sense of security and come into the playoffs as the underdogs. I guess time will tell whether or not we are truly capable of flipping the switch come playoff time but for some strange reason I am feeling very optimistic. :alcoholic:

Here's our 2011 playoffs mascot ...

Posted Image

I thought this possum thing was horse poo. Now I believe!
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators

I would just play it out and try to avoid any major injuries. For Al, I suspect he is having some problems getting up to speed and would just keep having him rehab with an eye towards getting healthy first and getting ready to play second.

• Premium Member

I would just play it out and try to avoid any major injuries. For Al, I suspect he is having some problems getting up to speed and would just keep having him rehab with an eye towards getting healthy first and getting ready to play second.

Agreed. Just play it out. No marathon 4 OT games though. The Celts look like they are sitting some of their starters tonight and perhaps the rest of the regular season, so we should have home court at least through the First Round. Al needs to take his time 'if' he truly is having strength/endurance issues with his injured shoulder/pectoral muscle. Getting Zaza back in time for the First Round is more important IMHO. A part of me is calling 'possum' on Horf because I'm pretty sure both stretching and strength training were part of the first phase of his rehab. I guess we'll have to wait and see. It would indeed be an AWESOME Playoff moment if he comes out of the tunnel in uniform looking like the Incredible Hulk! Posted Image
  • Like 1