• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In This Series I Dont Fear the Magic

BusBoyIsBack

The key to the Hawks dominance over the Magic this season is neutralizing Dwight Howard and keeping a guy like Horford on the floor and actual size advantage in our favor.

I'm afraid that Jason Collins and the team as a whole may get hosed in the post-season as far as defending Dwight Howard. I fear they may call bogus fouls on him in the playoffs like they did last year. Dwight Howard will get away with obvious offensive fouls and Collins will get called for horrible defensive fouls.

I don't think it's because Stern is rigging against us, I just think psychologically people don't seem to understand how we could go from worst beat down in league history to beating the Magic, that's why no one has picked us to win this series. And so many don't even have it going past 5 games.

Fact of the matter is we are a FAR better matchup than we were against them in the past

In fact, we should win. We are a far better road team this year than in year's past. And if we didn't mail it in the end of the season we would have had a winning road record for the first time in eons.

Our team is not afraid of them anymore and they have given us bulletin board material as if we needed it given the motivation of last year.

I just hope the refs let the players decide this and not disrespect Twin just because he's going up against a superstar

• Like 3

Something to consider: I wouldn't expect the refs to be too nice to Dwight considering how many T's he's racked up these season. Refs league-wide know who the leader in tech's is, especially when it's a player of Dwight's caliber.

When a player is complaining all game and throwing tantrums they aren't very likely to get the calls.

Something to consider: I wouldn't expect the refs to be too nice to Dwight considering how many T's he's racked up these season. Refs league-wide know who the leader in tech's is, especially when it's a player of Dwight's caliber.

When a player is complaining all game and throwing tantrums they aren't very likely to get the calls.

It is kind of interesting how Dwight has become a technical foul machine overnight.

But I can't help but think the officiating will be biased in Orlando's favorite because of this:

FS_1AM_NBA_51010_WORST_BEATDOWNS.jpg

It is kind of interesting how Dwight has become a technical foul machine overnight.

But I can't help but think the officiating will be biased in Orlando's favorite because of this:

But to be fair...we don't hold the record for highest PPG differential in a First Round playoff series. We did it in the second round. That has to count for something :thankyou:

We all know Dwight will get the calls... but I feel that with the way we have played Dwight this year that we might actually get the benefit of the doubt (Collins, not Zaza) when guarding Dwight.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope I'm right.

ugh its not only embarrassing that we made that list twice but we made the record for playoff beat down two years in a ROW SMH

this is a big red sign that this team needs to be blown the F**K UP i am so tired of sitting and watching us get beat down everytime we play a winning team in the playoffs

Edited by yungsta

yeah, seeing that pisses me off too. Most ppl forget about the Cavs series because we had a little effort in game 3 but overall we quit in that series too. That sucks and shows a lack of pride that exists in this locker room, even b4 the Drew era. Smh

• Premium Member

And some people still defend Woody. Good grief... all the Hawks did with the man is make history for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

Last year was last year, it's over. Sure it was frustrating and embarrassing, but it's done. This Magic team isn't the same team that dismantled us. Hedo and J-Rich are not VC and Rashard. It's a whole different dynamic and a totally different team. They're not the same Magic of old...