• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 1: Atlanta @ Orlando (4/16/11)

Hawked

Game 1

I hope we come out strong right out of the box. Sometimes when we start out strong defensively we tend to be so jacked up we shoot poorly - but I'll take that over being tentative and letting them get a big early lead. I hope Etan ate his Wheaties this morning because I think we may end up needing him.

GO HAWKS!

The only fact is that the Hawks are consistent in being inconsistent. That we know for a fact. The million dollar question is which Hawks team are we getting. You usually can tell by the end of the 1st qt or midway through the 2nd, which team is going to show up.

Sorry can't believe in this team yet. They have fooled me too many times that last couple of seasons. So I expect the Magic will win in 4. Hopefully I will be wrong.

Unfortunately I have to put up with these Magic fans since I live in Orlando. Last year went to the first two games wearing Hawks t-shirt and hat never felt more embarrassed in my life. There was nothing I could say to defend my team. I just got abused by all my friends and Magic fans.

This year went to the two games in the regular season (by the way best arena in the NBA, awesome) which were good games and we won one of them and extremely competitive in the other. However, playoffs are another level. Just don't know if this team has the backbone to rise up to match the Magic's energy. So I'm probably not going to the games to get abused again.

Oh Hell I will probably end up going. Hawks please prove me wrong in my prediction.

Go Hawks.

P

What amazes me is how so many hawks fans are always vouching for the other team .

Its not the same Magic team to say we have to match there energy when we dont even know who will show is is simply Hawks fan looking for excuses to bail.

Last year it was they dominated us in the regular season will they fight back in the post season if we meet them

Now this year we dominate the regular season and its will we match what they bring when they really havent brought anything against us ?

I think they will show up in a big way now that they are playing for something

One thing I think we have in our favor this year is the expectations on THEM. If we can snag one of the first two games (and be competitive in the other one), we may put some fear into them.

We aren't the only team in the NBA that can choke due to expectations...(although we may have more experience at it than most).

What amazes me is how so many hawks fans are always vouching for the other team .

Its not the same Magic team to say we have to match there energy when we dont even know who will show is is simply Hawks fan looking for excuses to bail.

Last year it was they dominated us in the regular season will they fight back in the post season if we meet them

Now this year we dominate the regular season and its will we match what they bring when they really havent brought anything against us ?

I think they will show up in a big way now that they are playing for something

Evidently you haven't watched this Hawks team this to think they are going to win because Orlando isn't as good, you are sadly mistaken.

This Hawks team has not proved anything ever. What have they done? We are all waiting. And this Hawks team is worse than last year.

I hope I have to eat crow, but I have been led down this road many times before only to be disappointed.

Do I think they have a chance of winning absolutely, but they never have come through to give me blind confidence like some Hawk fans.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I'm tired of getting fooled. Now this team needs to go out there and prove it to me. They need to show me why I love this team, because this second half of the season this team has been horrible to watch. So, before you bash other people for thinking the Magic may win, take a closer look at this Hawks team of this year.

Joe needs to let go of the headband, it hasn't brought him luck in ages. He can't possibly be that vain about his waves not matching in the back of his head. Collins needs to take that "cortisol" shot in his ankle and ball out, ESPN reported he's been receiving treatment all day.

Hinrich goes out and Nelson goes off. Crawford is so worthless at everything other than scoring.

I'm sure we all knew it was coming too as soon as Hinrich went out. Thankfully Jamal is shooting so well tonight to help balance out his poor defense.

• Premium Member

It's crazy how collins has no rebounds nor points but impacts the game so much. It takes greatness to do that. Not even Pape Sy can do that.

Collins had several seasons near the top of adjusted +/-. He's been the hero of the game IMHO.

Hinrich goes out and Nelson goes off. Crawford is so worthless at everything other than scoring.

actually when Hinrich went out Jameer already had all but one of the Magics 3rd quarter points .

He went off but what was the score at the end of the quarter ? ahhhh so he scored a few baskets but it didnt have any impact right ?

Edited by Crank