• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 1: Atlanta @ Orlando (4/16/11)

Hawked

Great game! I think we still need to focus on going inside more. We got lucky this game that we were actually hitting shots, but you all know how streaky we can be.

The team played an all-around good game though. The only two players who really had anything going for them were Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard. As soon as Hinrich went out, Nelson went off. Jamal was hitting tough shots out there to make up for his lack of defense. I like the approach to the game, and I liked how Josh Smith played offensively. He was looking to get the ball inside and then out. If he can continue to play like that, I believe it'll be very big for us in this series. I expected a game like this from Joe Johnson, and he is holding up his end well. I saw a couple of tough floaters drop that were beautiful. Overall, I can't imagine anyone other than Dwight really capable of hurting us consistently. This should be an interesting series with us going to Atlanta up a game.

Edited by EazyRoc

• Moderators

Great game! I think we still need to focus on going inside more. We got lucky this game that we were actually hitting shots, but you all know how streaky we can be.

It seems like we did a better job with passing up long jumpers to go more inside in the 3rd quarte (although it would be nice to see us trying to draw contact - especially from Dwight - rather than driving in and moving to avoid contact).

We killed the Hawks many times this year, and rightfully so, for not playing smart and energetically. Seems they know how to pick their spots. Intelligent, team play and adherence to the gameplan from everyone. It's quite difficult to guard the three point line for an entire game, especially a team that shoots 25 a game. We did that, with a few open misses to help out. I am very critical of Drew and Joe. Got nothing but good to say about the guys' playoff opener together. All I ask is 8 free throw attempts from Joe to fortify his game, and a good gameplan and adjustments from Drew in a win. Check.

Let's Go. Tuesday, Jamal for 30, 24 good, hard fouls for Etan, Josh, Twin, and Z. Van Gundy has no idea how to devise a rythym when the clock is stopping so much and his PG has a problem facilitating., let alone the fact that when we can set our defense so much, our total length is huge, evidenced by the starting five getting a steal and Sloppy Handling Dwight turning it over 8 times. Headed back to Phillips sitting right. Hell Yeah.

Edited by benhillboy