Bulls-Pacers game showed me everything I need to know about the Hawks

Joker

No matter how hard we play, how good we are on that night, without a superstar who can just take over the 4th, we do not stand a chance at a title. Not saying I didn't know this already but any sense of optimism just went out the window. I don't even care what happens in this series with Orlando. Win or lose, we need a superstar and plus this team plays horrible basketball and they don't believe in themselves. I am waiting for the Atlanta Dream season to start. They have Angel Mccoughtry aka the female Kobe. Sancho Lyttle, she's a rebounding machine. Erika de Souza is a true center who's tough as nails. Iziane Castro Marques is lighting quick and can score. She's like Barbosa but much better fundamentals and overall ability given gender differences. Shalee Lehning is solid PG who is a great passer and we traded for Lindsey Harding who is one of the best PG's in the WNBA and the former #1 pick is a high caliber player. I can't wait, they went to the WNBA Finals last season and even more is expected this season.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 2

Im not the biggest JJ fan but when he is on he is pretty damn close to a superstar.

Joe is like Pau Gasol, great robin, piss poor Batman. Horford can't create his own shot and doesn't have an elite PnR PG. Smith is too up and down in his overall game and mentality to ever become a superstar.

• Like 1

Not to bash you, but are we really talking about Women's basketball. I would rather watch paint dry, you have to be joking.

It's like the old joke:

A caller calls in the radio station and was the tenth caller and won a prize, that prize the caller won was a pair of tickets to a WNBA game. The next caller called in and was the second prize winner and won tickets to 5 WNBA games. The next caller called and won half a season ticket package to the WNBA for being third. Finally, the fourth place caller won season tickets to the WNBA.

Please no WNBA talk. ARGHHHHHHH

• Like 2

Not to bash you, but are we really talking about Women's basketball. I would rather watch paint dry, you have to be joking.

It's like the old joke:

A caller calls in the radio station and was the tenth caller and won a prize, that prize the caller won was a pair of tickets to a WNBA game. The next caller called in and was the second prize winner and won tickets to 5 WNBA games. The next caller called and won half a season ticket package to the WNBA for being third. Finally, the fourth place caller won season tickets to the WNBA.

Please no WNBA talk. ARGHHHHHHH

What's wrong with the WNBA? It's entertaining Basketball with excellent fundamentals. Not saying it's on par with the NBA or even in the same area code but it's better than watching regular season college basketball.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

C,mon man. Saying we have no chance is just plain wrong. Comparing the Hawks to the Indiana Pacers is just plain wrong. When this team is motivated and hitting on all cylinders, they can beat ANY team in this league. I for one an excited. I just have that feeling like the Hawks are gonna make the NBA sit up and take notice tonight. I can't explain why I feel like that, I just do. GO HAWKS!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Has D. Rose ever gone to the rim without getting fouled? And how is someone that's amazing at avoiding contact drawing fouls every time he attacks? Stern has to do something about NBA refs pulling calls out of the air to appease superstar players.

I think the key to winning a playoff series is good team basketball. A DRose or a Kobe can win a game for you, but they can't necessarily always win a series. And I agree with Deeman, JJ has been/can get pretty damn close.

Also something to keep in mind...the Bulls just squeaked by a sub .500 Pacers team at home, who in their own right proved how important team basketball is (they just collapsed at the end).

Well I'll wait on the tally from the Heatles but if the trend continues then it shows me that the refs are under edict to make sure the superstars advance. How does a guard make it out of a PLAYOFF game with 20 FTAs? I couldn't catch the game but I'm not seeing any reports of him receiving stitches or having to spend some time in the lockerroom. If the refs are still calling touch fouls in the playoffs then we are likely to see Dwight go for 40 himself and that's with his far worse FT%.

C,mon man. Saying we have no chance is just plain wrong. Comparing the Hawks to the Indiana Pacers is just plain wrong. When this team is motivated and hitting on all cylinders, they can beat ANY team in this league. I for one an excited. I just have that feeling like the Hawks are gonna make the NBA sit up and take notice tonight. I can't explain why I feel like that, I just do. GO HAWKS!

We don't, we haven't shown since the Miami Heat series that one player can put the team on his back and win us the series which was Joe. Teams know how to play Joe and can do so because we don't have the personnel to change that. Getting rid of Bibby made teams feel more confident about doubling Joe at all cost. I don't have faith in Horford like I normally do because Hinrich can't create for others to save his life. Horford really can't create his offense and scores off of jumpers, put-backs, PnR's, and physicality. Do you have faith in Josh Smith? Josh is perfect for one of those scrub teams like Minny. He can put up elite numbers while his impact is highly rangy and for a playoff team, a constant impact is a must. Especially when we don't have a superstar to relies on and even if we did, he could be better suited as a 6th man. We don't have the talent or depth to bring Smith off the bench.

So no, it's not harsh to say we have no chance. We literally have no chance. Maybe .01 if every team players except the Hawks gets swine flu and dies and we win by default but otherwise, we have no chance. Orlando and Atlanta might be the worst teams in the playoffs just watching the teams play. The Magic are a one man team that look like a worst version of the Toronto Raptors without Dwight and the Hawks do not play team basketball. Of course as individuals the Hawks have a ton of talent and Orlando has a top 3 player and to me the best player in the NBA in Dwight Howard who can win you 50 games by himself. Neither team strike me above the other 16 teams in the playoffs even with a lot more talent. Both should be out after the 2nd round.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

what the ending to that game showed me was that the NBA needs to look into re-implementing the hand check rule in basketball. 21 fts for rose is ridiculous. at that point the pacers are trying to play perimeter defense with their hands tied behind their back. rose wasn't even looking to run plays, just go to the hoop and get a foul call.

what the ending to that game showed me was that the NBA needs to look into re-implementing the hand check rule in basketball. 21 fts for rose is ridiculous. at that point the pacers are trying to play perimeter defense with their hands tied behind their back. rose wasn't even looking to run plays, just go to the hoop and get a foul call.

There is no way in heck anyone can defend Rose without hand checking. He's too strong, too quick, too talented, and too coordinated to be contained.

its about time Rose got 21 freethrows. He actually earned them IMO, he was getting hammered whenever he went to the rim. its the pacers fault for not making the adjustments to keep him outta the lane.