• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Really ESPN?

RonMexico

I got so excited to watch ESPN to see the glory of the Hawks. What did they show? A highlight reel of Dwight Howard, the ESPN dude making fun of our defensive efforts to guard him, totally SKIPPED the 3rd quarter dominance of the Hawks over the Magic and showed like the last 2 steals we had to seal the deal. To top it off they mistakenly said that the Magic won. What the hell?

I normally give espn hell too but for this one, I'm gonna let it slide. I mean it was a pretty big deal that Dwight had 31 points in the first half. And Jameer had a monster second half. But they showed the Marvin and Smith dunks and then the 3 by Jamal to seal the deal so I'll take that at least. There have been wins in the regular season that they've not even shown one highlight for our offense so this isn't as bad as they can and have been covering a Hawk's victory.

We had a great defensive effort and they made it seem laughable. There also was a huge disconnect in the timeline. It's showing Orlando's dominance then us sealing the win. If i didn't watch the game i'd have no idea what the hell happened

Edited by RonMexico

Yup. Typical ESPN. I knew it would be like this. Like Duff was saying, If I didn't get to watch the game, and I had my tv muted, I would have thought the Magic won. They show all Magic highlights except a few Atlanta highlights. It's funny because they didn't let the viewers know that we we were up by 18. It seems like they make the viewers think it was a close game the whole time. If the Magic would have won, media would go crazy. O well, I knew this would happen. :beathorse:

Edited by AHawks89

Woooooooe to all Hawks fans. Us vs the World I tell you!

Look folks, Dwight Howard is the biggest name in the series and he had a monstrous game. If we win game 2 and/or the series, we will get our shine.

Edited by jhay610

What do you expect. ESPN hates Atlanta sports. Always has.

There have been a lot of fans saying this on this forum for years. There are a select few ESPN.com writers who really do hate the Hawks, but for the most part, the media is indifferent. The truth is, ESPN loves stars because stars = ratings. Do you really think ESPN loved Cleveland the last 5 years or was it just that they loved Bron? Atlanta has been devoid of stars for years, but as Matt Ryan has gotten bigger, they've started riding the Falcons' jock. As soon as Jason Heyward broke into the league, they promoting the Braves again. If the Hawks want press, they need a visible superstar. Josh Smith is our most visible player, and he hasn't really broken into the public consciousness.

• Like 1

There have been a lot of fans saying this on this forum for years. There are a select few ESPN.com writers who really do hate the Hawks, but for the most part, the media is indifferent. The truth is, ESPN loves stars because stars = ratings. Do you really think ESPN loved Cleveland the last 5 years or was it just that they loved Bron? Atlanta has been devoid of stars for years, but as Matt Ryan has gotten bigger, they've started riding the Falcons' jock. As soon as Jason Heyward broke into the league, they promoting the Braves again. If the Hawks want press, they need a visible superstar. Josh Smith is our most visible player, and he hasn't really broken into the public consciousness.

Xactly. QFT

• Premium Member

I got so excited to watch ESPN to see the glory of the Hawks. What did they show? A highlight reel of Dwight Howard, the ESPN dude making fun of our defensive efforts to guard him, totally SKIPPED the 3rd quarter dominance of the Hawks over the Magic and showed like the last 2 steals we had to seal the deal. To top it off they mistakenly said that the Magic won. What the hell?

Beat me to it.

On the 7 AM Showing they said:

"The Magic takes care of business and goes up 1 -0."

I said, Damn, did David Stern reverse the game?

ESPN only cares about Atlanta sports when we have a potential superstar.

That's why they loved the Falcons when they had Vick, even during our .500 years, yet we get not nearly as much love anymore. Although they did like Matt Ryan his rookie year, they totally jumped off the bandwagon when he had a sophmore slump.

For the Braves they jumped on our bandwagon because of Jason Heyward. Then when he started slumping, they jumped off the Braves bandwagon as well

Intersting thing is ESPN used to love Josh Smith . I remember they used to show his amazing dunks and blocks even during the 13 and 26 win seasons.

It was like Blake Griffin to an extent in the way Josh Smith always made the top 10 highlights. But I guess as he never really blossomed into that superstar, they jumped off the Josh Smith bandwagon to the point where the patented block from behind that Josh Smith used to always make the highlights for, they completely ignored and pretended LeBron James was the king of that block and the master of that block when Josh Smith probably has more of those type of blocks than LeBron has total blocks in his career.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Stoopid ESPN act as if the Hawks have had some of the worst playoff loses in NBA history. Stoopid ESPN don't like us!