• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My thoughts.

Diesel

• Premium Member

My thoughts are that the Magic will come out hard and try to get their complimentary players involved. I believe that they will try to establish a strong inside presence like before, they they really want their shooters to step it up. I say we stick to the game plan. Make Howard play 1 on 1 and frustrate him.

Many think we will go Jumper crazy. I say that LD doesn't give everybody the greenlight on the jumper. For us to really be effective, we have to work in the midrange and closer. Let Horf work tha midrange shot. Our key (IMM) is Joe Johnson. They have nobody that can stay with him save QRich. Everytime JJ Redick is on Joe that's guaranteed 2. When Arenas is on Joe, that's a solid 2. Our other key is Hinrich. If he can shut down Nelson and still give us about 10, we will be i Atlanta at Big Daddy's eating shrimp thinking about the next series. A win tonight will send Panic waves through their organization. Dwight hates losing to Atlanta and SVG thinks we are more talented. Their wheels are ready to come off.

My thoughts are that the Magic will come out hard and try to get their complimentary players involved. I believe that they will try to establish a strong inside presence like before, they they really want their shooters to step it up. I say we stick to the game plan. Make Howard play 1 on 1 and frustrate him.

Many think we will go Jumper crazy. I say that LD doesn't give everybody the greenlight on the jumper. For us to really be effective, we have to work in the midrange and closer. Let Horf work tha midrange shot. Our key (IMM) is Joe Johnson. They have nobody that can stay with him save QRich. Everytime JJ Redick is on Joe that's guaranteed 2. When Arenas is on Joe, that's a solid 2. Our other key is Hinrich. If he can shut down Nelson and still give us about 10, we will be i Atlanta at Big Daddy's eating shrimp thinking about the next series. A win tonight will send Panic waves through their organization. Dwight hates losing to Atlanta and SVG thinks we are more talented. Their wheels are ready to come off.

My big concern is that we are feeling content winning game one...and our intensity/effort will be lacking. I'm sure the coaches preached we need to steal one of the first two on the road - mission accomplished. Now what's our mindset? I'm fearful of the Magic jumping on us early, and we fold.

Obviously, I hope this doesn't happen and we bring the energy we saw in game one. But this bunch had some ugly losses this year, blow out losses. We'll see, I can't wait...one of the most anticipated Hawks games for me in a long time.

:scratchhead:

My greatest fear: Our centers all get called for the foul on every occasion, we get behind because of this and then our offense turns into "Throwing it up there and see what happens."

Hawks had a game plan for game one and they stayed with the plan. They need to do the same

thing in game two - Have a plan and stick to it. Make adjustments? Sure. Just don't have a plan,

then abandon it and go wild with long, unsuccessful jump shots (with no rebounds).

Plan your work, then work the plan. Don't go into the panic mode.

:friends:

• Like 2

• Moderators

I have no idea how it happened but every guy understood his role on the team in game one. We haven't really seen that in months. It a lot of ways we played as close to a flawless game as the Hawks can. I don't expect that in game two. We probably won't shoot as well. It will be an interesting test to see if we can find another way to win because counting on no one on the magic to find a way to score other than jameer/dwight isn't a good plan.

I agree. We stick with what's working until it isn't. I've been yelling for Teague all year but I had no problem with him sitting in game one. If we aren't controlling the game though i think we need to use him to up the pressure. It should be a great game. Someone just needs to watch turkoglu. You can tell they are going to try to get him going. The good news about that is he can't guard anyone on our team so go ahead and put all your cards on him.

The Hawks could easily win game one and two and catch L's in the two games in Atlanta..If we continue not to make adjustments when point guards get on a roll we may not win the series..the ex factor for the hawks is Jamal Crawford if he has a strong playoffs the hawks are a very dangerous opponent for anyone..he seemed mus more settled with one year of playoff experience under his belt...

I agree with with a lot of what Last Don is saying. Our defense was flawless yet Orlando still managed to shoot 45% from the field and score 93 pts. Not great by the standard they set against us last season but not a horrible showing. Our 3pt D was the difference as they only shot 27% from downtown.

On our offensive end it was a brilliant game. Our guards showed up big time. Hubie alluded to this all night and SVG mentioned it as well. They could not get stops and our three headed monster of JJ, Hinrich, and Jamal shot a combined 22 of 40 and were 5 of 11 from downtown.

Things to be concerned with are simple, we have to make shots and the Magic out rebounded us 40 to 29. Our defensive scheme gave us the chance to win but our shots falling put us over the top big time. The Magic will in all likelihood out rebound us again. Our four centers we threw at Howard (Collins, ZaZa, Thomas and Powell) totaled 39 minutes played and had a total of 3 rebounds. If you would have told me that before the game, I would have cringed.

SVG will do some things different, but I think he feels like we had the hot hand and theirs was ice cold. I also think he will have a short leash on any player that is not shooting well and may dbl team JJ early and often to try and frustrate him. If JJ gets doubled, Horford, Smith, Hinrich, and Crawford will need to be ready.

I do not see the Magic giving up, for them its simple. Play D, out rebound us, and figure out a way to find a hot hand from downtown. For us it should be the same simple game plan also. Howard one on one and make him beat us, while protecting the 3pt line.

Its a solid game plan for us and one I really enjoyed watching vs the switching mismatches and Howard dbl teams Woody use to always get us into.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

My big concern is that we are feeling content winning game one...and our intensity/effort will be lacking. I'm sure the coaches preached we need to steal one of the first two on the road - mission accomplished. Now what's our mindset? I'm fearful of the Magic jumping on us early, and we fold.

Obviously, I hope this doesn't happen and we bring the energy we saw in game one. But this bunch had some ugly losses this year, blow out losses. We'll see, I can't wait...one of the most anticipated Hawks games for me in a long time.

This is where the coaching has to come in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OibZ-lFy3XA

Does it take much.

Or just mention that Jameer wants to see Rose in Round 2.