• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Drew needs to take a fine and publicly criticize refs

hawks21

The officiating was bad and for Dwight Howard to get his first foul in the middle of third quarter was ridiculous. There were at least three or four times in which moving screen fouls could have been --should have been called...

There was a play in the third quarter Smoove was fouled on a basket.

SOMETHING IS GOING ON...and Coach Drew should follow suit and did what Portland coach Nate McMilliam did and publicly admonish the refs before the series begin in Atlanta..

The refs clearly influenced the game with the whistle and let Dwight get away with fouls that should have been called MUCH EARLIER IN THE GAME..

• Like 2

You understand we are a "jumpshooting team" (Joe Johnson said so) right? Yes, their were some bad calls but most of the time we were avoiding contact by chucking jumpers.

so true, the blame starts with ourselves, SVG knew that the Hawks live and die by the jumpshot and isolation plays, once he figured that out, boom Orlando WINS.

LD show emotion? Na. Plus, you also have to remember a technical costs him more than any other coach in the league since he's the lowest paid coach in the league.

Yeah 36 free throws to 17 for our hawks clearly had nothing to do with it....

The Magic clearly shot too many FT's but our 17 wasn't far off of our season average of 21 and that's to be expected when we're afraid to go into the paint. The big reason as I see it that we lost tonight was because of a lack of ball movement and movement without the ball. I'd love to blame this on the refs but even as bad as we played and with the FT disparity we still had a legit chance at winning the game late.

The Magic clearly shot too many FT's but our 17 wasn't far off of our season average of 21 and that's to be expected when we're afraid to go into the paint. The big reason as I see it that we lost tonight was because of a lack of ball movement and movement without the ball. I'd love to blame this on the refs but even as bad as we played and with the FT disparity we still had a legit chance at winning the game late.

Dolfan....you can't be serious. The layup by Josh where he was pushed out of bounds by Ryan Anderson, the blatant moving screen where Josh got crushed and went to the floor and didn't get up right away (in the first), the back to back moving screens in the 4th (one of which Crawford was called for a foul instead of Dwight). Heading into the 4th quarter there had been 37 foul calls in 36 minutes and a total of 23 turnovers.....That is a foul or T/O every 40 seconds. I am not a big fan of blaming the officials but I'm willing to step out there and say this game was fixed. I have no question in my mind the refs were calling this for Orlando to extend the series.

Yes we missed some big shots (see Marvin here) but in a 6 point game, the Magic were sent to the line and converted 18 more free throws. Horford was sent to the bench with 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes. This is the very defintion of a fix. Remember the NBA makes about 10 million dollars in total revenue for each playoff game played with the home team making about 1.5 million in pure profit per game.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

You understand we are a "jumpshooting team" (Joe Johnson said so) right? Yes, their were some bad calls but most of the time we were avoiding contact by chucking jumpers.

Orlando is also a jumpshooting team (outside d12). In the game ATL had 81 shots from the floor, Orlando 78. Take away Dwight's 12 shots and that makes 66 for Orlando. So with 15 more shot attempts, we still only shot the same amount of FT's ( i took d12's outragous 19 FT's from their total, also) and that smell like a fix to me...

They could also call the defensive 3 seconds violation nearly every possession that Joe touches the ball but that's a-whole-nother story

Dolfan....you can't be serious. The layup by Josh where he was pushed out of bounds by Ryan Anderson, the blatant moving screen where Josh got crushed and went to the floor and didn't get up right away (in the first), the back to back moving screens in the 4th (one of which Crawford was called for a foul instead of Dwight). Heading into the 4th quarter there had been 37 foul calls in 36 minutes and a total of 23 turnovers.....That is a foul or T/O every 40 seconds. I am not a big fan of blaming the officials but I'm willing to step out there and say this game was fixed. I have no question in my mind the refs were calling this for Orlando to extend the series.

Yes we missed some big shots (see Marvin here) but in a 6 point game, the Magic were sent to the line and converted 18 more free throws. Horford was sent to the bench with 2 fouls in the first 3 minutes. This is the very defintion of a fix. Remember the NBA makes about 10 million dollars in total revenue for each playoff game played with the home team making about 1.5 million in pure profit per game.

Which part can't I be serious about? Do you think we did a good job of moving without the ball? Do you think we did a good job passing up horrible one on one shots to get better shots for our teammates?

I never said there weren't any bad non-calls on fouls but that happens in every game and like I said we only took 4 fewer FTs than our season average and that was with Al being out most of the 1st half and none of our bigs attempting to score in the paint.

I guess you can blame the refs all you'd like but I'd rather put the blame on the players and coaches who did everything they could to lose the game for 2.5 quarters and still had a shot to win it at the end.

If this type of officiating happened in New York, Boston or Chicago, I believe there would be extra scrutiny of the referee calls and ESPN would be more critical.

This is the anatomy of a fix, and Al Horford getting two fouls in the first three minutes was the first clue. And Jason Collins got is second foul early in the second quarter. The Hawks were able to get a 32-22 lead, but with Horford and Collins on the bench, Orlando started to take control of the game.

At the same time, the officials were swallowing the whistle in regard to Dwight who should have been called for at least three fouls at halftime. Howard ended up playing a FULL 48 minutes with NO worry of getting into foul trouble.

Edited by hawks21

If this type of officiating happened in New York, Boston or Chicago, I believe there would be extra scrutiny of the referee calls and ESPN would be more critical.

This is the anatomy of a fix, and Al Horford getting two fouls in the first three minutes was the first clue. And Jason Collins got is second foul early in the second quarter. The Hawks were able to get a 32-22 lead, but with Horford and Collins on the bench, Orlando started to take control of the game.

At the same time, the officials were swallowing the whistle in regard to Dwight who should have been called for at least three fouls at halftime. Howard ended up playing a FULL 48 minutes with NO worry of getting into foul trouble.

The foul on Josh's layup happened 5 feet from the official who was looking right at it. As the play ended and the ball began to go the other way, the official runs right by the camera. He was right there, it was borderline flagrant since no play was made on the ball. He just pushed him while going up.

I want Tim Donaghy to analyze this game and point out every purposeful non call.