• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Whoose fans will show up?

Diesel

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we can get the pro Hawks atmosphere we had against Boston circa 2008... we will win this series.

Dude it's not as simple as that. Yes we may have a very good home crowd but if you go back and watch those Boston vs Hawks replays, the Hawks were moving the ball and ATTACKING THE RIM. We were getting foul calls, layups, putbacks, dunks. Those are our advantages as a team, we have guys who are very athletic and good around the rim, when you take that away and make us shoot jumpers we are playing into the opponents hands. We have to put PRESSURE on the refs to give us the same calls as they were giving Dwight. Instead we shoot long twos and threes. That aint gonna cut it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dude it's not as simple as that. Yes we may have a very good home crowd but if you go back and watch those Boston vs Hawks replays, the Hawks were moving the ball and ATTACKING THE RIM. We were getting foul calls, layups, putbacks, dunks. Those are our advantages as a team, we have guys who are very athletic and good around the rim, when you take that away and make us shoot jumpers we are playing into the opponents hands. We have to put PRESSURE on the refs to give us the same calls as they were giving Dwight. Instead we shoot long twos and threes. That aint gonna cut it.

I think loud fans will have a certain power of the stupidity of some Hawks play. I think we raise the level of our play from the energy in the room.

We even play smarter.

I don't live in Atlanta, and I'll be there. Team Jumpshot MUST WIN ALL OF THEIR HOME GAMES to win this series. No way we can win a Game 5 ( if we're down 3 - 1 ) or a Game 7 ( if the series is tied 3 - 3 ) in Orlando.

Everything from a jacked up Orlando squad, to the refs, to the networks, to that leprechaun running the NBA, would be against us winning the series. Game 7 in Orlando is almost certain doom for the Hawks. So we need to hold serve at home, and win this thing in 6.

If we somehow blow this series, the team may be shook up a little, which may make us better . . or worse.

May as well see the Hawks while they're a playoff caliber team.

Like with how just about everyone wanted Woody gone, people may get their wish about a few players leaving the Hawks.

Be careful for what you wish for.

• Like 2

If we can get the pro Hawks atmosphere we had against Boston circa 2008... we will win this series.

D, Atlantans love their homegrowns ala Dwight but That does not mean Magics over Hawks. Transplants aren't from Orlando either. I don't sense a Florida slant in the Basketball fans either. It will be Packed and it will be a Hawks atmosphere.

The Philips will be rocking.

• Premium Member

My feeling is that Atlanta fans (all sports) are with the playoffs team the first year (and maybe the second) but after the new has worn off, the fans go back to ignoring the team. I am working on this theory that I will call the Braves 14 playoffs in a row theory. Or maybe" the Schuerholz effect."

But in my gut, I think that Hawks fans will come out because we have good reason to have hope. Something we didn't have last year or the years previous.

• Like 3

• Moderators

There are D12 fans, friends, family, and hangers-on, just not enough of them to make a difference. Once Dwight wins a title he'll have a following that fills arenas. Among Magic fans showing up, there may be as many desperate Gil fans and squealing JJ Redick fans as D12 fans at the arena.

~lw3

Yeah, don't really understand why they don't hand out white shirts like the Heat home games have. But i'll be wearing white for sure.

obviously the owners are too cheap for that. I mean, seriously, towels?

Hawks fans will certainly be in the majority but there will be a decent number of Magic fans. Not enough to drown out the home crowd. Phillips is always rowdy during the playoffs.

Anyone watch the Bulls vs Pacers game last night? There were almost as many Bulls fans as there were Pacers fans. Felt bad for the Pacers as I'm sure they have a good number of die-hard fans that probably couldn't get tickets. Most of those Bulls fans probably made the drive down from Chicago because they couldn't get tickets to their own home games. There are a lot of Bulls fans in general thanks to MJ legacy, large market, and their new superstar, D-Rose.